• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

ManofOne

Plus Member
You made me get Square, thanks for that MoO :messenger_horns:

Great day today, Fiverr Paypal and Pinterest killing it and my little punt on the Virgin Galactic dip yesterday.

Unity I'm surprised has continued to fall. I'm long term with that though.

PINS is my fav stock for this year. Up there with ETSY. I had FVVR last year but I didn't consider it this year for fundamental reasons.

ManofOne

Plus Member
SPG, has been on the rise for me since earnings. It's a very liquid company with some decent fundamentals and good dividend yield. I expect it to cross 140 by the end of the year.

I have it since $60.

down 2 orth

I would be cautious against investing in a dating app that reverses a process of courtship that is ingrained in our species and transcends culture. In fact, if I had some money to blow right now I would be betting against its long-term success.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I would be cautious against investing in a dating app that reverses a process of courtship that is ingrained in our species and transcends culture. In fact, if I had some money to blow right now I would be betting against its long-term success.
Doesnt Bumble also have a UK app that is much more traditional as well? Thats part of bumble as well isnt it?

down 2 orth

Doesnt Bumble also have a UK app that is much more traditional as well? Thats part of bumble as well isnt it?

Honestly, I can only give a superficial take. thesun.co.uk has an article on the app, which describes its number one feature as "Women are in control of the conversation – to a point."

I'm not trying to be chauvinistic here, just practical. There is a niche market for that, but I'm guessing its more niche than most people realize. Unless they've got another gimmick up their sleeve, and one that can seriously draw attention away from the larger dating apps, this one looks like a flop to me.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Even if Disney doesn’t come through with earnings today. Buy more on weakness.

They getting a good stimulus benefits for being good little simps.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Honestly, I can only give a superficial take. thesun.co.uk has an article on the app, which describes its number one feature as "Women are in control of the conversation – to a point."

I'm not trying to be chauvinistic here, just practical. There is a niche market for that, but I'm guessing its more niche than most people realize. Unless they've got another gimmick up their sleeve, and one that can seriously draw attention away from the larger dating apps, this one looks like a flop to me.

Their pre ipo financials are atrocious and the reason it’s getting a lot of attention is Bc their business model is niche to the 2016- 2020 culture.

so I’d agree with your statement.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

I dont think its a chauvinistic take. I just meant that more as Bumble is more than just Bumble. They also own Badoo. But it appears that they both are owned by someone else and is not part of Bumble.

But I think Bumble actually has some merit as the toxicity around stuff like Tinder and POF are at an all time high. Do I think its a home run? No. But I can see why someone would buy into it. But far too risky for me according to their numbers.

Edit: I think it also has the issue of when a customer gets what they want, they are no longer a customer.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
As I said a “better” dating app would be Match. Bumble is far to niche. I suspect at some point they will be forced to loosen thos restraints.

Raven117

Been trying out some different investing strategies on papermoney with TDAmeritrade (ie not real money). I have learned real quick, don't go chasing Reddit stock. Or if you do, take your profits quick.

The boring stuff, ETFs, blue chips. Nice and steady return.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Been trying out some different investing strategies on papermoney with TDAmeritrade (ie not real money). I have learned real quick, don't go chasing Reddit stock. Or if you do, take your profits quick.

The boring stuff, ETFs, blue chips. Nice and steady return.

Boring stuff always perform better than short term day trading returns.

Delf

Banned
I cashed out 75% of everything I was holding. Overall a profit.

Left my 50 shares of ZOM I got under $2.00. My 100 shares of ATOS, 50 of RIGL, 20 of AGTC and TNXP in RH. I have some confidence in them and decided to let them sit.

Now have about $600 bucks in the RH limbo. So won't see that till next week. When it finally transfers back to me.

Just want to get off RH and into a better app that offers more OTC stuff. But damn, that Fidelity mobile app has the worse UI I've ever seen.

Any suggestions on which app/broker thats better?
Keep hearing Fidelity and/or Schwab are the best in terms of access to everything.
Guessing none of them have instant access to deposits also.

Looks like I'm in a waiting period now then to get my money and get it back into some where else.

Raven117

Boring stuff always perform better than short term day trading returns.
Yup. May keep a few dollars free to place a few bets (because that is what they are) in industries I like and know about (because, fuck it, I like the stock), but otherwise, the boring stuff is really where you make some money over the long term.

GHG

I gotta step back from trying to do this day trading crap. Long term holds only for me from now on.

I've been long term for so long that I got bored of it so I'm trying my hand at shorter term stuff. Been doing well for a couple of months but it's days like this that make me question why I'm doing it.

Streeeesssss.

haxan7

Banned
The lady who owns the company I work for made $30k on AMC options. This morning she told me to buy SNDL at the dip.

I bought it for 2.60 then panic sold at 2.30. Now it's back up to 2.80.

That was the final straw for me.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Lol. I’m sorry man. These things happen. Qualcomm reverse its down trend 🥺🥺

I hope it burns in hell!

GHG

The lady who owns the company I work for made $30k on AMC options. This morning she told me to buy SNDL at the dip.

You gotta ride the wave sometimes. A lot can change within the same day. The end of the day is the time to decide if you're backing out or not, not during the day based on a single swing.

I say that as someone 1k in the red today because of one single bad trade when the markets opened. No point in me cashing out now, I'm already fucked.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
My guess is that the auto manufacturers and part markers complained. They’ll need to prioritize chips soon. My positions in TSM and MU are up 4.0% each today
I almost went intel...this is payback for me switched to Ryzen clearly.

wmFD9KY.jpg

You gotta hold. And only put in what you're 100% comfortable with losing.

It's mentally helped me to just accept that the money I put in is already gone. Makes the gains feel that much better

Last edited:

haxan7

Banned
She also warned me to dump GME the day before it crashed. I would have gotten out with some gains. Instead I HELD THE LINE and lost $2-3k (I never tallied up the exact amount I lost, it was chaos).

ManofOne

Plus Member
I think their value as a company is going to be better understood a couple of years down the line. They were way behind with 5G but I'm confident with their new managment, the partnerships they've been grabbing and their 6G advancements.

Really good reasons and quite frankly, putting management first before the other reasons suggest you know what you're doing. Hope it works out well man.

Really good reasons and quite frankly, putting management first before the other reasons suggest you know what you're doing. Hope it works out well man.

Thanks ❤️ i'm more commited to Nokia than I am to my wife. We're going to rock all the bad and good times together

Last edited:
Top Bottom