• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

ManofOne

Plus Member
  • Zillow (NASDAQ:Z): Q4 Non-GAAP EPS of $0.41 beats by $0.11.
  • Revenue of $789M (-16.3% Y/Y) beats by $47.8M.
  • Shares +7.9%.

Last edited:

GHG

Why would something like that jump so much after hours? I feel like reality doesn't make sense anymore.

It's not supposed to. I feel like a crash on this stock is coming, the big boys know the retail investors are getting high on it so they are gearing up to make money at everyone's expense.

That said, it should be a tasty stock to do some intraday trading on tomorrow if you're into that sort of thing, it's guaranteed to be volatile now that pretty much every trader will have eyes on it.

GHG

The maker of smart speakers generated revenue of $645.6 million in its fiscal fourth quarter, up from $562.1 a year earlier and ahead of the $590 million that analysts surveyed by FactSet had been projecting.

Sonos continued to deal with some supply shortages, especially for its Arc sound bar, given container shortages coming out of Asia and a backlog in the port of Los Angeles. Spence expects to be caught up by the end of the current quarter.

The company also topped profit expectations for the holiday quarter. Sonos delivered net income of $132.3 million, or $1.01 a share, up from $70.8 million, or 60 cents a share, a year earlier, while analysts tracked by FactSet were projecting 86 cents. Sonos reported adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (Ebitda) of $166.3 million, above the $130 million FactSet consensus.

Spence said that increased customer demand was a big driver of the profit performance, along with better supply-chain efficiencies and accelerated growth in direct-to-consumer sales.

The company has seen “a ton of demand continuing” even after the holidays, according to Spence, and Sonos increased its forecast for the full fiscal year. Sonos now expects revenue of $1.525 billion to $1.575 billion, up from a prior forecast of $1.4 billion to $1.5 billion. The company also upped its adjusted Ebitda outlook, calling for $195 million to $225 million compared with its prior forecast of $170 million to $205 million.

Analysts were modeling $1.46 billion in revenue and $180 million in adjusted Ebitda.

Currently up almost 18% aftermarket.

tenor.gif

If you all took a punt on my earnings watchlist for this week you all would have made money by now. Hope you'll all be paying attention when I post my list for next week :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:
Fucking Robinhood takes a week to transfer funds have 10k waiting, but can't use it. Maybe I can get lucky and buy it at 2.2 like I did earlier with 1k.

People are saying it's gonna hit 5$ so maybe if I can get it in I can double that 10k
People say a lot of things. It’s possible. I was ready to sell today if it hit $3.11

haxan7

Banned
So... weed stocks eh? I guess I missed that trying to find pump n dumps on r/pennystocks.

Last edited:

Myths

First it was Pharma, now it’s Cannabis. What will they think of next? 😏
Got to say I’m loving these after hours but am very wary of tomorrow’s possible cannabis PND.

Last edited:
Dang this thread moves way too fast. Wish I could follow it closer but the Telegram group of Latin traders I post on keep me super busy.

Anyways today was a good day! SALM went up big! I'm positive $134 now. Hearing rumors that Trump will partner with them. Liberal media stocks tend to go up when a Republican president is in office and the same happens the other way around. New York Times stock was $10 when Trump took office now it's $50. So I expect conservative news media stocks to go up if the normal trend continues.

Delf

Banned
GTE might make a run.
Columbian/Ecuador oil, about a $1.01
I've been into it at .90 a bunch, pulled out at 1.05 a few times for a quick easy few bucks.
Been consistent staying in the .90-1.05 range.
Could make a run soon. A buck a share, easy to run up. Small little buzz, might happen

ManofOne

Plus Member
My UBER options expire at the end of next month so I'm going to hold them. In the money.

MGM results were expected for me so I'm long on my MGM positions. Have about 80,000 shares invested there @ an average price of $9.5. MGM bets will grow.

My zillow options I gonna sell today but keep the stock.

Lucked out on my play on TWTR. I made a loss on those options. (Who the fuck is still signing up for that toxic shithole).

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
Gonna put $20,000 in a cannabis etf. If a train is riding. Who am I to not hop on.

Despite my concerns that Cannabis market is just a massive black hole for cash.

Last edited:

Delf

Banned
Im debating getting out of the pharma stuff. Seems so quick to drop. But also good for a quick buck lol

Energy or tech maybe, I dunno.

I regret missing the cannabis train but I always shy away from them. I lost a bunch of money like 4 or 5 years ago when they were hot.

MrMephistoX

Bitcoin is surging up a bit glad I bought last week! Just mad I didn’t buy enough. I’m a tad over invested in Dodge but am selling as soon as it pops back up to 0.08 unless it rockets past. Good time to buy Tesla? I have a shitload of Uber but think it’s undervalued.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Have a feeling I am gonna get bitch slapped hard today.

BUt hey, I made $75 on my crypto this morning...I got that going for me. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

GHG

Weed stocks getting smoked this morning

Was to be expected. Leaving money in them overnight is a fools game with the publicity they are getting. The press are dubbing them as WSB stocks. It's now another battleground and there will only ever be one winner.

Pallas

Canada weed must be bad b/c they leading the losses in weed stocks
1sBirIK.jpg
Aye I had a share in Aphria, it was booming yesterday but it took a nose dive today... speaking of other cannabis stocks, SNDL(Sundial Growers) is looking good.

Also didn’t realize we had a thread here, I recently started playing/investing in stocks. Nothing serious, mainly doing it for fun.

Last edited:

Nester99

Canada weed must be bad b/c they leading the losses in weed stocks
1sBirIK.jpg

Canadian weed is over saturated and over supplied. Many of my clients spent 2016-2019 building them huge facilities. Now a ton of them are for lease or sale.

Canopy posted a $800m q3 loss. Says they hope to turn a profit finally next year..

Myths

Bought INFI, not bad at all. Early morning rallies followed by dips but we’re just getting the day started. AGTC too. Great movement in volumes compared to the past several days.

Honey Bunny

You made me get Square, thanks MoO :messenger_horns:

Great day today, Fiverr Paypal and Pinterest killing it and my little punt on the Virgin Galactic dip yesterday.
edit: scratch that about Virgin lmao

Unity I'm surprised has continued to fall. I'm long term with that though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom