• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

It's pretty obvious, you were one of the people selling for 1 key.

Does telling yourself that you didn't rip people off as much as others did make you feel better?

Alright you asshole, I am not russian. I am American and i was helping GAFfers get it at the one key price.

I literally spent an hour and a half of my time helping GAFfers who didn't wanna mess with key trading/wanted to pay via paypal. I bought it from russians for 1 key then resold it for the same amount to GAFfers.

I think you should get your facts straight before pointing fingers.

zkylon

zkylewd
Wat? They actually ADDED content to the last chapter? What was it like before? A cut to black and then credit roll? :D

But anyway, yes, TW1 is overall much more cohesive, and my expectations for TW3 are still the hugest ever!

well like i thought a couple things on act 3 get solved fairly ok and i didn't mind the final encounter with letho so much (tho i may have made a different decision than you >:D), so it wasn't THAT bad but act 2 is so fucking epic it ends up being bizarre as fuck

i think "a lot" might be stretching it but i know they added some quests and dialogue and such

the witcha games always have issues like that

remember starting chapter 1 in witcha 1 with the mega random magic boy and evil dog cutscenes?

like witcha games are still made in poland, and they have to stick to their eurojank roots

and i wouldn't like it any other way <3

Xanathus

1 key for Valiant Hearts is very reasonable considering there was only a narrow timeframe to pick it up even though it was practically free. Waaaay better than other GAFers asking for $10 for it.

Danielsan

1 key for Valiant Hearts is very reasonable considering there was only a narrow timeframe to pick it up even though it was practically free. Waaaay better than other GAFers asking for $10 for it.
Are people out there still offering Valiant Hearts for 1 key? I noticed that like 50% of my friendslist got the game yesterday.

Banner Saga is on mac too? So tempting...

Who am I kidding, I'm just trying not to break my Steam Sale rule of spending more than £6 on a game.

But that Art Style, it reminds me of simpler times...

Arthea

Damn, I wanted to be friends with that bear :(

If I enjoyed my time in Galactic Civilizations II (even though I didn't play much because of time), which one would be my best bet? Endless Space or Stardrive? (Or should I stick to Galactic Civilizations?)

P.S. Also, I really liked FTL

I don't have Stardrive, and so far I'm not convinced I need it. Endless Space is a good, nice looking game but it's no GalCiv.
I still would recommend Endless Space, if you like such games and can find time for it.

What’s the deal with restrictions on the Steam Marketplace? I’m wary of logging into the Market from work because I worry that it will put a 7 day ban on my account. Are my fears unfounded or should I continue to use the market at home only?

Copons

well like i thought a couple things on act 3 get solved fairly ok and i didn't mind the final encounter with letho so much (tho i may have made a different decision than you >:D), so it wasn't THAT bad but act 2 is so fucking epic it ends up being bizarre as fuck

i think "a lot" might be stretching it but i know they added some quests and dialogue and such

the witcha games always have issues like that

Yeah but mainly I hated the fact that in the end Letho
is basically the Prima guide of the game
Compressing ALL the solutions in the same dialogue
is something an amateur writer could do, but totally not what I expect from pros.

remember starting chapter 1 in witcha 1 with the mega random magic boy and evil dog cutscenes?

Actually no, because TW1 started with all details at ultra or something, on my old Mac, and I played the intro/tutorial at 5fps, and I never got to play it again don't know why, but still I don't know what happened. :D

drbond

Neo Member
Any chance that FPS wins the community vote? I already have it, but $7 bucks for the entire Quake collection ain't bad (if just to get friends together for Quake coop).

Its not like Far Cry 3 is always on sale, let alone GTA4 and Terraria (which should be free season sale gifts at this point ala GOG).

biocat

What’s the deal with restrictions on the Steam Marketplace? I’m wary of logging into the Market from work because I worry that it will put a 7 day ban on my account. Are my fears unfounded or should I continue to use the market at home only?
If you try to sell something from a new login location they just tell you you can't. I don't think there is any ban.

Blearth

Banned
Finally got to Level 8. Got 7 cards at once.

Sold em all for a cool $1.49. Would've gotten more if it weren't for the stupid level restriction.

Oh well, at least I got Gone Home for $1.50

SephiZack

I don't have Stardrive, and so far I'm not convinced I need it. Endless Space is a good, nice looking game but it's no GalCiv.
I still would recommend Endless Space, if you like such games and can find time for it.

If you have it, would you recommend buying the game with the DLC?

Autofokus

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-37BEF786D450FF2B - Taken by Maxwood. 54 entrants total.

t1403781993z1.png
useless hint: It's a game you can't directly purchase on steam anymore.

Knurek

Stress removal? Are you some kind of dirty credit-feeder?
1CC or death!

Credit feed so far, but I've been able to 2CC Normal modes. 1CC for those should be definitely doable with some practice.
Arcade OTOH... Wish there was a fourth difficulty mode, between Normal and Arcade.

I have the original Japanese doujin release. I wonder if it's been improved on much. Achievements would be nice, I guess.

crimzonkcszn.png

I will never 100% the game, the Unlimited 1CC achievement is just impossible.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Yes, you will get locked if you login from a new pc/ip.

aku:jiki

Is how to survive worth it?
I had a lot of fun with it. It's a simplistic action RPG with a fun and simple headshotting mechanic and a goofy story. You run around between a few tropical islands infested with zombies and collect scrap you can build weapons out of, while performing simple fetch quests and fighting zombie deer. Long enough to not feel shallow, but short enough to not overstay its welcome. Has a challenge mode if you end up enjoying the headshotting, like I did, and want a couple of extra hours of fun shooting more zombies.

(Zombie deer!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom