• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

kathode

Are you doubling down on any of those puts or waiting and seeing what happens? My WHR puts are all I'm holding. They were up 10% as mentioned but right now hovering just below breakeven as the market is rising.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
kathode said:
Are you doubling down on any of those puts or waiting and seeing what happens? My WHR puts are all I'm holding. They were up 10% as mentioned but right now hovering just below breakeven as the market is rising.

Right now I'm not doing much. WHR reports tomorrow.

Edit: actually I'm doing some work now, probably going to buy NSC, EMC and TYC puts.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
STP up 9%.

China offers big solar subsidy, shares up

China has launched an unprecedented plan to offer hefty subsidies to independent solar power projects, a move that sparked a rally in the sector on Tuesday.

Shares of Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd (STP.N) soared 9 percent, Yingli Green Energy Holding Co Ltd (YGE.N) climbed 10 percent, Trina Solar Ltd (TSL.N) rose nearly 9 percent and JA Solar Holdings Co Ltd (JASO.O) was trading nearly 8 percent higher.

"This is very positive for the solar sector and positive for solar stocks out there," said Christine Wang, an analyst with HSBC.

Beijing's bid to boost the solar energy sector could draw more than $10 billion in private funding for projects and put China on track to become a leading market for solar equipment in the next three years. [ID:nHKG193]

As the world's top greenhouse gas polluter, China is trying to catch up in a global race to find alternatives to fossil fuels, blamed for carbon emissions affecting the planet's climate.

The Ministry of Finance said the government will subsidize 50 percent of investment for solar power projects as well as relevant power transmission and distribution systems that connect to grid networks.

For independent photovoltaic power generating systems in remote regions that have no power supply, the subsidy will rise to 70 percent, the ministry said in an announcement on its website (www.mof.gov.cn).

Grid companies are required to buy all surplus electricity output from solar power projects that generate primarily for the developers' own needs, at similar rates to benchmark on-grid tariffs set for coal-fired power generators.

To qualify for the subsidy, in addition to other requirements, each project must have a generating capacity of at least 300 kilowatt peak, while construction will have to be completed in one year and operations will have to last for at least 20 years.

The government plans to install more than 500 megawatts of solar power pilot projects in two to three years. But the total generating capacity in such pilot projects in each province in principle should not exceed 20 megawatts, the ministry said.

In March, the Finance Ministry said it would provide 20 yuan per watt peak (Wp) of subsidy for projects attached to buildings that have capacity of more than 50 kilowatt peak, which could cut the power generating cost by around half to about 1 yuan per kilowatt-hour.

China is expected to raise its 2020 solar power generation target more than fivefold to at least 10 GW. With incentives, analysts expect over 2 GW in new solar capacity will be installed as early as 2011, up from just over 100 MW in 2008.

JA Solar climbed 36 cents to $4.92 on Nasdaq, Yingli Green Energy rose $1.30 to $12.70 on the New York Stock Exchange, Trina Solar climbed $2.30 to $28.70 and Suntech was $1.62 higher at $17.81 on the NYSE. (Additional reporting by Eadie Chen and Anna Driver in Houston; Editing by Ben Tan and Derek Caney)

Ovid

RSTEIN said:
Here's what I'm looking at. It seemed to me like a no brainer to go long early in July when the SP500 bounced off 880/200 day support. It was a pretty riskless trade. A stop below the 200 day limited my downside to 2%. My SPY trade is up 7% and the various tech/financials I bought at the time are all up between 10-15%. I also bought some calls at the time that paid off.

Here's the problem: the Nasdaq just had its best week in a decade. A decade! There are now 37 companies that are overbought in the SP500. Everyone is waiting for this thing to break out but I'm worried that we've already spent all our gas with this upsurge.

Here's the two basic scenarios I'm waiting for:

1) We get the explosion to the upside and everyone goes apeshit. Money on the sidelines comes pouring in and we get another leg up.

2) We have a nice correction back to the 50 day moving average (the blue line). The market gets a chance to breath and THEN we can start a climb higher.

3) WARNING: LOW VOLUME! Look at that awful volume. Today's close above 950 wasn't done with a bang... it was done with a whimper. It's summer. Markets can get extremely choppy. A few bad eco reports/bad earnings and this market could break the 50 day and all bets are off.

I'm very long and have been since early July. I took some profits Friday and took some more today (LOGI, AAPL). I have CSCO, INTC, PPG, and WHR puts. These are all down about 20%. I have added a few shorts along the way but keep getting stopped out.
I like the second senerio. I don't see money from the sidelines coming into the market yet. The only way that will happen is when home prices level off and we see a positive increase in GDP. Plus, with real possiblity of hyperinflation in the near future, I think people want to be 100% sure that things are getting better.

RSTEIN

tarius1210 said:
I like the second senerio. I don't see money from the sidelines coming into the market yet. The only way that will happen is when home prices level off and we see a positive increase in GDP. Plus, with real possiblity of hyperinflation in the near future, I think people want to be 100% sure that things are getting better.

Well, the only thing countering this is there is still lots of smart money on the sidelines. Actually, a lot of hedge funds have been short. It's the worse feeling in the world to see the tape start to crawl away from you. If the market continues to rise then they'll have no choice but to get on board or face angry investors.

After hours: AAPL good (yay), YHOO bad (don't own it), and AMD horrific (don't own it).

kathode

Took about 15% on WHR puts. Unfortunately the iPhone browser and scottrade website don't play nice together and I was unable to revise my limit after I saw the earnings reaction. Shouldve just called the office I guess but I'm standing here in my kitchen while large Hispanic men throw all my belongings onto a truck, so I had other things on my mind :)

RSTEIN

kathode said:
I'm standing here in my kitchen while large Hispanic men throw all my belongings onto a truck, so I had other things on my mind :)

You had "large" Hispanic men on your mind? o_O

RSTEIN

OK, I'm starting to get nervous. Several tech stocks have gone parabolic. There's a bit of a buying panic here. People are buying without second thought. This is not a healthy market. I'm scaling back a bit, buying some more puts. Still remaining long (don't want to fight this trend) but getting increasingly nervous.

The market is highly correlated with the dollar right now. Any dollar strength could send this market down. When stocks are parabolic like this the downside can be equally vicious.

Ovid

RSTEIN said:
OK, I'm starting to get nervous. Several tech stocks have gone parabolic. There's a bit of a buying panic here. People are buying without second thought. This is not a healthy market. I'm scaling back a bit, buying some more puts. Still remaining long (don't want to fight this trend) but getting increasingly nervous.

The market is highly correlated with the dollar right now. Any dollar strength could send this market down. When stocks are parabolic like this the downside can be equally vicious.
SNDK, MU, IMN, STX up big today. Gosh, I really didn't expect these companies to be up as much as are this quickly. Freakin, SNDK is pushing $19.

Ovid

NEW YORK (Reuters) - While optimism about Palm Inc's (PALM.O) new smartphone has fueled a meteoric rise in the company's stock price, a large swatch of shareholders remains unconvinced.

The company has seen increased attention from short sellers betting that its share price will fall despite the hoopla surrounding the June launch of Palm's most important product in years -- the Pre phone.

As of June 30, Palm's short interest was some 42.2 million shares, or about 30 percent of its outstanding stock and 10 percent above short interest in the middle of last month.

This comes even though most analysts are optimistic about Palm. According to Reuters Estimates, 15 of 18 analysts covering the company advise their clients to buy or hold the stock, and see its return matching or outperforming broader indexes.

"It's a remarkably divided story," said Avian Securities analyst Matthew Thornton. "You've got long-term investors who are in the stock for bigger-picture reasons."

In comparison, short interest in Apple Inc (AAPL.O) is about 2 percent, and it is only about 4 percent for BlackBerry-maker Research in Motion Ltd (RIM.TO) (RIMM.O).

Palm shares have quintupled in price this year, thanks to excitement over the Pre, which was unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show in January. The shares were trading at $14.33 on Wednesday on Nasdaq, after starting 2009 at about $3.

Palm's future is seen as bright by those who think the global market for multimedia phones will explode in coming years. Supporters say Palm can contend, even though it is much smaller than rivals like Nokia (NOK1V.HE), Apple and RIM.

reuters.com

This stock has not seen the steady rise in price over the past two weeks like the rest of the sector. I'd say keep an eye on PALM.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
S&P Shoots Self and Investors in the Foot With One Week Ratings Round Trip

Ratings agency Standard & Poors has managed a stunt which to my knowledge has no precedent in the history of the dark art of ratings. It downgraded some not all that highly structured commercial mortgage bonds last week to an eyepopping degree, from AAA to BBB-, just this side of being junk.

Then they restored them to AAA this week.
And the reason was not some semi-defensible "the dog ate my homework", like someone external had given them erroneous information that got plugged into their methodology. No, they had implemented a new model, it gave garbage results, and somehow no one inside the firm noticed the massive downgrades that resulted and bothered to check to see if there might be an error in the model. No, they published and then got customer howls. Now this only involved three bonds, but this happening at all is quite an impressive feat.

From Blooomberg:
Standard & Poor’s backtracked on ratings cuts issued last week and raised the ranking on commercial mortgage-backed debt from three bonds sold in 2007.

The securities, restored to top-ranked status, had been downgraded as recently as last week, making them ineligible for the Federal Reserve’s Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility to jumpstart lending.

S&P lowered the ratings on a class of a commercial mortgage-backed bond offering from AAA to BBB-, the lowest investment-grade ranking, on July 14. The New York-based rating company reversed the cut today, S&P said in a statement. In a related report, S&P said it adjusted assumptions on the timing of projected losses on the mortgages.

“It is a stunning reversal and certainly raises questions concerning the robustness of their revised model,” said Christopher Sullivan, chief investment officer at United Nations Federal Credit Union in New York. “It may engender further uncertainty with respect to ratings outlooks.”

Wow

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
RTP went from 147 to 160 in two days. I think I did a good move. Hoping it gets close to 200:D

Everything is up except ATVI.

Going long was such a smart idea for me personally, I am very happy. I was happy before today, but this only helped.

My only regret is not following my family into F at the $1-$2 range. I held out till it got a bit higher. Was still not a bad time to invest though.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Soka said:
Going long was such a smart idea for me personally, I am very happy. I was happy before today, but this only helped.

My only regret is not following my family into F at the $1-$2 range. I held out till it got a bit higher. Was still not a bad time to invest though.

How much is Ford worth?

Tarazet

One of my biggest regrets is selling my F calls when the stock hit about $3. You live, you learn.

UNG is batshit insane. I'm glad I wrote calls against my holdings, it's a fair bet that I'll be able to buy calls much cheaper to close my position before UNG ever clears my $14 strike price.

Ovid

Bought some more SNDK after the big drop this morning. My limit order was placed near the day's lows so I'm actually up right now. I bought INTC when they dipped after announcing Q1 earnings a few months ago, so hopefully this works out the same.

We finally get good news from our domestic automobile industry. Good for Ford.

RSTEIN

I don't know what to do with my Ford. I'm up 20% (just bought it recently). I trimmed some yesterday (d'oh!) but am now left with the rest. I'll probably just hold.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
That's a lot of poor earnings, it will probably have a rather negative impact on the markets. Not surprised though.

ATVI keeps getting downward pressure, always has, even before the merger. ERTS finished down; started tanking as ATVI started rising today.

STP up another 5% in AH after today's 5% thanks to LDK earnings.

SAN FRANCISCO, July 23 (Reuters) - China's LDK Solar Co Ltd (LDK.N) improved its second-quarter outlook on Thursday, raising forecasts for both shipments and revenue, and its shares rose 1.7 percent.

LDK said it expected to report $225 million to $235 million of revenue and wafer shipments of between 230 and 240 megawatts.

Earlier in July, LDK disappointed investors with a quarterly revenue forecast of $215 million to $225 million, versus Wall Street's previous forecast of $250 million. It also forecast wafer shipments of 220 to 230 MW. [ID:nN02104000]

The company, with headquarters in Xinyu City, China, and an office in Sunnyvale, California, competes with SunTech Power (STP.N) and Germany's Solon (SOOG.DE).

Shares of LDK, down from a high of $52.40 last August, rose to $10.48 in after-hours trading after closing 0.7 percent down at $10.30. (Reporting by Braden Reddall)

Too bad I haven't had a chance to buy some more of HON, BHI, STP, and CAE while they were down in the past months, I'm still in the red on all of them, with HON almost in the green.

mckmas8808

RSTEIN said:
Here's what I'm looking at. It seemed to me like a no brainer to go long early in July when the SP500 bounced off 880/200 day support. It was a pretty riskless trade. A stop below the 200 day limited my downside to 2%. My SPY trade is up 7% and the various tech/financials I bought at the time are all up between 10-15%. I also bought some calls at the time that paid off.

Here's the problem: the Nasdaq just had its best week in a decade. A decade! There are now 37 companies that are overbought in the SP500. Everyone is waiting for this thing to break out but I'm worried that we've already spent all our gas with this upsurge.

Here's the two basic scenarios I'm waiting for:

1) We get the explosion to the upside and everyone goes apeshit. Money on the sidelines comes pouring in and we get another leg up.

2) We have a nice correction back to the 50 day moving average (the blue line). The market gets a chance to breath and THEN we can start a climb higher.

3) WARNING: LOW VOLUME! Look at that awful volume. Today's close above 950 wasn't done with a bang... it was done with a whimper. It's summer. Markets can get extremely choppy. A few bad eco reports/bad earnings and this market could break the 50 day and all bets are off.

I'm very long and have been since early July. I took some profits Friday and took some more today (LOGI, AAPL). I have CSCO, INTC, PPG, and WHR puts. These are all down about 20%. I have added a few shorts along the way but keep getting stopped out.

288xhyb.jpg

So what do you think now after the S&P exploded to 975?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Wow some solars are off the roof!

* Sees returning to qtrly profitability in Q2

* Sees Q2 shipments slightly exceeding prior view * Sees Q2 margins about 9 pct * Shares up as much as 7 pct

July 24 (Reuters) - Chinese solar cell products maker China Sunergy Co Ltd (CSUN.O) on Friday said it expects to return to profitability in the second quarter, sending its shares up 7 percent in trading before the bell.

The company said quarterly solar-cell shipments "slightly" exceeded its prior view of 35 megawatt (MW) to 40MW.

This comes a day after SunPower Corp (SPWRA.O) reported second-quarter results that blew past estimates, while China's LDK Solar Co Ltd (LDK.N) raised second-quarter forecasts for both shipments and revenue.

China Sunergy, which had previously guided towards margins in the low single digits, now expects second-quarter margins of about 9 percent.

The company had reported a negative gross margin of 23.7 percent for the first quarter.

China Sunergy shares were up as much as 7 percent in trading before the bell Friday, after having closed at $4.96 Thursday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Adveith Nair in Bangalore; Editing by Jarshad Kakkrakandy)

SPWRB is up 30% right now!

RSTEIN

mckmas8808 said:
So what do you think now after the S&P exploded to 975?

Well, now I'm VERY cautious and am definitely taking profits here and there. I bought more puts yesterday and those are paying off. Apart from some profit taking, I'm not really doing a whole lot with my longs/shorts. Stocks are overbought and there just kind of hanging up there. This market is in rally mode. MSFT/AMZN others missed by tons yet the SP500 barely budged this morning. That tells you something. I'd like to see the correction back to the 50 day and then I can adjust my portfolio at that level.

Everyone's oscillators are through the roof. To put it in perspective: there are as many overbought stocks now as there were oversold stocks during the March lows. This is panic buying, just as March represented panic selling.

RSTEIN

Bought some MSFT here. I was encouraged how it bounced off its 50 day MA this morning. I have a stop below the 50 day MA... don't want to get in front of the train if it wants to keep dropping.

Ovid

OK, as mentioned earlier 30% of PALM share are being shorted. The Pre is exclusive to Sprint and they report Q2 earnings next week (July 29th). We should get a clearer picture of how Pre sales are doing from their conference call. Again, keep an eye out next week this stock may pop.

EDIT: And just as I was writing this post...

Sprint--Pre success will be clearer in 3-5 months
PASADENA, California, July 24 (Reuters) - Sprint Nextel Corp's (S.N) Chief Executive Dan Hesse said on Friday that it was too soon to say whether Palm Inc's (PALM.O) Pre phone would be a "real hit" and that determination could take until five months after launch.

The top executive of the No. 3 U.S. mobile service said the high-profile Pre's June launch went very well but initial supply constraints made it harder to declare Pre a big success yet.

"You won't know if we have a real hit on our hands until its been out three months, four months, five months ... It's too early to tell," Hesse told the Fortune Brainstorm Tech conference. "We're just getting it rolled out in decent quantities for direct distribution."

Hesse said in response to a question that Sprint, the exclusive U.S. provider for Pre, has not seen a lot of returns of the device from customers who bought it.

The executive said that later this year Sprint's product line-up would include a device based on Android, the mobile operating system developed by Google Inc (GOOG.O).

He did not which phone vendor would sell the device.

Asked his opinion on Motorola Inc's (MOT.N) chances for a recovery, Hesse said that he was "cautiously optimistic" because of work he'd seen so far from Sanjay Jha, who was brought in as CEO of the ailing cellphone maker last year.

Jha has turned the company's focus to Android and its first phones on this platform are expected to come out this year.

"Some things I can't disclose, but I'm pretty impressed on the handset side with what Sanjay's has been able to do there since he's been there, his team in terms of the road map on what they're doing on the device side," Hesse said.

Ovid

MONTREAL, QUEBEC--(Marketwire - July 24, 2009) - (TSX:CAE)(NYSE:CAE) - CAE, the Solidarity Fund QFL and Societe generale de financement du Quebec (SGF) today announced the creation of a limited partnership to provide qualifying customers competitive lease financing for CAE's civil flight simulation equipment manufactured in Quebec and exported around the world. The investments of the Solidarity Fund QFL and SGF are made within the framework of the new joint fund of $500 million announced in the latest budget of the Quebec Government.

The partners have invested US$3 million (C$3.3 million) in equity to create the limited partnership based on the following holdings: SGF 40.25%, Solidarity Fund QFL 40.25% and CAE 19.5%. The partners also committed to fund the partnership with up to US$60 million (C$66 million) in debt, in the following proportions: SGF 37.5%, Solidarity Fund QFL 37.5% and CAE 25%. Qualifying customers may access financing under this structure which would be in addition to financing of up to 85% of the equipment value available from Export Development Canada.

"Our partnership with the Solidarity Fund QFL and SGF gives us greater flexibility to meet our customers' needs with CAE's best-in-class simulation-based training solutions," said Robert E. Brown, CAE President and Chief Executive Officer. "Generations of customers have come to expect CAE to lead the market with innovative solutions to help them manage ever-changing conditions. CAE's flight simulators have stood the test of time, having proven to be reliable and financially predictable assets. With this new financing tool we are making our solutions even more accessible."

"The Solidarity Fund QFL supports the implementation of this new financial tool and is convinced that it will allow CAE to improve its service offering with turnkey solutions for its customers. This initiative comes at the right time, in the current economic climate where capital is more difficult to find. For the Solidarity Fund QFL, the competitive edge of Quebec companies is one of our main concerns. We are therefore very proud to take part in this business partnership which boosts Quebec and maintains high-quality jobs in a leading edge sector," said Yvon Bolduc, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Solidarity Fund QFL.

SGF management is pleased to support this joint initiative which furthers the economic growth of a successful Quebec company. "This innovating financing solution boosts Quebec exports and represents the opportunity to preserve jobs in a sector of activity with high economic impact," said SGF President and General Manager, Pierre Shedleur. "This investment will enable CAE to maintain its position as world leader and remain competitive."

SGF and Solidarity Fund QFL joint fund

The investments of the Solidarity Fund QFL and SGF are made within the framework of the new joint fund of $500 million announced in the latest budget of the Quebec Government, the capital being injected equally by SGF and the Solidarity Fund QFL. This initiative will provide support to medium and large businesses during this period of economic crisis.
Stock price will go down on Monday, right?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
That was announced on Friday in the morning actually.

CAE was the best performer if you compare against LMT, HON, GD, over the past few months. It's also strongly tied to the strength of the US dollar and Canadian dollar. Low CAD is good for them when it comes to doing business that pay for their services and such, but it has been rising recently. Weakened British Pound is not very good.

HON earnings Monday.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Nikkei now over 10,000. With the Dow just over 9000 and the S&P nearing 1000, I think we'll hit some resistance this week.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
UBi shares down %15 after announced delays and lowered outlook, in after hours.

Ovid

Geez...GERN up 13% today. STEM up 9%. I wonder why?

EDIT: According to Yahoo, its based on technical indicators and short sellers covering their positions (short squeeze).

mckmas8808

tarius1210 said:
Geez...GERN up 13% today. STEM up 9%. I wonder why?

EDIT: According to Yahoo, its based on technical indicators and short sellers covering their positions (short squeeze).

What technical indicators?

Ovid

Geron is up by 11% today, sprinting ahead of the $8 resistance point from back in late-January and early February. Short sellers, which accounted for 17.5% of the float as of July 15, are scrambling to cover shares, accelerating the rally. Though no news has been released to support the trade, the volatile industry is often subject to moves based on technical indicators. Today, stem cell stocks are all in the green, many by more than 4%.

As a whole, the Stem Cell Stocks Index is ahead by 6.7% today. It is now lagging the S&P 500 by less than -1% over the last month.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Stem-Cell-Stocks-Up-Big-on-indie-1591955370.html?x=0&.v=1

Ovid

I'm not liking SNDK charts. Those bollinger bands are a bit to wide. The stochastics don't look good either. I think I might sell before the close.

mckmas8808

Ether_Snake said:
Nikkei now over 10,000. With the Dow just over 9000 and the S&P nearing 1000, I think we'll hit some resistance this week.

China's market is now above 20,000 now!!!!

Zyzyxxz

Ether_Snake said:

definitely the situation hasn't really changed all that much so I think we'll just see the usual patterns.

I bought 1300 shares of C yesterday at 2.64 and now I'm up over 10% today, I'll probably pull out once it gets near 3.50

Ovid

So I guess we are now seeing the rally pullback.

YHOO down 11% today after annoucing a partnership with Microsoft. I love buying into a company after a double digit percentage selloff.

Tarazet

Strange to be in a position where I'm long on a stock and cheering when it goes down, but that's how I'm feeling about my UNG (natural gas ETF). I want it to go down and stay below $14 for as long as it can, so that the January 2011 14 calls I wrote against the shares will expire worthless, and then I can continue to hold the UNG shares in my IRA as the economy improves. I'm padded against a huge amount of downside risk, so it can dip 25% for all I care, I'll make it back over time with the premiums I received and then hold the shares long once the contracts expire worthless.

Also did the same thing with LYG for a different reason. Bought shares and wrote calls at 2.5. I will make some money from this no matter what, but what I'm really hoping is to get one of those nice fat dividends they're so famous for.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Not surprised on THQ. They'll probably get bought out at some point, unless they go Midway's way. I feel for you yoopoo:|

Ubisoft lost 15% after the announced delays and revised outlook, and down another 6% today. I don't see ERTS doing much better either, but I don't know what their outlook is. Only ATVI could do well, and even then they probably won't shine that much even with CoD because that piece of plastic junk Tony Hawk will probably be a huge waste of cash. The management is starting to show signs of "it was luck all along". Singularity looks like a big mistake, letting go of Ghost Busters was a stupid idea, Blur looks like no one will ever be interested in it. Basically, other than CoD and Blizzard they got nothing. DJ Hero is a question mark.

Anyway other than ATVI and TTWO and RTP, I'm in the red with CAE, STP, BHI, and HON. Down around 22%. Most of my gains are from ATVI, from shares I bought before the merger.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Unemployment starting to dominate foreclosure

A new dynamic appears to be emerging on the housing front. Heretofore, foreclosures were strongly correlated with where the mania had been most acute. California, Florida, and Arizona in particular showed dramatic declines in prices. But now as those markets have corrected to a considerable degree, foreclosure activity is now starting to be a function of increasing unemployment.

Zyzyxxz

Ether_Snake said:
Not surprised on THQ. They'll probably get bought out at some point, unless they go Midway's way. I feel for you yoopoo:|

Ubisoft lost 15% after the announced delays and revised outlook, and down another 6% today. I don't see ERTS doing much better either, but I don't know what their outlook is. Only ATVI could do well, and even then they probably won't shine that much even with CoD because that piece of plastic junk Tony Hawk will probably be a huge waste of cash. The management is starting to show signs of "it was luck all along". Singularity looks like a big mistake, letting go of Ghost Busters was a stupid idea, Blur looks like no one will ever be interested in it. Basically, other than CoD and Blizzard they got nothing. DJ Hero is a question mark.

Anyway other than ATVI and TTWO and RTP, I'm in the red with CAE, STP, BHI, and HON. Down around 22%. Most of my gains are from ATVI, from shares I bought before the merger.

WTF is with the whole industry pushing their games to Q1.

They can't avoid COD MW2 forever and now Q1 is the crowded season.

I think we may be in for a bleak holiday shopping season for new releases other than COD MW2. Might be a good time to short ATVI for the holidays.

Top Bottom