• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Damn, just bought a game I didn't realize I already had.

Put the code in, and it went straight into my Steam inventory. Would've liked to do another giveaway :(
If it's in your inventory, you can do another giveaway.
Fair enough. Let me add the "Reddit ruined it" posts in there and just say I'm happier this way.

But for a while, like on day 3 and 4, I swear that was the majority complaint.
I didn't share your feeling, but then again, I was one of the complainers, so my view of things was probably different :D
Anyway, it's really sad how the event went overall.

Bingo. Same for me.

Early access titles really can't win even in the best case scenarios like PA and KSP. They're for supporting the developers and providing feedback, but almost always kill my interest in the game before it sees actual release. That's what happened for me with Starbound too.

Oh, Starbound :/ I just played it for like 1 hour and then I decided to uninstall it and forget it. My intention was to "save" the hype I had for the game then, now I don't have any intention to play it. 15 bucks down the toilet :(

Yakkue

So on Steam whenever you buy a bundle. Is there an option to split a game off from that bundle and gift it to someone else? I wanna buy the GTA complete edition but I only want San Andreas. Want to raffle off the rest.

Sadly, that's not possible. I think you can do that with some of the Valve bundles, but not with others (to my knowledge).

The_Monk

Thanks for your detailed 2 cents The Monk. I think I’m going to follow your example and wait. I just added a ton of games to the backlog and I doubt I would get to Banished any time soon. It will probably pop up during the winter sale, which would a good time to reevaluate

You are welcome. I agree, Winter sale seems to be a safe bet to check Banished.

Is Remember Me worth picking up? I've been tempted for a while, I know it looks nice, but don't know about any other part of it.

It looks okay and it's probably worth the money but I feel like we're one sale away from it being 5 bucks on Steam or Amazon.

I'd wait if you're not gonna play it right away.

What do you mean "constant". As far as I see it, it were maybe 3-4 people and I'm pretty sure I am the on that wrote the most posts in this direction. There were honestly more pictures of Natalie Dormer eating an apple than people claiming that the game is rigged.

more Dormer is never a bad thing
although things took a turn last night...
, but there are STILL people who thing Valve rigged the first week. Literally on this page some posted it.

Now it's more "lolno way the first week wasn't rigged". My head hurts.

Beelzebubs

Well, I'm feeling incredibly silly and sheepish right now...it turns out I already had a copy of To The Moon, and I didn't even know it! (That'll teach me to always double check my games list.) My apologies to everyone else who entered that lightning raffle.

I'm going to make up for it by doing another raffle for To The Moon so people can enter again, and also adding in a copy of Brothers too as apologies:

Heard some great things about this game, excited to try it when I get a bit of spare time next week. Thanks very much and enjoy the rest of the sale.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
doesn't seem to be working out how Valve intended it since it seems less points are being earned

Your argument is that Valve is greedy, so to make more money, they changed the rules so they'd make less money.

it still makes no sense to me why they felt the need to intervene, the only real explanation is pure greed on Valve's part because they thought it was somehow artificially deflating the # of points people were earning daily

They felt the need to intervene so the people who aren't on the winning team still felt like they were getting something out of it. They added prizes for 2nd and 3rd. That's the only thing they changed. Which means if you're the kind of person who pays close attention but gets dispirited when you aren't winning, now you still have an incentive to play.

1st place: no difference
2nd and 3rd place: added chance of winning prizes
4th and 5th place: no difference, except it's likely you'll still be competitive for 2nd and 3rd.

Do not pass up on LYNE if you are a fan of simple, relaxing puzzle games. 75c on the Steam page or $1 on Indiegala with a few other games. Achievements, cards, and daily puzzle challenges. TONS of levels. Don't miss it.

masterkajo

It was just The Ship: Complete Pack.

When you activate the Ship you get two copies in your inventory to give away to friends. This is because the game is mostly multiplayer only. So you can still give the copies away via modbot. Look in the OP for instructions.

EDIT: Choose to send it to yourself (email) and give away the email link with modbot. Detailed instructions in the OP.

Giveaway time! Hope you guys enjoy:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-B0064EC036DFBDF8 - Taken by Locke Lamora. 3 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tale -- MB-0417AC90528ABC91 - Taken by Derp. 2 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-7F73E658FC84118D - Taken by FlashFlooder. 7 entrants total.
AntiChamber -- MB-19C838B3A2297121 - Taken by Corum. 7 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-08D421F0297FC63C - Taken by tav7623. 4 entrants total.
Fez -- MB-08B171D76B4F86D9 - Taken by SZGF. 2 entrants total.

t1403792947z1.png

rrs

Do not pass up on LYNE if you are a fan of simple, relaxing puzzle games. 75c on the Steam page or $1 on Indiegala with a few other games. Achievements, cards, and daily puzzle challenges. TONS of levels. Don't miss it.

Burned up some steam card money on this, looks cool

Sande

Are they seriously not going to give a single percent off of Stalker? That was the one game I wanted out of this sale. I might have to settle for Clear Sky 50% off.

Lomax

Guys...is there a way to craft tf2 items without having to open the game?
I already uninstalled it.

Nope, nor is there any way to get the free promo items from other games without running it. I must have installed and removed tf2 a dozen times at this point.

Chariot

It was just The Ship: Complete Pack.
From The Ship Shop Page:
Two Free Activations with Purchase
Purchase The Ship and receive two extra activations to send to your friends! Additionally, any user that receives a gift activation will be able to give one additional activation to a friend.
Could it be that?

more Dormer is never a bad thing
although things took a turn last night...
, but there are STILL people who thing Valve rigged the first week. Literally on this page some posted it.

Now it's more "lolno way the first week wasn't rigged". My head hurts.
Haha. I still see that as a possiblity at least, but of course I am not passionable defender of that theory. I am make my diagramms and watch how that stuff develops.
My only options are to email or send through Steam though.

Sorry, Steam newb here.
Mail it to your self and read this post.

So many games idk about on that list, nice.

Yeah, I know. It's not really hyped games or even heard of ones.
It's a cheap bundle. Since Steam Gaf is so generous it felt wrong not giving back.
Have to decide between one known game or multiple unknown ones. Felt like the better choice to make multiple people a bit happy instead one lot.
Once my life gets sorted I hope I can get up to snuff, but now this is the best :/ Sorry

I didn't share your feeling, but then again, I was one of the complainers, so my view of things was probably different :D
Anyway, it's really sad how the event went overall.

As much as I want the achievement/scavenger hunt events of the past, as has been pointed out, it would be ruined by SAM abusers. Valve's team-lottery event is just another cleverly disguised profit machine, but I don't think it was that terrible. Maybe just poorly executed. Underwhelming overall, despite the hype that I too bought into in the beginning.

Oh, Starbound :/ I just played it for like 1 hour and then I decided to uninstall it and forget it. My intention was to "save" the hype I had for the game then, now I don't have any intention to play it. 15 bucks down the toilet :(

Overall a disappointment, but I'm just hoping that it will be a different, bigger game when I come back to it on release. Bored me to tears compared to Terraria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom