• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurrry

Ugh I wanted KOF but... idk.. 10 bucks?

Ill probably buy it and never learn enough and just get whooped online.

Decisions...

user237

Red's gonna run away for the rest of the sale. Those extra cards they're getting everyday just fuel the badge crafting more.

It's like the reverse of the classic rubber-band AI in racing games.

Here the winning team starts with more cards from winning the previous day, and also has more incentive to craft since they want to win the 3 games.

wilflare

how many people actually adjust Gamma settings to what's recommended?
I tried it for Gunslinger and the black crush is T_T and the game is overtly red

Anteater

how many people actually adjust Gamma settings to what's recommended?
I tried it for Gunslinger and the black crush is T_T and the game is overtly red

I do it for most games other than gunslinger, yeah it fucked up gunslinger's contrast and I couldn't see shit

Spinluck

Most random question ever? Answer: Yes

Well, it was because I was trying to buy stuff off of Bundle Stars, and you can't use your card on the site. Google Wallet and Paypal are the only options, and it made me realize I no longer use pp.

EDIT: nvm, you can play with a card, that option did not load for me the first time o__O

so, setting PhysX to High on Batman: Arkham Origins is just a really neat way to half your framerate, huh? Sucks because those effects actually look pretty decent but oh boy do they just eat frames like they're a fresh bag of doritos.

Acccent

I haven't been following the sales too much lately (lately = the past 24 hours or so) but I just wanna say this one thing:

fuck the reds

Shantom

aren't the wishlist rewards limited to usa only though ?

Of course not.

From the FAQ: 'Eligibility: Entry open to any user holding a Steam account in good standing, with a Wishlist containing at least three (3) single game titles that are currently available for purchase during the Sweepstakes.'

Lexxon

so, setting PhysX to High on Batman: Arkham Origins is just a really neat way to half your framerate, huh? Sucks because those effects actually look pretty decent but oh boy do they just eat frames like they're a fresh bag of doritos.

I do wonder if it's designed for a dedicated PhysX card. I have a 460 in my sister's never-used computer I could dedicate, but since upgrading to a 680 last year I haven't had the need.

Here are some spares i had laying around. I know, nothing fantastic.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Frozen Synapse -- MB-01FF4E0BF9DD3C9B - Taken by Garcia. 5 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-3F4E27FA3FAAD933 - Taken by Kid Ska. 9 entrants total.
Amnesia Fortnight 2012 -- MB-245D8E04A75A58F7 - Taken by Seraphis Cain. 2 entrants total.

t1403789493z1.png

It's like the reverse of the classic rubber-band AI in racing games.

Here the winning team starts with more cards from winning the previous day, and also has more incentive to craft since they want to win the 3 games.
Call of Duty then. Higher level players get like airstrikes, dog squads and all kinds of other toys to torment lower level players with.

Hasn't done much to help card prices though. This marketplace restriction is costing me monies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I see someone cut the thread over while I was in bed, so ModBot was not yet pointing to the new thread. :/ As a result, any NOLURKERS rules during this period of time would have drawn for |OT2| and |OT1|, and edits would have had a lower chance of success. Anyway, fixed now.

DogMeat77

The Ship is a dollar, I don't even know if it is worth, but it's a fucking dollar so.....

What is this game about

The Ship is actually pretty fun with a group of friends.

It is kind of where Assassins Creed got their multiplayer.

A bunch of players a placed on a horribly designed ship, everyone is given a target to kill. So you are looking to kill your target while someone is simultaneously trying to kill you... and you don't know who it is.

tmarques

If you don't vote for Ikaruga you're going to get banned, yes YOU.

I kind of want it, but it looks like one of those games where if you're not placed over the correct pixel at all times you'll die. And I never complete the first level on those. How bad is Ikaruga in that regard?

Sounds amazing, I almost never play campaigns in game. I want to have my own story.

You said to wait, because it's early access. How much (I know that vague question is not easy to answer) content is in this game?

Ah, not really sure how to answer that. I've put about 10 hours in. The reason I don't usually do Early Access games is because I don't want to get burned out and play that much before the finished product.

That being said, it seems its more in a state of adding new features and bugfixing instead of plugging holes.

I'm not really sure how much that helps, I havn't really followed much of the development.

Hugstable

Banned
Good morning SteamGAF! Time for another great day of sales. Hopefully everyone voted for Ikaruga. Todays dailies better be good, we are winding down to the recap days soon :(

Trago

I finally bought Dark Souls, for 5 bucks.

This game is impossible, but I'll get better.

Also bought The Witcher 1 and 2 in preparation for 3.

Seriously, Dark Souls is hard lol.

gngf123

I see someone cut the thread over while I was in bed, so ModBot was not yet pointing to the new thread. :/ As a result, any NOLURKERS rules during this period of time would have drawn for |OT2| and |OT1|, and edits would have had a lower chance of success. Anyway, fixed now.

I see, that explains why I got rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom