• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarionCB

First time trying this, but Dice is right, SteamGAF is the best Steam community, so I'm just feeling it out with this game.
ModBot said:
Instructions for MarionCB:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sang-Froid -- MB-E13CD19AB834A127 - Taken by _hekk05. 5 entrants total.

t1403791693z1.png

Forkball

Crafted the KoF XIII badge to help glorious red team. The game is a lot of fun, though the roster is a bit small. Online is very stable and I can easily find a match. However, online has a weird bug where I get dominated in every match. I hope SNK patches this.

The same thing happened to me. I played so many hours of KSP before the 0.20 update but now I'm just waiting for the final release.

Bingo. Same for me.

Early access titles really can't win even in the best case scenarios like PA and KSP. They're for supporting the developers and providing feedback, but almost always kill my interest in the game before it sees actual release. That's what happened for me with Starbound too.

zonezeus

I finally broke down and bought Realm Reborn to play with a friend. Please Steam, I don't have any more money, just leave me alone...

The_Monk

For those of you who've bought and played it. How is Banished? Worth € 7?

I don't have the game but someone mentioned that it was the Dark Souls of city buildings as in, bringing a balance might be harsh because when you improve something there always another thing lacking so beware of that. Aside of that, most of impressions seems to be positive regarding Steam-GAFfers's opinions. Some mentioned that the game can become a bit limited or dull after your learn everything but until then I believe it can provide many hours.

7€ is not good enough for me to jump on it, the backlog is strong enough and Banished seems to be a time sink, in a good day so I'll hold. I know it's not much info, hope someone can give you a more detailed opinion.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So I suppose as per the OP I should wait until the final day in case some of the games I'd like are dailies or flash sales. Still tempting though.
Yes, you should. Nothing worse than buying a game only for it to become a daily deal/flash sale/community choice a few hours later.

For you, that is. For us it's a good reason to point at you and laugh. You don't wanna be that person, trust me.

Vlad

Is Ikaruga that good?

I absolutely love it, myself, and I'm not a huge shooter fan. I normally hate bullet-hell type shooters, but the color switching mechanic in Ikaruga makes it almost more of a puzzler. You have to quickly assess the situation and figure out the best way to navigate through the field of bullets and the best time to switch colors.

Lomax

I just love how I get 2/3 of the way through downloading my game and suddenly my connection just drops to virtually no speed at all. Every single time. Stupid Comcast, they may have suspended the bandwidth caps but they are so clearly manipulating it anyway.

dorxan

Neo Member
Just giving away some HiB leftovers.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guacamelee Gold Edition -- MB-CB3A91B365994E0C - Taken by Uni on Everything!. 5 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-27780798933849F9 - Taken by Morro!. 3 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-70EE31E4B3473ECD - Taken by Dice. 6 entrants total.

t1403792448z1.png

Spinluck

Damn, just bought a game I didn't realize I already had.

Put the code in, and it went straight into my Steam inventory. Would've liked to do another giveaway :(

Chariot

Still better than the constant "LOL Valve rigged it" posts.
What do you mean "constant". As far as I see it, it were maybe 3-4 people and I'm pretty sure I am the on that wrote the most posts in this direction. There were honestly more pictures of Natalie Dormer eating an apple than people claiming that the game is rigged.

Arthea

Only if you're from
Europe
and purchasing
Indiegala
bundles.
kindly tell me more! I never used google wallet, what are benefits over pp?

For those of you who've bought and played it. How is Banished? Worth € 7?

It's very well made game, and plays nicely, no forced tutorials too, only it feels somewhat slow, you can run time faster, but progression is more or less realistic, you don't build metropolis in couple of years, you work on that for decades. It's worth your money, if you like building cities, but it's somewhat more realistic than usually city builders are. I mean at the start it's more about survival than simply building.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Reposting:

WzrvvIW.jpg
I'm missing that beautifull piece of Sam & Max - Season One art in this banner. :(

I love give-away's like this, really looking forward to steamGAF's
and in this case Milamber's
creative works. Might try writing something. Great stuff, dude. :)

Danielsan

I don't have the game but someone mentioned that it was the Dark Souls of city buildings as in, bringing a balance might be harsh because when you improve something there always another thing lacking so beware of that. Aside of that, most of impressions seems to be positive regarding Steam-GAFfers's opinions. Some mentioned that the game can become a bit limited or dull after your learn everything but until then I believe it can provide many hours.

7€ is not good enough for me to jump on it, the backlog is strong enough and Banished seems to be a time sink, in a good day so I'll hold. I know it's not much info, hope someone can give you a more detailed opinion.
Thanks for your detailed 2 cents The Monk. I think I’m going to follow your example and wait. I just added a ton of games to the backlog and I doubt I would get to Banished any time soon. It will probably pop up during the winter sale, which would a good time to reevaluate

Lomax

Damn, just bought a game I didn't realize I already had.

Put the code in, and it went straight into my Steam inventory. Would've liked to do another giveaway :(

You put in a key and got an inventory copy? That's extremely unusual. Mind telling what game it was?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Splinter Cell Blacklist is tempting, but I've only got 11 bucks to play with for the rest of the sale

Probably going to hold off

What do you mean "constant". As far as I see it, it were maybe 3-4 people and I'm pretty sure I am the on that wrote the most posts in this direction. There were honestly more pictures of Natalie Dormer eating an apple than people claiming that the game is rigged.

Fair enough. Let me add the "Reddit ruined it" posts in there and just say I'm happier this way.

But for a while, like on day 3 and 4, I swear that was the majority complaint.

Pupo

I absolutely love it, myself, and I'm not a huge shooter fan. I normally hate bullet-hell type shooters, but the color switching mechanic in Ikaruga makes it almost more of a puzzler. You have to quickly assess the situation and figure out the best way to navigate through the field of bullets and the best time to switch colors.

Ok, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom