• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

So what is Remember Me exactly? Is it a third person action game where you can rotate the camera freely?

Gameplay loop is cutscene --> marvelling at the architecture --> auto-platforming where any climbable ledges are highlighted with an orange line --> mind-numbingly simple combat. Sprinkle with generic puzzles here and there, rinse and repeat.

Lomax

It's easy to understand why repeats win votes and continue to sell when you see people's "still most wanted" lists include games that were already dailies. I wonder if at some point Steam will increase the daily sales times to 72 hours.

ArjanN

My first Beat ’em up for a long time.

I can tell because you're calling it a beat 'em up instead of a fighting game. :p

Beat 'em up is usually used for stuff like Double Dragon, Final Fight, Castle Crashers type games.

Good pickup though.

Ibuki

Banned
I can't get the bundle because they don't support American Express. I really wanted to get System Shock 2. Oh well I guess I'll continue to wait for a daily.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Whoa, I almost woke up too late for the KOF flash deal. A few more minutes and my body would of said "fuck it" and sleep until the flash sale was over. :D

Now all I need is SFxT (ha!) and all the (worthy) Steam fighting games will be mine!

ifon52yK0UChS.gif

Gameplay loop is cutscene --> marvelling at the architecture --> auto-platforming where any climbable ledges are highlighted with an orange line --> mind-numbingly simple combat. Sprinkle with generic puzzles here and there, rinse and repeat.

we played different games

Remember Me combat > Dragon Age 2 combat

MarionCB

Wow, I didn't think System Shock 2 would have Trading Cards. Hey, does the game 10% tax that comes up when you buy a trading card go to the devs? That'd make the whole thing feel better.

BruteUA

I can't get the bundle because they don't support American Express. I really wanted to get System Shock 2. Oh well I guess I'll continue to wait for a daily.

Might be a stupid question, but you can't use the AmEx via PayPal or Google Wallet?

Since I won the Remember Me giveaway, I felt like giving something in return, first time I've done a giveaway, so I hope I didn't botch it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=118327469.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Banner Saga -- MB-D935C248036A7632 - Taken by fozzy. 63 entrants total.

t1403796637z1.png

Turfster

You can make anything sound like shit if you try hard enough =p
The memory remix sections are a brilliant idea, and while the platforming and combat might not be up to whatever standard you're comparing them to, they're still solid enough to carry the experience.

ouch double post. What happened to all the posters?

The big influx usually happens right around day switch time and lasts 4-5 hours.

Since I won the Remember Me giveaway, I felt like giving something in return, first time I've done a giveaway, so I hope I didn't botch it.

Nice giveaway, nice philosophy.

Here

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you did not vote for Ikaruga you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

System Shock 2 -- MB-2CB00AB12C794A2C - Taken by fenners. 14 entrants total.
Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-49CF582F30A82AE4 - Taken by MBison. 12 entrants total.

t1403796962z1.png

Because that bundle was too good to pass up but I already have SS2:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

System Shock 2 -- MB-09A7D52F72888337 - Taken by Jadax. 22 entrants total.

t1403806912z1.png

You can make anything sound like shit if you try hard enough =p
The memory remix sections are a brilliant idea, and while the platforming and combat might not be up to whatever standard you're comparing them to, they're still solid enough to carry the experience.

Loved the remix sections, really wish there were more of them in the game.

DS2 is likely going to be the next community choice.

This is false.

Don't believe his lies.

rtcn63

40gb Monthly Bandwidth, Is It Ok For gaming, viewing YouTube and downloading to?

There are games that are 20+ GB - Wolfenstein, Max Payne 3, MGS Revengeance, etc. It's becoming more of the norm for high-profile stuff. Wolfenstein alone is like 50GB.

GaussTek

Jesus, this thread moves waaaay to fast. Good times for PC gaming! :D

BTW, still waiting for the Ys games to go on sale. Missing Origin and Oath of Felghana.

MikeDown

Banned
So what is Remember Me exactly? Is it a third person action game where you can rotate the camera freely?
Pretty much, it is pretty linear and scripted, but I really enjoyed it. Combat/combo system is really, really fun and it makes the game play more interesting. Soundtrack is great! And you can rotate the camera, though sometimes there are limitations depending on the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom