• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeman

Someone tell me about Terraria. Is it worthwhile for someone that doesn't have a lot of gaming time these days?

Seanspeed

Banned
Dark Souls is an amazing game, but it's on sale every other day. People who vote for it because they themselves still don't have it have only themselves to blame. It's Ikaruga's time to shine now.
I voted for it cuz I want FROM to get as many sales as possible so they continue to love PC.

M09482

Neo Member
Well June has been an expensive month for me. Think I am done for this sale (unless an amazing deal pops up). So far I've bought the following.

Steam:

Borderlands 2 GOTY
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Darksiders Francise
Dead Island Riptide
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
Deus Ex: Game of the Year
Don't Starve + Reign of Giants
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Far Cry 3
Hitman Collection
Marlow Briggs
Outlast
Payday: The Heist + Wolfpack DLC
Shadowgrounds
Shadowgrounds Survivor
Spacechem
State of Decay
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II
Torchlight II
Valiant Hearts - Got the last one for 2 tf2 keys.

Origin:

Mass Effect 3
Crysis 3
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 3
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Uplay:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Child of Light
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Splinter Cell: Blaclist
Watchdogs

GOG:

RaceDriver: Grid
Zafehouse Diaries
Knock Knock
Magrunner: Dark Pulse

To Buy:
Witcher 3 (GOG)

I don't normally buy games on release, but the guys at CDProjekt RED are just awesome. Not only do I get 27% off for owning both Witcher games but they will also give me back $12 in vouchers as part of their Fair Price Package.

I really want to support these guys because they are one of the few developers that truly seem to care about the gaming community.

Card Boy

Banned
Someone tell me about Terraria. Is it worthwhile for someone that doesn't have a lot of gaming time these days?

If time is a concern to you then no its not but it is a good game. It's like a 2D Minecraft but with stuff to aim for like bosses, getting all the NPCs to move in, and events.

So GTA IV is $5 / 75% off despite the community choice listing $4 / 80%? And this isn't the first time the voting page listed different prices than what the actual sale turned out to be. It doesn't affect me personally, I already bought GTA IV complete a couple weeks ago when it was on sale for the same $6, but if the community choice votes are actually supposed to be meaningful they should really have accurate information.

For a brief moment, it was GTA IV + San Andreas for $5 I think.

If you're planning on buying the Redux versions of the Metro games now is a good time to grab the originals for the 50% discount. 2033 is currently at 1,99 euros and will save you 10 on the Redux version.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
VOTE FOR IKARUGA should be added to the thread title.

For the future.

For the love of PEWPEWPEW.

For justice.

For Treasure.

And for my wallet.

Arthea

I don't get it... Bioshock triple pack is 10,19€, but BioShock + BioShock 2 Pack is almost as much - 10€?
It makes no sense...

I voted for Ikaruga but man, Steam crowd votes the same fucking games constantly and then they becomes dailies and then they vote for them some more.

Shadownet

Banned
My god GAF! Stop pressuring me! Alright! I will go on YouTube and watch Ikaruga gameplay to see what's all the fuss is about!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I voted for Ikaruga but man, Steam crowd votes the same fucking games constantly and then they becomes dailies and then they vote for them some more.

you had like 2 or 3 gaffers already saying they voted for Dark Souls even tho it was a daily and a flash deal already

Look at it this way: There are 75+ million steam accounts, discounting smurfs/alts/whatever, how many of those are actually gonna be in the know enough to think it through that much?

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
In space, no one can hear you scream
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Space Engineers -- MB-178CA623C1110059 - Taken by oipic. 19 entrants total.
Endless Space -- MB-B92796634CF0A366 - Taken by Melhisedek. 22 entrants total.

t1403775988z1.png

Chariot

In space, no one can hear you scream
Nice, I always had an eye on Endless Space.

edit: I also looked through my bundles. Unused keys, free to grab:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Neighbours from Hell Compilation -- MB-E49EC4C3AD1D02BD - Taken by SalsaShark
Metro 2033, Risen and Sacred Citadel -- MB-74746B18AD114B30 - Taken by Gez

Tellaerin

Look at it this way: There are 75+ million steam accounts, discounting smurfs/alts/whatever, how many of those are actually gonna be in the know enough to think it through that much?

That doesn't make me feel better. : /

The
Steam
democratic experiment has clearly failed.

We need an autocrat to take the reins and guide us into a new era of enlightened sales.

Who will heed the call?

That doesn't make me feel better. : /

The
Steam
democratic experiment has clearly failed.

We need an autocrat to take the reins and guide us into a new era of enlightened sales.

Who will heed the call?
Uh, I'd like to nominate myself for Universal Steam Overlord. JaseC can be my prime minister.

MadGear

I don't get it... Bioshock triple pack is 10,19€, but BioShock + BioShock 2 Pack is almost as much - 10€?
It makes no sense...

There are actually such big pricing differences in EU stores? Bioshock Triple Pack is 14.99€ for me (german store). I could get another game for the additional cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom