• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey Jr.

How is Banished? It looks kind of like Black and White without the giant animal, but the gameplay looks pretty different.

I think I want this game.......badly.

I loved the city building part in b&w.

Problem is that there is no metacritic score, so I have no idea if its good or not.

louiedog

~3 hours to follow and retweet Smudged Cat to get The Adventures of Shuggy on Steam.

5NNRnm0.jpg

one more hour

Pachimari

Alright, my summer sale is not over!

Gotta get that Anno 1404: Gold as well, as I don't think it'll go on sale. RE: Revelations and Ass Creed: Freedom Cry are mine too.

Lomax

Is Beat Hazard worth the money?
I'm mostly listening to Metal.

It's absolutely ideal for Metal, that's how I played 99% of it. And I haven't played the newest DLC but the other is well worth it so I'd suggest the complete package. Still by far my favorite personal music based game.

mannerbot

Jeez how fucking hard it is to keep track of a conversation in this thread... :/

Ok. Now this is probably the most accurate answer (regarding my confused question) I had!
I'll hold for now, and see if someone will convince me to definitely buy it. :)

It's definitely not a puzzle platformer either. Basically the game is about doing chores for money so you can buy upgrades. Once you start to get some actually cool upgrades and the game seems like it's picking up, it ends.

Tellaerin

Well I put in my vote for the rogue-like crafting category, which means it will lose. I'm sorry.

I'll shoulder part of the blame for that one if
when
it loses, because I did the same. Even though I know it has a snowball's chance in hell of actually winning.

These are the votes people should be working together to rig. Imagine what you could do if you used your powers for good, Reddit. >.>

gorfyako

Banned
Not so much: Kickstarter Steam Sale page with ~100 games, nothing on storefront (obv)
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/kickstarter

Way to get buried under all those sales during the summer sale :/

I'm not sure if that's actually a sale as a few of those games don't have any discounts. That and all the discounts end on June 30th (the end of the summer sale).

It's more like an aggregation of all the Kickstarter games on Steam.

NoWayOut

It's the definitive version. Great port and Capcpom did the community right by it.

First time in 60fps, most of the effects that are present in the GC version are also present here, like specular highlights, and there's currently a modder (crisdecuba) making a FANTASTIC texture mod for the game that really looks incredible.

Another modder is helping him (Albert) who lives in Spain and is finding the ACTUAL original, source buildings that Capcom used when designing RE4.

So you get stuff like this, which is a texture created from the actual original windows that Capcom used for textures, and the following one, which was a picture of the actual hole in the wall in Spain that Capcom used in game to texture.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I never went past the first 20 minutes in the original PC port because I found it unplayable. This seems to be the right time to give RE4 another try.

sgjackson

someone tell me if steamworld dig picks up after the first thirty minutes or so because right now i have zero interest in playing it again

Turfster

Humble Frogwares bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Department 42 (DRM Free)
  • Journey to the center of the earth (DRM Free)
  • Journey the heart of Gaia (DRM Free)
  • Dracula Origin
  • Dracula Love Kills
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet
  • Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles
TIER 2: BTA
  • Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Silver Earring
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Mummy
TIER 3: 9$
  • Magrunner: Dark Pulse
  • Sherlock Holmes versus Jack The Ripper

Lomax

Meh, Magrunner free on GoG but in the $9 tier on Humble? Silly. Still a good deal for all the adventure games at $1 though, if that's your thing.

Vyse24

Humble Frogwares bundle
  • Department 42
  • Journey to the center of the earth
  • Journey the heart of Gaia
  • Dracula Origin
  • Dracula Love Kills
  • Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
  • Sherlock Holmes: The silver Earring

Why you do this, Humble? =(

The_Monk

Poor Portugal as if the harsh economy and the very, very-low employment rate wasn't enough for us we are out of the WC. It's okay, I usually don't care about these games but I can help to feel how depressive my people are becoming. :(

Oh well, chin up! :) Everyone should pick up Dishonored for that price. I played the console version and got it on PC during the last sale to play with "pretty" visuals. Going to play the DLC for the first time on PC. It's funny how you have two very different playstyles for this game.

Same goes for Dark Souls, people had more than enough chance to grab it at that great price. Just try to be strong regarding GFWL and you should be fine.

Still looking at RE6 for a double-dip on PC and Revelations for the first time ever, in the end I think I'm going to skip both... lol. There's always the next sale.

tmarques

Red team is stacked :(

Being on the red team, I'm not convinced it wouldn't be better to be on the teams who finish 2nd or 3rd. So many people must have hopped onto the red bandwagon that the already ridiculous chances of winning anything must be even worse.

Dishonored looks tempting, but the GOTY edition will probably be selling for the same price during the winter sale, right?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Humble Frogwares bundle
  • Department 42
  • Dracula Origin
  • Dracula Love Kills

Sherlock Bundle is disappointing. Why on earth would they put a 2007 game on the $9 tier...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Humble Frogwares bundle
  • Department 42
  • Dracula Origin
  • Dracula Love Kills

As a Sherlock Holmes fan, this bundle is really tempting.

Vs. Jack the Ripper apparently has Tages though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
evening. getting the OT out of the way, grats on US and GermanGAF on the WC. I cared so little about this third game I didnt even wake up for it lol

Sale wse, FUCK BATHESDA for 50% on Dishonored DLC. Fuck Capcom for 40% on RE. And Steamworld Dig is amazing

edit: oh and Magrunner on humble bumdle to TROLL ME? fuck this day!

It doesn't fuck users over. It limits them from a short period of time from doing a limited range of things on a specific new computer. It's implemented as unobtrusively as possible.

Which features should Valve implement? Other than more robust 2FA (authenticators, SMS, biometric, whatever), I can't think of any marketplace that has notably better options in this regard.

They're effectively blocking access to a key part of the Steam ecosystem. A part which you might not use as often, but some users do.

As for how they should treat their economy -- identity protection would go a lot further than "lol browser auth", look at how currency exchanges, even cryptocurrency exchanges work, etc (and let's face it, the Valve economy is practically currency at this point)

kswiston

the difference in this game might be $2.50...
multiply that by 50 games that are only a mere $2.50 more then you would like to spend and you are looking at $100 more spent on games then you really wanted to spend.

I can't speak for others, but for me I set certain prices on games, and unless the game hits that price or lower I just won't buy it in general (unless I see something that changes my mind to spend a little more) Heck there have been some games I set a $20 price point on and have had it available for $20.50 and still won't bite.

I do this too. Only the longer my steam game list gets, the lower that set price ends up being.

When I started using Steam in 2008 it was "$25 for a game that came out 5 months ago? Sure, why not!?"

Now it's more like "$7.50 for Farcry 3? Screw that, I'll wait until it's $5 within the next year."

OrangeOak

Is the Dark Souls listed here the first game or Dark Souls II? I ask because I was under the impression that it had been mistakenly listed before.

I submitted Dark Souls 1 for giveaway.I don't know why it was second game at first but here is what Stumpokapow wrote after I posted.

omg that modbot dark souls ii / dark souls prepare to die thing messed up again. sorry, i'll fix that.

So it's probably some ModBots glitch in the system.

Humble Frogwares bundle
  • Department 42
  • Dracula Origin
  • Dracula Love Kills

They should have taken the week off.

DSix

Banned
Meh, Dishonored is another one of those "Base Game is cheap enough to make you click, but once you see it the must-have GOTY edition is more than twice the price".
I'll just wait till the the GOTY edition is sub-5, I have already way too many FPS on my backlog.

Anteater

Still looking at RE6 for a double-dip on PC and Revelations for the first time ever, in the end I think I'm going to skip both... lol. There's always the next sale.

yeah capcom isn't very good at this sale thing, they don't put their games up on sale nearly as much as companies like SE too, so it's a painful wait for double dipping, I'm planning to double dip on DmC at some point but eh, it's still $50 as its base price.

zulux21

Being on the red team, I'm not convinced it wouldn't be better to be on the teams who finish 2nd or 3rd. So many people must have hopped onto the red bandwagon that the already ridiculous chances of winning anything must be even worse.

Dishonored looks tempting, but the GOTY edition will probably be selling for the same price during the winter sale, right?

im actually kind of surprised that they don't have something for the top contributors to each team....

like top 3 point contributors on each team get a free game from their wishlist.... as we all know valve will get far money than the cost of those from the top 3 in each one lol.

JakeD

being on team red has actually cost me money because i have to craft a badge every day for a .003% chance at winning.

The_Monk

yeah capcom isn't very good at this sale thing, they don't put their games up on sale nearly as much as companies like SE too, so it's a painful wait for double dipping, I'm planning to double dip on DmC at some point but eh, it's still $50 as its base price.

Indeed Anteater. I never played Revelations and it's about time I should and RE6 would be a double dip for nostalgia purpose since I had so much fond memories the first time I played it. The QTE's are not nice, however.

neoism

Yea yisssssss re4 :0 finally something to buy, guys is re 6 worth 10 bones. Re4 is my fav re though just haven't been sure about 6

Caerith

Meh, Dishonored is another one of those "Base Game is cheap enough to make you click, but once you see it the must-have GOTY edition is more than twice the price".
I'll just wait till the the GOTY edition is sub-5, I have already way too many FPS on my backlog.

If GOTY was -75%, or $7.49, I'd be tempted.

Lomax

The biggest thing is the extra card though. Anyone crafting one badge on red will get three cards to show for it, whereas everyone else only gets two. With current card prices, that's the difference between covering the cost of the badge and not. Yeah, it's not a huge difference, but it's ultimately significant one. Though I agree that the chances to win for second place at this point are probably slightly higher. But only slightly.

GotY Dishonored can only go down, will almost certainly reach 75% off before too long.

Acccent

Okay so I put stuff on the market and everything sold in like 2 seconds, which makes me think I probably still haven't quite understood how it all worked. ugh. Why does it have to be so confusing? There could be a single price listed everywhere, the one you pay to get an item, and the benefit you make from a sale would only be indicated on mouse-over or something... even the new system is super obscure compared to what you'd expect from such a simple feature. :/

Gangxxter

It's cute for an hour or two.

Even with all the effects turned to 0% it boils my eyeballs after awhile.
I enjoyed beat hazard, the dlc helped make it more interesting so you won't want to get just the base game... you will have to decide if this looks fun at all :p
It's absolutely ideal for Metal, that's how I played 99% of it. And I haven't played the newest DLC but the other is well worth it so I'd suggest the complete package. Still by far my favorite personal music based game.

Thanks for your opinions, I'll give the demo a try.
I absolutely love music based games because it combines my two favorite hobbies: listening to music and gaming. Don't like AudioSurf that much because it's not very suitable for Metal, but Beat Hazard looks promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom