• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I never heard of Transcripted before, but it's a pretty damn cool (but weird) combination between a twin-stick shooter and Luxor. A shame this isn't available through Steam anymore.
A suprisingly large amount of story in there as well. A bit too much, honestly. Not really interesting either, but the VO is decent, and it does bring some atmosphere into the experience.
But yeah, it's really enjoyable. So, thanks again, Aatofokus. :)

rrs

Some games left over from winter stuff
ModBot said:
Instructions for thecharrr:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shelter -- MB-E1EC0EDB8297A3EB - Taken by Junko. 3 entrants total.
Rise of the Triad remake -- MB-DE1D11B6A841FA05 - Taken by Jadax. 3 entrants total.
Dead Island: Epidemic (beta?) -- MB-952400ECC703EFCB

t1403798020z1.png

Deitus

They could double stack the flash sales and have new ones every four hours but still have them last eight hours. Lasting any less than 8 hours makes them really easy to miss, which just causes even more problems.

Rather than updating every 4 hours, it would be less confusing if they just had twice as many games in every flash sale. Keep the 4 vs. 4 community vote, but have 8 games in the flash sale. Up the dailies to 12 a day too while we're at it.

Trying to clear my backlog, I decided to play 15-30 mins of a few games that I haven't tried yet.

First was Guacamelee! I really enjoyed the setting and the art style. The game is oozing with charm. Unfortunately I really didn't enjoy the controls... I feel like this game is meant to me played with a controller.

Second was Strike Suit Zero. This game is really cool and I could see myself loving it... when I was younger. Unfortunately it gave me motion sickness pretty quickly so I had to turn it off. But yeah, very fun looking game.

Last was Trine 2. Wow, this game is absolutely gorgeous! Seriously impressive art direction on their part. The gameplay was okay. I don't love sidescrolling platformers. Honestly I wouldn't have played past the first 5 minutes if it wasn't for the beautiful graphics. But yeah, did I mention how awesome this game looks?

Shadownet

Banned
Some leftover games :) please enjoy them guys.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Shadownet:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nosferatu -- MB-652792A89BFFE9A1 - Taken by 898. 2 entrants total.
Marine Sharpshooter II:Jungle Warfare -- MB-A9F8CC7B1F69532D
Desert Thunder -- MB-A95622180A0203FB - Taken by Madridista. 5 entrants total.
Soulbringer -- MB-3D5E08C85A7807DA
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-F336120A655351E4 - Taken by smashdude50. 9 entrants total.
Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-A717661E45C316AB
Grimind -- MB-C828A2989EF65417
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-DDFF8026A5876B1F
Manhunter -- MB-1F31EFE846E2D5D4
Humanity Asset -- MB-2B24653CCC277E2D

t1403808704z1.png

Ibuki

Banned
It must be because Bundle Stars makes you pay in Gbp? I figured it wouldn't matter if going through Google Wallet. Oh well stupid American Express I've been waiting to play System Shock 2. :(

I have an hour to decide if I want Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 for $7 or not. It looks surprisingly detailed and serious, but also heavily reliant on knowing your way around the innards of a car (which I don't, I just race 'em on TV). Surprisingly few reviews, too. GAF: sell me or dissuade me!

Onionkid

How popular is KoFXIII? an hour left at $10...

I was playing earlier this morning and found matches pretty instantly. No clue how big the actual userbase is, but finding matches doesn't seem to be an issue. Could be an increase due to the sale and may dip down later, for all I know though.

Chariot

So the 40gig isn't any good....but the speed is 8mb so I think it's good
What's the use of speed if you're over the limit withina few hours or days? A big game nowadays already take 40 GB. And everything you do in the internet will eat away your limit faster than you can look.

Want a free BEST GAMES OF ALL TIME?

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for PetriP-TNT:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Wizardy 6 & 7 -- MB-F82E0B0B4FEE87BD - Taken by Ogedai_Khan
System Shock 2 -- MB-0F317FDB4FC14794 - Taken by iosefe

I am also giving copy of Harvester in the Harvester thread... if you can find it (in true point and click style)

Arthea

$4.99 is already a great deal for Ikargua or whatever it is you cheap bastadges.

there were lots of summer sales already, not mentioning two are active right now! Has it ever occurred to you that it can be not out of our choice?
being cheap bastards
That there is no other way left for us?

CassSept

First was Guacamelee! I really enjoyed the setting and the art style. The game is oozing with charm. Unfortunately I really didn't enjoy the controls... I feel like this game is meant to me played with a controller.

Oh absolutely, playing Guacamelee! with kb/m is a suicide, I think clearing some of the later parts with keyboard is a herculean task

Ikaruga? Never heard of it.

bA00Pdd.jpg

Yeah, that's right. I did it.

I did this too. I already own Ikaruga and want a good discount on the most recent Beat Hazard DLC.

I'm in this for me, not for all the stingy bastards who couldn't buy one of the greatest shmups ever for $10 or even $5. :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I bet he owned the fourth too and the new Valve limits just stopped ES from highlighting it!

Could be. Although I've got some "creative workarounds" I'm working on in the next version of Enhanced Steam. So far it's promising, and all told might even end up being faster than it was before.

I did this too. I already own Ikaruga and want a good discount on the most recent Beat Hazard DLC.

I'm in this for me, not for all the stingy bastards who couldn't buy one of the greatest shmups ever for $10 or even $5. :p

I bought the gamecube and XBLA versions when they came out, I can be cheap.

As a hope for forgiveness for not voting on Ikaragua.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead Island Epidemic Beta -- MB-791A2CF01BF84C75 - Taken by Rezae. 2 entrants total.
Counter-Strike Source Guest Pass -- MB-7332283591016062 - Taken by Majukun. 1 entrants total.

t1403799059z1.png

Here's another one, grab 'em people. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118263185&postcount=19136

Dambrosi

Banned
Bah, you're all weaklings. Needing sleep during a Steam Sale? Pfffft! You can sleep when you're dead! Now, the call of Mammon awaits!

Yeah, double-stacking the flash sales would be better

The_Monk

So far, I'm simply loving Valiant Hearts. Just one of my sorts of games and I can't wait to be able to give more impressions (without spoilers).

In the meantime I will try to upload each day one or two screenshots máx. from the game with a quote related to what you may see or feel when looking at the screenshot. :)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
$4.99 is already a great deal for Ikargua or whatever it is you cheap bastadges.

The cheaper it is, the more of them I can give away.

So far, I'm simply loving Valiant Hearts. Just one of my sorts of games and I can't wait to be able to give more impressions (without spoilers).

In the meantime I will try to upload each day one or two screenshots máx. from the game with a quote related to what you may see or feel when looking at the screenshot. :)

I look forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom