• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a decent single player mode for Battlefront 2? Seems kinda shitty for them to be selling it with out functional MP.

Yes, there is, along with a great mod that adds a whole bunch of new single-player content.

But I just started BF2 and I can still see everyone's servers. So I'm not sure what's up with that.

Spinluck

Murder mystery on a ship. Mini Agatha Christie first person murder sim.

Already sounds interesting, I read some of what it was, but couldn't really picture how it would play.

The Ship is actually pretty fun with a group of friends.

It is kind of where Assassins Creed got their multiplayer.

A bunch of players a placed on a horribly designed ship, everyone is given a target to kill. So you are looking to kill your target while someone is simultaneously trying to kill you... and you don't know who it is.

It's a shame most of my friends are on console. All I have is me and my brothers.

I'm still buying though.

Shadownet

Banned
So on Steam whenever you buy a bundle. Is there an option to split a game off from that bundle and gift it to someone else? I wanna buy the GTA complete edition but I only want San Andreas. Want to raffle off the rest.

Drame

None of the Resident Evil games have gone on sale yet, right?

Revelations and RE6 have been on my wish list for too long.

I kind of want it, but it looks like one of those games where if you're not placed over the correct pixel at all times you'll die. And I never complete the first level on those. How bad is Ikaruga in that regard?

There's a demo. I didn't make it through the first level after a few attempts, but I'm bad at these kinds of games. Still love them for some weird reason.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
This game is similar to Mount & Blade but it has heavier RTS elements. It is really promising so far although it's still in very early alpha. Hope you enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Kenshi -- MB-7F042AB019A47A4F - Taken by arts&crafts. 16 entrants total.

t1403790190z1.png

garath

Bought Age of Wonders III, it's the only game over $10 I've jumped on.

Really a lackluster sale for me. I've had more fun with the badges and meta game. It's got me idling for cards again. I haven't spent a dime. Just selling my spare cards and crafting cheap badges.

Lumine

Is there any reason to wait for a daily sale on Might & Magic X or should I just go ahead and buy it off the macstore? It comes with a Steam key, right? It's kind of the one game I actually want to buy this sale.

Sky Chief

To Buy:
Witcher 3 (GOG)

I don't normally buy games on release, but the guys at CDProjekt RED are just awesome. Not only do I get 27% off for owning both Witcher games but they will also give me back $12 in vouchers as part of their Fair Price Package.

I really want to support these guys because they are one of the few developers that truly seem to care about the gaming community.

Wait, how does this work?

so, setting PhysX to High on Batman: Arkham Origins is just a really neat way to half your framerate, huh? Sucks because those effects actually look pretty decent but oh boy do they just eat frames like they're a fresh bag of doritos.
Isn't the Arkham games that use PhysX mainly optimized for sli builds or am I mistaken. I remember I turned that off during my playthrough of City once I got to the point where a lot of enemies chugged the framerate.

nbthedude

I finally bought Dark Souls, for 5 bucks.

This game is impossible, but I'll get better.

Also bought The Witcher 1 and 2 in preparation for 3.

Seriously, Dark Souls is har. lol.

Few beginner this:

-always walk around with your shield held up
-wait for enemies to attack, block (or roll) and counted
-go up the hill to the left of the bondfire in Fire link to Undeadburg. All other directions lead to areas too hard right now
-pay attention to your stamina bar; you cant block, roll or attack when it is drained
-upgrade endurance a lot at first; it makes your stamina bar bigger and increases your weight load
-using humanity to turn human at bondfires and then kindling them doubles the health potions you get from that bonfire every time you return to it. Kindle as many bondfires as you can.

Altazor

FOR FUCK'S SAKE. I don't know WTF happened.

It's morning over here. Went to Steam homepage and realized I was somehow logged out (!) even though I DIDN'T LOG OUT YESTERDAY. I logged in, no problem. Voted in the new Community Vote, got a card. Tried to sell the card, Steam tells me "cookies may not be enabled in your browser, reload and try again or log out and log back in". I reload and the same shit happens, so I decided to log out.

When I try to log in, Steam tells me I'm trying to log in "from a new location" (despite the fact that I've been using this PC since for-fucking-ever), go I get the verifying code mail, I input the damn code, I'm logged in AND NOW I CAN'T USE THE MARKEY UNTIL JULY 3RD BECAUSE I'M USING STEAM "FROM A NEW LOCATION".

This is fucking frustrating.

Lomax

It's like the reverse of the classic rubber-band AI in racing games.

Here the winning team starts with more cards from winning the previous day, and also has more incentive to craft since they want to win the 3 games.

While there's logic to this, one card just isn't going to make that much difference. If another team is going to compete, they need to fight early and sustain it for a while instead of giving up after an hour like everyone did yesterday.

Honestly, I'm kinda wondering if the second place team right now actually has better odds to win, since clearly many fewer people have entered.

Seriously, Dark Souls is hard lol.
Stop playing Dark Souls and beat the Witcher 2 first or you will never feel satisfied with the combat.

user237

Steam tells me I'm trying to log in "from a new location" (despite the fact that I've been using this PC since for-fucking-ever), go I get the verifying code mail, I input the damn code, I'm logged in AND NOW I CAN'T USE THE MARKEY UNTIL JULY 3RD BECAUSE I'M USING STEAM "FROM A NEW LOCATION".

The same thing happened to me, and I suspect it has something to do with using two different web browser to access Steam at the same time.

I also was irritated but honestly it probably saved me from wasting a lot of time hunting down cards on the trade forums.

Strangely enough I can still sell cards for money.

Seriously, Dark Souls is hard lol.

Witcher is awesome, hopefully you enjoy that. You'll get there in Dark Souls... just takes some patience and time :).

kswiston

Good work my fellow reds.

I think that Valve will step in today though if Red pulls ahead again. No way the "everyone gets a turn" winner results from the first 5 days weren't rigged, and people will whine something fierce if there is a three-peat.

tmarques

FOR FUCK'S SAKE. I don't know WTF happened.

It's morning over here. Went to Steam homepage and realized I was somehow logged out (!) even though I DIDN'T LOG OUT YESTERDAY. I logged in, no problem. Voted in the new Community Vote, got a card. Tried to sell the card, Steam tells me "cookies may not be enabled in your browser, reload and try again or log out and log back in". I reload and the same shit happens, so I decided to log out.

When I try to log in, Steam tells me I'm trying to log in "from a new location" (despite the fact that I've been using this PC since for-fucking-ever), go I get the verifying code mail, I input the damn code, I'm logged in AND NOW I CAN'T USE THE MARKEY UNTIL JULY 3RD BECAUSE I'M USING STEAM "FROM A NEW LOCATION".

This is fucking frustrating.

Same thing happened to me when I tried to use the market through the browser (yes, I had been using it forever, including the previous day) but the client is still fine.

Amzin

Another day, another thread! Hope Ikaruga wins, even though I doubt I'll get very far in it :p Also hope Broforce sale makes the rotation soon. Could use some awesome explodey action murdering.

Chariot

I played for 12 hours or so over the weekend and managed to get a small, low security prison with an infirmary, some rehabilitation programs, and other basics going.

Didn't get to any of the med / max security stuff, inmate industry, expansion to multiple plots of land or any of the more complicated things. My prison is fairly stable though so I could easily expand into whatever direction I wish once I feel comfortable cash and security wise.

At the moment I feel like the game excels if you have a particular "story" or prison type in mind but if you just try and wing it it isn't nearly as good (though the grants / goal system does a lot to help give direction).

Ah, not really sure how to answer that. I've put about 10 hours in. The reason I don't usually do Early Access games is because I don't want to get burned out and play that much before the finished product.

That being said, it seems its more in a state of adding new features and bugfixing instead of plugging holes.

I'm not really sure how much that helps, I havn't really followed much of the development.
Thanks, you two, that helped greatly. I will look to aquire a copy of the game. It sounds fun and entertaining enough, even as a not finished build.

Thank you for Frozen Synapse, Baron! Been wanting to check it out since the sale started. Much appreciated. :)

Very fun game. You can pull off some really crazy stuff with the right planning. Some of the best moments though are where you think you have it in the bag and the AI does something unexpected and gets the upper hand.

Altazor

The same thing happened to me, and I suspect it has something to do with using two different web browser to access Steam at the same time.

That's the thing... I'm not. I have Steam on my phone and my tablet but I was logged out of both (and haven't used them in quite a while) so I was only accessing Steam through Chrome (and the desktop client that's always running)

kurahador

Good job Valve.

They don't like ppl rigged the meta to make sure every team win twice, now they changed it so that only 1 team will for the rest of the sale.

Seriously...good fucking job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom