• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm somewhat upset to see hotline miami not being owned yet. It's like you don't even like games, brah.

kidding, but seriously: get it.

edit: thanks for the answers. :)
The cards of Sniper Elite V2 are about 6 cents each, if you're looking for a cheap entree.

I wish they did the community votes more frequently. Would end some of the wrongdoings

I personally want the games that weren't chosen by the community end up as a regular flash sale. More popular games have shown up twice already while these niche games await that one chance to get a sales boost only for them not to be chosen. Unfair, in my opinion.

MBison

I personally want the games that weren't chosen by the community end up as a regular flash sale. More popular games have shown up twice already while these niche games await that one chance to get a sales boost only for them not to be chosen. Unfair, in my opinion.

This so much!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Ikaruga? Never heard of it.

bA00Pdd.jpg

Yeah, that's right. I did it.

I'll bleed you.

tumblr_lfvfsnNVVg1qcsj0co1_500.gif

Birathen

I found my game of this week. Spintires. That mudwrestling truckdriver shite is addictive :) Hope they stick some tanks in there. World of mudtanks.

Hugstable

Banned

I'm still salty that 1$ Half Minite Hero didn't win :(

Rudakus

Seconded

Zomba13

I voted for Ikaruga guys. Got it on the Gamecube and probably won't buy it again but I voted for it for the good of all mankind. You can thank me by showering me with free games and/or keys.

I say that, from next sale onwards, flash sales should only be four hours long. Yay or nay?

At 8 hours currently I get to sleep and not miss any, at 4 I will surely miss one flash sale each day else just manage on a few hours sleep during the sale. Six hours would be ok though.

The_Monk

I also voted Ikaruga but it's because some GAFfers want it. That game might not be a good idea for my eyes & brain due the lightning and strobe effects.

guys,quick for those who own both Blood Dragon and State of Decay, which one is more fun OVERALL? I played the demo for state of decay and really liked it, also beat far cry 3 and enjoyed that as well so its pretty hard to choose. So for those who own both, if you could only pick 1 which would it be?
please none of that why not both nonsense, if i had enough for both I wouldn't be asking this.

StAidan

Yeah, that's what's driving me crazy. My wishlist is filled with stuff that lost the community vote, while everything that wins is something I already own or am not interested in.

bakeray

I'll never forget the day I finally got my imported DC copy of Ikaruga.. the art, the music, just everything about the game is amazing..

Then proceeding to die continuously with my homies over and over the entire weekend until we beat it. so good

Lomax

I wish they did the community votes more frequently. Would end some of the wrongdoings

I say that, from next sale onwards, flash sales should only be four hours long. Yay or nay?

They could double stack the flash sales and have new ones every four hours but still have them last eight hours. Lasting any less than 8 hours makes them really easy to miss, which just causes even more problems.

I just hope by the winter sale they increase the overall number of games on sale substantially. Either that or make it really clear to the Publishers that most of their games won't get flash sales so they make the base sales better. I feel like a lot of games do the 50%/75% setup but never get chosen as flash sales, which means they never have a decent price. On the other side, we're seeing games that are at 66%/70% base sale price get 75% off dailies, which is a complete waste of a slot. At least we've seen a few flash sales in the 85-90% off range, which is really nice.

guys,quick for those who own both Blood Dragon and State of Decay, which one is more fun OVERALL? I played the demo for state of decay and really liked it, also beat far cry 3 and enjoyed that as well so its pretty hard to choose. So for those who own both, if you could only pick 1 which would it be?
please none of that why not both nonsense, if i had enough for both I wouldn't be asking this.

State of Decay because it's something different. Blood Dragon is just (lots) more FC3 combat. Try something new.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ModBot wasn't behind, someone used the THREADURL rule and put something that wasn't a thread ID or address in it and that caused a bunch of bugs since apparently I didn't have good filtering code for the input with that rule.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
OH GOD GAF

I JUST MADE A MISTAKE. I didn't see Ikaruga as one of the games for the community vote and chose for the other batch.... :(

Don't worry, it's going to be a landslide. I'm predicting 80%+ for the Dark Souls group. I'm halfway convinced that everybody who is voting for Ikaruga has posted about it in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom