• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Bleh, 10€ for Remember Me. Interested, but nah.

ya, I need it to be way cheaper to double dip.
Still, it makes me wonder, are sales of it were that good on PC, that not only base price is rather high, we aren't getting -75% discount either.

It's 67% off.
Ten bucks is a pretty nice price. Be warned, though; it's extreme liniear and there's a ridiculous amount of flickering during a couple of fights. As an epileptic it gave me a pretty hard time.
Beautifull art, though. The first two chapters look especially amazing.

Yeah, price didn't update for me for some minutes

Sorry to hear that bro, and thank you for your advice, I'm going to watch some gameplay trailers! :D

aku:jiki

It's not the first time and it won't be the last. Tomb Raider was a female lead platformer afterall.
Yeah, that's what I mean. There has been at least one stupidly placed game, often more, in every single vote so far. It's like they picked games by nailing a list to a dart board.

Is the GTA IV port good/worth purchasing or no?
It's okay. You won't get anywhere near the performance you probably should out of it, however. With a i5-4570 and a GTX 760 I still get dips below 30fps more often than I'd like on modest car density and view distance settings.

Basically it'll look great, especially if you mod it, but expect/cap it at 30fps. YMMV

kubus

Remember Me is awesome! I have no regrets paying fullprice for that game at release as I think it was well worth the price, but i can understand that 10 bucks might still be too steep for some.

Think it would sell a lot more if they made it about 6 or 7 dollars/euro.

Salsa

XdTG2RQ.png

A-higs_remember-me.gif

thanks cards

Dambrosi

Banned
Quoting myself like a madman since I dunno how fast this thread will move right now. Join FGC ScrubGAF as well if you're new (or even if you're not.)
I have the game on PS3 though. I can't really justify getting it again on Steam, especially since I don't have the money for it :p

I'll have to hope someone generous puts a copy up on ModBot.

I heard KOF XIII has a bad netcode. I want to ask here for those who have that game on steam, is the netcode good or still the same as the console ports?

Voted for Ikaruga. Is KoF XIII worth $10?
If you like fighting games, yeah. It has a lot of content and the netcode is pretty good. Just know that it isn't anywhere as popular as Street Fighter, so the online isn't as populated. Check out the group I posted farther up or the fighting game threads on GAF to find buddies to match up with.

PC netcode is way better than the console versions.

Zeeman

That's weird, I bought a gift copy of Gone Home earlier and it seems to have disappeared from my Inventory

E: Never mind, it's back. How bizarre

Danneee

So, I just bought a flight stick and would really like some game recommendations for it.
I already have Wings of Prey but I'd like something with modern setting or maybe in space.
As long as it's flying and fun I'll give it a shot.

Tellaerin

Ikaruga's doomed to lose with the Steam community running this ship.

"If you want to see the fate of democracies, look out the windows."

Next time, I want them to let us vote on which set of discounts we personally want for each eight hour period. I hate being at the whim of the community for these sales.

Card Boy

Banned
I find something ironic about this.

Addictive Multiplayer
hacJeCh.png

s5u9S4W.png

Why the fuck did I pick "Multiplayer" > Ikaruga :(

Yeah i accidently did the same. i only voted that bundle because of Dark Souls and Battlefront 2 but both games are fucked in some way or another.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Ikaruga going up against Dark Souls. It has no chance. WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US VALVE?

If you like fighting games, yeah. It has a lot of content and the netcode is pretty good. Just know that it isn't anywhere as popular as Street Fighter, so the online isn't as populated. Check out the group I posted farther up or the fighting game threads on GAF to find buddies to match up with.

PC netcode is way better than the console versions.

That's good.

So GTA IV is $5 / 75% off despite the community choice listing $4 / 80%? And this isn't the first time the voting page listed different prices than what the actual sale turned out to be. It doesn't affect me personally, I already bought GTA IV complete a couple weeks ago when it was on sale for the same $6, but if the community choice votes are actually supposed to be meaningful they should really have accurate information.

drbond

Neo Member
Voted for Ikaruga. Is KoF XIII worth $10?

KOFXIII is awesome! Blows away the underwhelming crap from the previous year. $10? I paid $59 (with the soundtrack CD) on x360 and I'd do it again. $10 is a damn steal and must if you like beautiful art and/or SNK fighters. Steam version has KOF themed cards and stuff if your interested in that.

Shadownet

Banned
I really wanna bite on that GTA Collection for $10.. Then I remember how crappy GTA IV is on PC.

If I buy that bundle. Is it going to be separate codes? I rather just gift GTA IV away and keep the rest.

In other news. Any Russian Store mistake yet?:p

Danielsan

Dark Souls is an amazing game, but it's on sale every other day. People who vote for it because they themselves still don't have it have only themselves to blame. It's Ikaruga's time to shine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom