• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
Thanks for Antichamber. Anybody got some acid/shrooms?

image.php

Spinluck

Oh, The Ship gives free copies when you add it to your account, that's what happened. You didn't actually have it already :)

When you activate the Ship you get two copies in your inventory to give away to friends. This is because the game is mostly multiplayer only. So you can still give the copies away via modbot. Look in the OP for instructions.

EDIT: Choose to send it to yourself (email) and give away the email link with modbot. Detailed instructions in the OP.

Wow lol, thanks guys.

Tripolygon

Banned
Yeah, I know. It's not really hyped games or even heard of ones.
It's a cheap bundle. Since Steam Gaf is so generous it felt wrong not giving back.
Have to decide between one known game or multiple unknown ones. Felt like the better choice to make multiple people a bit happy instead one lot.
Once my life gets sorted I hope I can get up to snuff, but now this is the best :/ Sorry
Oh no i;m not saying that as a bad thing. If there is one thing i know from steam sales it is that i haven't played enough games.

rtcn63

I've noticed lately that there have been a lot of copies of Dead Space being given away, now that I think about it, why are a lot of people giving it away?

It was in an EA humble bundle from awhile back. Came with both Steam and Origin versions, people kept the Steam one.

As to why no one wants it, well the humble bundle, and because it was featured as one of Origin's free games not too long ago.

Garcia

Thanks for Antichamber. Anybody got some acid/shrooms?

A tip I can give you for Antichamber: Try not to hurry, be patient and give the game some breaths in between sessions. It is one of the most complex and rewarding puzzle games I've played in years.

Chariot

As much as I want the achievement/scavenger hunt events of the past, as has been pointed out, it would be ruined by SAM abusers. Valve's team-lottery event is just another cleverly disguised profit machine, but I don't think it was that terrible. Maybe just poorly executed. Underwhelming overall, despite the hype that I too bought into in the beginning.
This is certainly true.
But I always thought that teamchange tokens and not shuffling teams daily destroyed it. Of course it could even then be weak against reddits manipulation, but Valve fixed that problem with giving the first three places rewards.
Well, hindsight.

fenners

Do not pass up on LYNE if you are a fan of simple, relaxing puzzle games. 75c on the Steam page or $1 on Indiegala with a few other games. Achievements, cards, and daily puzzle challenges. TONS of levels. Don't miss it.

Just bought on indiegala. Thanks for the recommendation, right up my street.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
wait. It'll be $5 before the year is over.

Speaking of Capcom games: Bionic Commando 2009 isn't a good game, right?

That was the big 3d game, not the side scrolling remake of the original right? I couldn't stand it. It had some really good ideas but there were things that drove me absolutely crazy. Specifically, it seemed like a giant open world where you could swing around but you hit poison gas if you went ten feet in the wrong direction from where the level wanted you to go. Invisible walls are bad enough in a game when you're running around but it ruined the experience completely in this game for me.

_hekk05

Banned
this is not good
but for some reason. I'm tied to a US payment method and a US Store
not gonna change back

The only reason it's remaining a US store is because it hasn't been implemented yet. There are already some games beginning to be region locked to South East Asia. Most recently watch dogs.

Mark my words we're gonna be paying 80 sgd (5 extra bucks with current exchange rate) + 7% gst for day one 60 USD games soon. We're also going to be paying even more premiums for sgd steam wallet cards than we are now

Hugstable

Banned
Random fact, you are more likely to be bitten by Suarez (1 in 20,000) than you are a shark (1 in 3,700,000).

LOL. So do those 9 World Cup matches also count against him trying to play in 2018?

Edit: Almost forgot I was in the Steam thread for a second there. I'm still surprised I haven't seen a huge Half Life franchise sale yet, unless I missed the usual one.

Beefwheat

Welp, this morning my budget ran out with a week to go. Good game, Steam Sale! Now, do I continue to keep an eye on the bargains and drive myself crazy, or do I do my best to ignore it? Is such a thing even possible?

Anteater

Remember Me is a fine game with a really good soundtrack.
Fighting is a bit repetitive, but setting and design are top notch.

I think is worth $10.

Some of my Steam screens:

saving the money for re6, speedrunners and double dragon so no remember me unfortunately, but man i really can't wait until i pick that up, i might've went for remember me if it's just a bit lower

RS4-

Can someone pick up that indiebundle for me, in return I'll buy them whatever they want of equal value on steam?

wilflare

The only reason it's remaining a US store is because it hasn't been implemented yet. There are already some games beginning to be region locked to South East Asia. Most recently watch dogs.

Mark my words we're gonna be paying 80 sgd (5 extra bucks with current exchange rate) + 7% gst for day one 60 USD games soon. We're also going to be paying even more premiums for sgd steam wallet cards than we are now

as in... I can't purchase from the SG store unless I contact them to change my billing address and everything ><

EDIT: they stuck with my address in the US (when I was there for a study trip)

tmarques

I think is worth $10.

I kind of want to buy it just to walk around future Paris. Can wait for the Winter sale, though.

rrs

I haven't spent a single sent of my own money on this sale, also thanks to a payment method I forgot to switch

wilflare

I think is worth $10.

gawd. that looks good!
hmm but I already have it free from PS+

but PC Master Race (graphics)

LA Noire complete edition was 7.50$ but when community vote of Sandbox gameswon (GTA ) and stuff, it became 5.74$. Do you think it will end within 4 hours when the community choce is over or it will last till last day?(because it is weirdf since the price is said to stay till 30 june but only becalme like that when sadnbox community choice won).

graywolf323

Things I didn't think I would read.

it's his third incident too

LOL. So do those 9 World Cup matches also count against him trying to play in 2018?

pretty sure that it includes friendlies so the ban would long be over before the next World Cup

on topic though

LA Noire complete edition was 7.50$ but when community vote of Sandbox gameswon (GTA ) and stuff, it became 5.74$. Do you think it will end within 4 hours when the community choce is over or it will last till last day?(because it is weirdf since the price is said to stay till 30 june but only becalme like that when sadnbox community choice won).

L.A. Noire isn't showing as being part of the community choice sale to me, still $7.50

_hekk05

Banned
as in... I can't purchase from the SG store unless I contact them to change my billing address and everything ><

EDIT: they stuck with my address in the US (when I was there for a study trip)

oo really? Does that mean you're using a US address with your SG credit card? I'm heading over to the US for a study trip in 2 months and I'm gonna try to change to the US store too

Dambrosi

Banned

Do not pass up on LYNE if you are a fan of simple, relaxing puzzle games. 75c on the Steam page or $1 on Indiegala with a few other games. Achievements, cards, and daily puzzle challenges. TONS of levels. Don't miss it.
I can testify to this. It's simplistic presentation belies a fiendishly complex puzzler that demands quite some creative thinking. In fact, I'd say that having an artistic background or education in the arts would be an advantage for this game, though you may do just as well with a mathematical leaning.

For chump change like this price, you can't really go wrong.

This is certainly true.
But I always thought that teamchange tokens and not shuffling teams daily destroyed it. Of course it could even then be weak against reddits manipulation, but Valve fixed that problem with giving the first three places rewards.
Well, hindsight.

I think the silver lining here is now they know what not to do. Next time they try something like this, we can all expect it to be handled better. Right? Right?

I think the tokens should have been more common, maybe. I didn't see any, but then again I didn't put a lot of money into the game.

Listen to this guy.
Just bought on indiegala. Thanks for the recommendation, right up my street.
I can testify to this. It's simplistic presentation belies a fiendishly complex puzzler that demands quite some creative thinking. In fact, I'd say that having an artistic background or education in the arts would be an advantage for this game, though you may do just as well with a mathematical leaning.

For chump change like this price, you can't really go wrong.
LYNE literally saved my marriage.

Levyne

Banned
I didn't really like Remember Me, but I didn't even care for the art which everyone else seems to love, so maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom