• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Wtb: gaf simulator.

I remember a browser game that simulated an online forum but I can't remember what it was called now. You searched for clues through posts and made progress through a story. It was actually pretty involved.

Gangxxter

Are people really into simulation games or what? Truck simulator, mechanic simulator, prison architect, etc etc. Are these actually worth playing or are they joke games like surgeon simulator and goat simulator?
Euro Truck Simulator 2 is amazing.
Prison Architect is more like in the vein of RollerCoaster Tycoon (if I'm not mistaken).
Not sure about Mechanic Simulator though. It might fall into the category of trying to be serious but failing miserably (like the Police Simulator or Bus Driver).

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I just won Patrician IV!
I remember spending days playing and loving Patrician 1 as a kid. Led me to play Pharao and Port Royale. Ha, those were the days.

Thank you very much, lashman!

no problem :) enjoy the game ... it really is pretty fun!! :)

Oh wow. Cool! There's some great wee gems in there - I thoroughly loved McPixel for example, ridiculously odd.

yeah - that game is very odd indeed :D I love it!! :)

It's a great giveaway. Tried for McPixel but I guess I didn't post enough last thread.

oh, sorry about that :( there's nothing I can do about that really :( damn

Are people really into simulation games or what? Truck simulator, mechanic simulator, prison architect, etc etc. Are these actually worth playing or are they joke games like surgeon simulator and goat simulator?

Some of them are really good, Euro Truck Simulator 2 is really great, very relaxing game to play

Prison Architect is more like classic games like Theme Hospital though

I'm pretty sure that, because of you guys, I'm going to go full price for this. To hell with my sales monies.

1955a43dd7694c293dbd54fc966dea33_large.gif

Polk

Euro Truck Simulator is really great game.
Prison Architect isn't really simulation. Unless you count all "tycoon" games as simulations.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Apparently I have the same problem (though I didn't go for McPixel).

ah damn :/

I think stump said modbot can only process 1 single raffle per 45 seconds or so. Large raffles with mulitple keys can take a long time to process.

ah, I see ... well in that case - we wait ... I guess

It says more than 5 posts in this thread only, not sure if that's a typo or if the rule for it got changed.

I wouldn't know ...

Awesomely generous giveaway. I tried for something too but didn't qualify. Silly modbot

ok guys ... I really don't know what's going on ... I guess I'll just wait for a few hours and then if nothing else gets claimed I'll just nuke all the remaining keys and just make a new giveaway ... ok?

Red

Euro Truck Simulator 2 is amazing.
Prison Architect is more like in the vein of RollerCoaster Tycoon (if I'm not mistaken).
Not sure about Mechanic Simulator though. It might fall into the category of trying to be serious but failing miserably (like the Police Simulator or Bus Driver).

Some of them are really good, Euro Truck Simulator 2 is really great, very relaxing game to play

Prison Architect is more like classic games like Theme Hospital though

Euro Truck Simulator is really great game.
Prison Architect isn't really simulation. Unless you count all "tycoon" games as simulations.
Suddenly Prison Architect becomes a lot more interesting.

derExperte

I won't be here to celebrate the glorious Ikaruga/Shovel Knight happening but if there are any price mistakes please think of good, old derExperte and grab some for me. Might need it if Germany fucks up against USA
hahahaha, nope

Having no idea what Valiant Hearts was and being swept up with the crazy russian misprice yesterday. I have to say I am presently surprised, the art style and the puzzle game mechanics makes me feel like I'm playing an interactive comic/cartoon. And at the same time I'm learning what I should have learnt in history lessons all those years ago.

wilflare

VOTE FOR IKARUGA

ModBot said:
Instructions for wilflare:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wilflare, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SpaceChem -- MB-3384D28ECD107E7A - Taken by ihateyourhat. 5 entrants total.

t1403786138z1.png

ev0

If anyone wants a copy, he still has two available (probably will be gone soon, found him on tf2outpost), send me a message.

Very cool. I'll have to pass, I'm past the "mania" now and back to trying to save money, even if it's $2 haha. Someone should go for it though.

ok guys ... I really don't know what's going on ... I guess I'll just wait for a few hours and then if nothing else gets claimed I'll just nuke all the remaining keys and just make a new giveaway ... ok?

That's cool. Don't go out of your way. I'm too lazy to deal with small handful of keys sometimes heh

gngf123

Smaller one this time:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

To the Moon -- MB-23FD7BCC3885E5B9 - Taken by Yrael. 7 entrants total.

t1403786238z1.png

Remember, vote Ikaruga.

Is it normal that a game that I have sent as a gift to a friend stays in my inventory after he already accepted it? it gives the option to send it again. I thought it only stayed in as long as it's not accepted.

Suddenly Prison Architect becomes a lot more interesting.

I recommend it from the little I've played. It's obviously still in development, but the game is entirely playable now.

Like I stated in the previous thread, the tutorial is a bit lacking and leaves out the whole 'how to manage a prison' thing. A little trial and error and you should be able to pick most of it up. It also has the ability to sell your prison and start over with the money from the sale.

ModBot said:
Instructions for nightstorm:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:

To the moon -- MB-02A47E5399BACF1F - Taken by Mohasus

Volcynika

Is it normal that a game that I have sent as a gift to a friend stays in my inventory after he already accepted it? it gives the option to send it again. I thought it only stayed in as long as it's not accepted.

Are you sure he accepted it? Sounds odd. Does it say "Sent to ____" on the description?

Some of them are good games, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Spintires, Football Manager are well received games and of course I can't forget to mention the best murder/survivor simulator Crusader Kings II.

wilflare

clearing my inventory
ModBot said:
Instructions for wilflare:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wilflare, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Dead Island Epidemic -- MB-D315B818E8371C34 - Taken by subtleglitch. 2 entrants total.

t1403786490z1.png

Are you sure he accepted it? Sounds odd. Does it say "Sent to ____" on the description?
Yes. It has Sent to <name of friend> in it, I get the option to send it again but haven't tried it yet. Maybe it's just a problem with steam updating. Never had this before though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom