• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

does this mean you can enter multiple times, but only copy/paste one code per PM? Or you can only pick one game from the list for each raffle?

I believe that you can only enter once. There is an option they can select that makes it a free for all and allows people to enter for multiple games, in which case you would send multiple PMs. But that raffle doesn't appear to have selected that option.

gngf123

I believe that you can only enter once. There is an option they can select that makes it a free for all and allows people to enter for multiple games, in which case you would send multiple PMs. But that raffle doesn't appear to have selected that option.

I believe with that option you can PM multiple entries at once. Just put each entry on its own line.

Or not, I might be remembering wrong.

rtcn63

Just to be clear, with free-for-alls, separate PMs per entry. And you can only win one game per 15 minutes, so if there's one game in particular you want, best not to enter for the others.

Helmholtz

I'm so torn on this one. Thanks for the impressions
I think for its discounted price (was it $3?) it's definitely worth it. It's a solid game with some nice visuals, a good story, and a few interesting gameplay mechanics. Most of the game won't necessarily blow your mind or anything, but I think most people will find it pretty enjoyable. For $3 I definitely think it's worth checking out.

rtcn63

Why is that cricket game so expensive?

Cuz thug life brah

oYZgFmr.gif

Nymphae

Banned
All you people should already own Ikaruga damnit! The game came out at like 10 bucks, one of the best shooters ever.

But I still voted for it anyway, that's a crazy price.

Chariot

There is no campaign. After a very short tutorial, you are dumped onto a plot of land and you are off. There are 'grants' you can take out which basically can be equated to objectives (complete x, y, z and get some money), but you can basically do whatever you want.

Do you want to make a max security prison? works
Do you want to make a rehabilitation center? works
Do you want to make a workshop employing prison labor? works
Sounds amazing, I almost never play campaigns in game. I want to have my own story.

You said to wait, because it's early access. How much (I know that vague question is not easy to answer) content is in this game?

Blue-kun

Go Ikuraga, and I'm hoping eXceed 3rd goes on sale too at some point. What are the other good shmups on Steam, especially if they're on sale? I have Sine Mora already.

Crimzon Clover's probably my favourite one avaible. Bit more expensive than eXceed games, but boy is it worth it. That game's Yotsubane's love letter to all shmup fans, really, and everyone who loves the genre should give it a try sooner or later :p

Arthea

talking about spring summer cleaning, still have this one left

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gun Monkeys -- MB-A1F47044B79CAE30 - Taken by Garcia

_hekk05

Banned
Got banner saga for 6.59 (3 tf2 keys). Such a steal.

Got 10 sale bucks left. Would really like ikaruga and maybe prison sim to go on sale again. Unless steam surprises me with sudden broforce 50% off or something

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ah, the store page button on the community pages is back. Thanks Valve.

Cool. For a second I thought I was going to have to fix that. :)

_hekk05

Banned
Red's gonna run away for the rest of the sale. Those extra cards they're getting everyday just fuel the badge crafting more.

Lexxon

Red's gonna run away for the rest of the sale. Those extra cards they're getting everyday just fuel the badge crafting more.

I'm thinking red has a huge chunk of people that didn't get assigned a team until later in the day on the first day. I signed in mid-afternoon (or was it in the evening?) on the first day and got assigned to a badly losing red team. My buddy in the same room, same thing.

On my (admittedly small) friends list, I have 5 friends on red, 2 on blue, one on purple.

swx

for anybody who missed it :>

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-6DE7AF0553DE6A7A

t1403788695z1.png

MarionCB

Crimzon Clover's probably my favourite one avaible. Bit more expensive than eXceed games, but boy is it worth it. That game's Yotsubane's love letter to all shmup fans, really, and everyone who loves the genre should give it a try sooner or later :p

Looks great, thank you! Now on my wishlist for the last day of the sale.

Sounds amazing, I almost never play campaigns in game. I want to have my own story.

You said to wait, because it's early access. How much (I know that vague question is not easy to answer) content is in this game?

I played for 12 hours or so over the weekend and managed to get a small, low security prison with an infirmary, some rehabilitation programs, and other basics going.

Didn't get to any of the med / max security stuff, inmate industry, expansion to multiple plots of land or any of the more complicated things. My prison is fairly stable though so I could easily expand into whatever direction I wish once I feel comfortable cash and security wise.

At the moment I feel like the game excels if you have a particular "story" or prison type in mind but if you just try and wing it it isn't nearly as good (though the grants / goal system does a lot to help give direction).

I could go for some typing of the dead.

Mornin' y'all

To prepare for a typing test I had to take, I bought Typing of the Dead. My test results? I'm certified at 64WPM (might be low compared to some of you guys, but I was aiming to get 50).

And I hope Ikaruga wins. Dark Souls just had a daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom