• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Hmm, I'm skipping Remember Me.

I bought The King of Fighters XIII, Call of Duty: World at War, Mark of the Ninja Special Edition DLC, and some Splinter Cell: Blacklist DLC instead.

I also have Vanguard Princess, Skullgirls, Mortal Kombat and Super Street Fighter IV. Which other fighters are on Steam besides Tekken X Street Fighter?

I bought The King of Fighters XIII, Call of Duty: World at War, Mark of the Ninja Special Edition DLC, and some Splinter Cell: Blacklist DLC instead.

I also have Vanguard Princess, Skullgirls, Mortal Kombat and Super Street Fighter IV. Which other fighters are on Steam besides Tekken X Street Fighter?
Isn't Remember Me highly regarded on here? For some reason I keep mixing up Remember Me and Gone Home so maybe I'm just crazy and thinking about Gone Home.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So the 40gig isn't any good....but the speed is 8mb so I think it's good

8Mb/s is pretty slow for most developed countries. I mean, if it's good for your area, then by all means, awesome. It varies wildly depending on the area you're in. But, like, my connection is not very fast and I have 15Mb/s. Akamai reports average US speed is around 9-10Mb/s right now, so your connection would be below average in the US. And 40GB is really really terrible transfer. An hour of Netflix a day would take up more than half your bandwidth. 1-2 new release games would take up all your monthly bandwidth.

Turfster

You did it wrong.

Isn't Remember Me highly regarded on here? For some reason I keep mixing up Remember Me and Gone Home so maybe I'm just crazy and thinking about Gone Home.

Most of us like Remember Me, yes.

should i grab the Rebirth and Shock Texture Upgrade mods before, or after my first play through of System Shock 2

No, no, no, stay away from that crap.

I keep seeing Ikaruga mentioned a lot and had no idea what that was so I checked it out on steam and immediately went back to the homepage after watching like 2 seconds of it. I actually laughed a bit when I saw it. Is everyone here just pulling my chain or do you guys actually want that to win?

nexen

ok, but If Ikaruga doesn't win I'm going to burn the building down.

I keep seeing Ikaruga mentioned a lot and had no idea what that was so I checked it out on steam and immediately went back to the homepage after watching like 2 seconds of it. I actually laughed a bit when I saw it. Is everyone here just pulling my chain or do you guys actually want that to win?

Your taste is highly suspect if this is true. Ikaruga is a masterpiece. Probably the most beautiful shmup ever made.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
$4.99 is already a great deal for Ikargua or whatever it is you cheap bastadges.

please... you are talking about the same cheap bastards who flooded Rayman Legends despite $24 already being an AMAZING value for that game.

If it's over $3 in a steam sale you'll always have a vocal group wanting it to come up on a later flash sale for cheaper... :\

there were lots of summer sales already, not mentioning two are active right now! Has it ever occurred to you that it can be not out of our choice?
being cheap bastards
That there is no other way left for us?

I have no idea what you're saying, but it sounds like poetry.

Something as... "we are bound to our fates... and our fate has led us to this... a decision point... riding on the winds of time"

The cheaper it is, the more of them I can give away.

That's the spirit! But I find the conflict between this statement and your avatar overwhelming.

The_Monk

I look forward to it.

Thanks KenOD already uploaded two. As soon I'm done with the game I'll be sure to post some impressions, in case I might finish before the sale I'll see if it's worth to put it in here since these threads always are crazy fast.

Jadax

It's a classic.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Injustice?

Deitus

I can't imagine two games more dissimilar than Remember Me and Gone Home (well, I guess they both have female protagonists).

I think Remember Me has it's fans here, but it's also treading some pretty familiar ground gameplay wise.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
it's not out of cheapness, it's out of time-cheapness. we all have backlogs. buying now when we're not going to get to play it before the next sale when it's cheaper makes no sense. if we only bought what we had time to play, 90% of the developers we're buying from would be out of business :p

louiedog

5NNRnm0.jpg

~3 hours to follow and retweet Smudged Cat to get The Adventures of Shuggy on Steam.

I have an hour to decide if I want Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 for $7 or not. It looks surprisingly detailed and serious, but also heavily reliant on knowing your way around the innards of a car (which I don't, I just race 'em on TV). Surprisingly few reviews, too. GAF: sell me or dissuade me!

There's a demo you can try if you're quick. I don't know where the fuel filter is so I'm stuck :(

Shadownet

Banned
Don't say I don't love you SteamGAF :) Cause I do. If you wanna add me on Steam then please do. I can always use more friends on there. ShadownetX.

Enjoy the games guys and good luck! (I love to hear who get which game, thanks on here or PM would be very much appreciated!)

ModBot said:
Shadownet:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

UFO: Aftermath -- MB-EA513518D51F1440 - Taken by Tetrasides. 1 entrants total.
Wizardry 8 -- MB-5DD659F629DBEECE - Taken by Rudakus. 4 entrants total.
Harvester -- MB-BA268AEF4E9109C3 - Taken by corrosivefrost. 7 entrants total.
Wizardry 8 #2 -- MB-2C6B217E31C3F546 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 3 entrants total.
Ascension to the Throne #2 -- MB-4C9BC917BB5C7C18
UFO: Aftershock -- MB-96EF603DA6B871D8
Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-82DBFAD1FCA39368
UFO: Aftershock #2 -- MB-2C0D38145ADF83EE
UFO: Aftermath #2 -- MB-5C0D942EBD670A56
Harvester Steam Key -- MB-F3ED553FB1A6D8DB - Taken by Cyberquake. 2 entrants total.
Wizardry 6 & 7 #2 -- MB-7BE78488DB22EC4B - Taken by slayzz. 1 entrants total.
Ascension to the Throne -- MB-3A297EADAB83D8F2
System Shock 2 -- MB-37FD130ED8C4C0DD - Taken by adburns. 16 entrants total.

t1403799379z1.png

When did Tekken x Street Fighter come out?
I had assumed it was cancelled at this point... ;)

I voted for Blockland & Beat Hazard. I already own the other four games on various platforms (Ikaruga on three!).

One of those 3 better be PC.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

IMHO Injustice is better than MK(9) by a tiny bit. Though I'm guessing MK X is going to beat Injustice similarly.

it's not out of cheapness, it's out of time-cheapness. we all have backlogs. buying now when we're not going to get to play it before the next sale when it's cheaper makes no sense. if we only bought what we had time to play, 90% of the developers we're buying from would be out of business :p

fair enough. I mean obviously I've gorged myself on steam and gog the past week as much as any.. It's just annoying when you see those franchises/games that you personally LOVE and paid full price for willingly and happily only to see someone say "nah, $5 is too much.."

No. No you can't.
Not if you want Treasure to bring more things to Steam.

I don't really care all that much as I have other systems but it doesn't go on sale I'll certainly buy it.

Although of course having all the 360 ports/remasters moved to newer systems would be nice. Be it the PC or the One.

Arthea

I have no idea what you're saying, but it sounds like poetry.

Something as... "we are bound to our fates... and our fate has led us to this... a decision point... riding on the winds of time"

I don't know why some people keep accusing me of writing poetry, but be your way
short version:
We spent a lot on gmg, gamersgate, amazon, gog and steam already, we need more games while spending very little money, that we sill have left for food and drinks.
Happy?
damn, it's not short too... (._.)
I give up

Turfster

Poor is what I will be once this sale is over, so at least you're right about that :p

It might be crap, but I'm looking forward to finding out for myself.

Well, don't say I didn't try to warn you ;)

Skipping the amazing art and style of Remember Me for an old, not great, Call of Duty game hurts my heart.

I know, right?
Here's a game from a smallish studio that tries something new and almost succeeds in all fields!
Oh, but here's a generic old warshootmans from an evil megacorp for a ridiculous discount, lemme get on that instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom