• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohoXD123

Yes. It has Sent to <name of friend> in it, I get the option to send it again but haven't tried it yet. Maybe it's just a problem with steam updating. Never had this before though.

Did your friend say that he received it and everything? Had a similar problem with a giveaway here a few days ago, the person had to gift it again on steam.

Hm why does the store tell me I already own Fallout NV Ultimate ? I only have the normal version. I thought it was some separate entry in your game library too ?

I own Fallout: New Vegas ultimate but you can tell it's the Ultimate edition only by checking the DLC tab.

LA Noire complete edition was 7.50$ but when community vote of Sandbox gameswon (GTA ) and stuff, it became 5.74$. Do you think it will end within 4 hours when the community choce is over or it will last till last day?(because it is weirdf since the price is said to stay till 30 june but only becalme like that when sadnbox community choice won).

Chariot

I recommend it from the little I've played. It's obviously still in development, but the game is entirely playable now.

Like I stated in the previous thread, the tutorial is a bit lacking and leaves out the whole 'how to manage a prison' thing. A little trial and error and you should be able to pick most of it up. It also has the ability to sell your prison and start over with the money from the sale.
Is it already possible to just build like one wants? Or is it like a huge tutorial or campaign, telling you what to do?

Weird, Modbot doesn't seem to be marking claimed games at the moment. Does it often do that?

Things get queued up and sometimes take some time to register, especially if someone does a huge giveaway. patience.

Is it already possible to just build like one wants? Or is it like a huge tutorial or campaign, telling you what to do?

There is no campaign. After a very short tutorial, you are dumped onto a plot of land and you are off. There are 'grants' you can take out which basically can be equated to objectives (complete x, y, z and get some money), but you can basically do whatever you want.

Do you want to make a max security prison? works
Do you want to make a rehabilitation center? works
Do you want to make a workshop employing prison labor? works

01d.gif

There is no campaign. After a very short tutorial, you are dumped onto a plot of land and you are off. There are 'grants' you can take out which basically can be equated to objectives (complete x, y, z and get some money), but you can basically do whatever you want.

Do you want to make a max security prison? works
Do you want to make a rehabilitation center? works
Do you want to make a workshop employing prison labor? works

I am very interested in this game, but I still feel like waiting for it to exit Early Access before I bite. Been enjoying the beta videos they've been releasing though.

swx

old HB keys

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-F2B657B0B812853C - Taken by Tetrasides. 5 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-6DE7AF0553DE6A7A

t1403787240z1.png

Divius

Finished Brothers - a tale of two sons. Took me maybe 2,5 Hrs. Part of that might be because the game isn't particularly lengthy, but mostly because of faulty prioritizing within the game. As the game starts you are sent out on an urgent mission, a matter of life and death really. Then the game throws all these sidequests and distractions at you, but thinking about the urgency of my mission I just skipped all of them because idgaf about some bunnies when my
father is dying
yo. So afterwards I feel like I missed a lot of things, but I'm not playing the game again.

Besides that the game was pretty alright. The controls are not gimmicky, it plays rather well and makes for some fun gameplay and puzzles which never reach their full potential but also never becomes dull, annoying or frustrating which was something I was afraid of. Other then the inventive controls the biggest plus might be the visual aspect of the game, I loved the production- and leveldesign. Especially the beautiful vista's and the sense of scale were really well done.

I am very interested in this game, but I still feel like waiting for it to exit Early Access before I bite. Been enjoying the beta videos they've been releasing though.

I agree on waiting. I'm particularly not a huge fan of early access games, but was able to get a good deal on this through a friendly GAFfer. Otherwise, I'd be in the same boat as you.

I would say that it has a ton of promise though. I don't know how far through development it is, but so far so good!

Yup, just got another 2 summer cards I can't trade or use. Locking new users from trade for 15 days was a brilliant idea.
I thought it was new devices that were locked from trade for 15 days (non-new devices can still trade fine though) while adding new funds was 7 days locked out the marketplace (my lock lifted again today...of course when I go to sell something it remembers I'm locked out).

Finished Brothers - a tale of two sons. Took me maybe 2,5 Hrs. Part of that might be because the game isn't particularly lengthy, but mostly because of faulty prioritizing within the game. As the game starts you are sent out on an urgent mission, a matter of life and death really. Then the game throws all these sidequests and distractions at you, but thinking about the urgency of my mission I just skipped all of them because idgaf about some bunnies when my
father is dying
yo. So afterwards I feel like I missed a lot of things, but I'm not playing the game again.

Besides that the game was pretty alright. The controls are not gimmicky, it plays rather well and makes for some fun gameplay and puzzles which never reach their full potential but also never becomes dull, annoying or frustrating which was something I was afraid of. Other then the inventive controls the biggest plus might be the visual aspect of the game, I loved the production- and leveldesign. Especially the beautiful vista's and the sense of scale were really well done.
I'm so torn on this one. Thanks for the impressions

as did I. but we shall see what the masses think.

While I've voted for it too, I see very little chance of it winning. Not only has Dark Souls already gone on sale but it seems to have quite a lot of appeal through the strong word of mouth, ensuring that the Steam community will, almost certainly, once again choose the wrong option. The addition of Battlefront 2 makes the odds of it winning stacked even more against Ikagura winning.

Please prove me wrong Steam Community.

EDIT: Actually Typing of the Dead's absence thus far is a shame. I was hoping to pick up the DLCs at a greater discount than they presently have.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

does this mean you can enter multiple times, but only copy/paste one code per PM? Or you can only pick one game from the list for each raffle?

MarionCB

Go Ikuraga, and I'm hoping eXceed 3rd goes on sale too at some point. What are the other good shmups on Steam, especially if they're on sale? I have Sine Mora already.

I agree on waiting. I'm particularly not a huge fan of early access games, but was able to get a good deal on this through a friendly GAFfer. Otherwise, I'd be in the same boat as you.

I would say that it has a ton of promise though. I don't know how far through development it is, but so far so good!

I try to take early access games on a per game basis, and I don't think Prison Architect is in any danger of dropped dev support. I kind of put it in the Kerbal Space Program category of early access titles that see almost too much support. It's hard for me to come back to a game like that for new features.

zonezeus

I thought it was new devices that were locked from trade for 15 days (non-new devices can still trade fine though) while adding new funds was 7 days locked out the marketplace (my lock lifted again today...of course when I go to sell something it remembers I'm locked out).

Apparently new accounts have some restrictions too, I already tried to give some of my cards to GAFers but couldn't trade with them because of the 15-day lock. And according to Steam client I can't use the market either, at least till 20th of June (thanks Steam!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom