• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Michaels buyout has a 25 day period they can pursue better offers. Not sure whether to dump today at $22 and move on, or hold.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
So far the stocks that i've recommended

MU, TSM, ALLY, DKNG, ETSY, LTHM, SPG, ON, MSFT and others seem to be doing good.

I was very wrong on Green Energy stocks. Glad I got out when I did.

Dynasty8

ARK ETFs have fucking killed me these past 2 weeks. They were doin really well early Feb....now I am down about $1k for each one.

I bought ARKK at $146...down to $127ish now. I am hoping this will recover soon. Anyone else?

DarkestHour

Banned
My equities and ETFs share a lot of the same companies (aapl, tsla, msft, etc) and it kills me on days like these. I need to rebalance, but I'm also not wanting to take losses right now. I've been burned way too much in the past selling things at the first sign of a dip. Notables include:

Chewy
Roku
Tesla
Nvidia

I would have had huge gains if I didn't freak out and sell those investments.

BigBooper

Anyone know an online record of historical stock prices? I'm looking at KHC as a long term hold, but since they merged in 2015, the stock history only goes back that far.

GHG

Anyone know an online record of historical stock prices? I'm looking at KHC as a long term hold, but since they merged in 2015, the stock history only goes back that far.

What was the ticker before they merged?

A search on that would yield results I'd imagine.

Dynasty8

What are your portoflio sector weights?

Mostly in tech and clean energy. Here's what I currently hold:

ETFs

ARKK - $10k
ARKF - $10k
ARKG - $10k
ARKG - $10k
ARKQ - $19k
VGT - $10k
ICLN - $3k
MJ - $600

STOCKS

MSFT - $2300
AAPL - $3200
IPOE - $2380
NIO - $2300
PFE - $1000
IDEX - $2100
ACTC - $4000
TTCF - $1000
SUNW - $1050
JNJ - $1650
OPEN - $2800
TSLA - $3500
RKT - $2250 (bought at $22, contemplating to sell this or hold)
MARA - $1000

All in all, comes to 100k total. I left out a couple smaller ones.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Well there is your problem .You're over exposed in tech. Like badly over exposed.

Sell some of the ARK etfs for financials like XLF, JPM, MS etc. Try diversifying away from mega cap techs and shift more into large cap cyclical.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Cant answer that part, but I had KHC at $33 I think hoping it would rebound as it used to be $90. It was dead money, covid hit (didn't drop a lot), rebounded to I think $34 and I bailed making $1/share and a year or so of 5% divvys.

Didn't know it crept up to $37.

I think this company still has lots of debt, and watch out for any potential divvy cut.

ManofOne

Plus Member

wNGxbJ9.jpg

wQIWpPn.jpg

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
icln get fuck itself

Biden backs Trump on bifacial solar tariffs​

• Solar names (NYSEARCA:TAN) fell broadly in today's trade after the Biden administration backed former President Trump's stance on solar tariffs in a Monday filing with the U.S. International Court of Trade, marking a potential setback to clean power developers.
  • Today's biggest losers included ENPH -7.9%, SPWR -7.9%, SUNW -7.1%, MAXN -5.6%, SEDG -5.3%, JKS -4.6%, CSIQ -3.3%, FSLR -2%.
  • The new administration asked the court to dismiss a complaint from some solar industry members arguing that Trump's October proclamation that placed tariffs on two-sided solar panels was unlawful.
  • The Trump administration "acted lawfully and fully within his authority" when he killed a tariff exemption for bifacial solar "by closing a loophole that the President determined had been undermining the effectiveness of the safeguard measure on solar products."
  • First Solar is "a high-quality market leader and a good way to capture exposure to favorable trends in clean energy," BOOX Research writes in a

BigBooper

Cant answer that part, but I had KHC at $33 I think hoping it would rebound as it used to be $90. It was dead money, covid hit (didn't drop a lot), rebounded to I think $34 and I bailed making $1/share and a year or so of 5% divvys.

Didn't know it crept up to $37.

I think this company still has lots of debt, and watch out for any potential divvy cut.
Yes, they do have a lot of debt. I have a feeling that their brands will have growth in the changing society with work from home. Their products are well known.

DarkestHour

Banned

Biden backs Trump on bifacial solar tariffs​

• Solar names (NYSEARCA:TAN) fell broadly in today's trade after the Biden administration backed former President Trump's stance on solar tariffs in a Monday filing with the U.S. International Court of Trade, marking a potential setback to clean power developers.
  • Today's biggest losers included ENPH -7.9%, SPWR -7.9%, SUNW -7.1%, MAXN -5.6%, SEDG -5.3%, JKS -4.6%, CSIQ -3.3%, FSLR -2%.
  • The new administration asked the court to dismiss a complaint from some solar industry members arguing that Trump's October proclamation that placed tariffs on two-sided solar panels was unlawful.
  • The Trump administration "acted lawfully and fully within his authority" when he killed a tariff exemption for bifacial solar "by closing a loophole that the President determined had been undermining the effectiveness of the safeguard measure on solar products."
  • First Solar is "a high-quality market leader and a good way to capture exposure to favorable trends in clean energy," BOOX Research writes in a

Im out.

Dynasty8

I definitely need to do a better of diversifying. I'll be adding more Financial, Real Estate, and other sectors into my portfolio.

However, I am currently down about 5-8% total on the ARK ETFs. I am going to wait until those go back up before splitting into different sectors. I refuse to sell until I am green overall...even if it'll take 3-6+ months to go back up. I'm okay with being patient and I no in the long run ARK will eventually go up.

This has definitely been a lesson for me.

GHG

Speaking of real estate... How about RKT today?

Looking at the chart now I realise I was very very lucky with my scalps on it earlier today.

ManofOne

Plus Member
When I check Livent I think of the scam theatre company from the 90s. lol

Yah its got problems but I stated this is one of those companies that has a catalyst on its side. I'm not over exposed on it, so if it doesn't do well I'll cut my losses.

It's inclusion barely shifted my targeted Sharpe Ratio.

Last edited:

GHG

Yah its got problems but I stated this is one of those companies that has a catalyst on its side. I'm not over exposed on it, so if it doesn't do well I'll cut my losses.

I don't see any reason why they shouldn't do well over the long term. Their fundamentals are solid. It's just that for some reason all the attention is going in the direction of PLL.

No matter, I'm just loading up and averaging down on the dips for now.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

I don't think of the US Livent company is a scam.

Just the naming brings back memories of articles about Garth Drabinsky. LOL

Anyone who wants a laugh, read up on Livent (Canada theatre company) and this tard who got put in prison.

Unknown-12.jpeg

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
I don't see any reason why they shouldn't do well over the long term. Their fundamentals are solid. It's just that for some reason all the attention is going in the direction of PLL.

No matter, I'm just loading up and averaging down on the dips for now.

Don't load up to much. It volatile as I stated earlier yesterday, they went all into Lithium Hydroxide. So they're highly susceptible to shocks unlike other suppliers who have diversity in income.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

Dynasty8

Speaking of real estate... How about RKT today?

Looking at the chart now I realise I was very very lucky with my scalps on it earlier today.

I fucked up...kinda. I still profited, but could've been up $11k yesterday.

Went into my Fidelity account where I keep most of my savings and bought 1000 shares of RKT at $29. I had a chance to sell at $40, but got greedy and instead sold at $31 :(

I still made $2,000, but could've been up significantly more.

I still have 100 shares (bought at $22) in my Robin Hood acct. Will be keeping that long term. Company seems legit and their earnings were very impressive. I think long term it's going to be a keeper.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I fucked up...kinda. I still profited, but could've been up $11k yesterday.

Went into my Fidelity account where I keep most of my savings and bought 1000 shares of RKT at $29. I had a chance to sell at $40, but got greedy and instead sold at $31 :(

I still made $2,000, but could've been up significantly more.

I still have 100 shares (bought at $22) in my Robin Hood acct. Will be keeping that long term. Company seems legit and their earnings were very impressive. I think long term it's going to be a keeper.
WTF happened to RKT? Just checked now.

Don't feel too bad about it. During the reddit craze I posted pages back I had 5000 shares of Trivago. I sold it at around $2.40-ish making my usual 10-15% hit and run (third time).

I sold at around 11 or 11:30 am. Half any hour later, the reddit brigade came in out of nowhere and made the stock go to $5.80 in an hour or two.

I missed out on $3/share by half an hour. $15k US = $20k CDN

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie

ETFs

ARKK - $10k
ARKF - $10k
ARKG - $10k
ARKG - $10k
ARKQ - $19k
VGT - $10k
ICLN - $3k
MJ - $600

STOCKS

MSFT - $2300
AAPL - $3200
IPOE - $2380
NIO - $2300
PFE - $1000
IDEX - $2100
ACTC - $4000
TTCF - $1000
SUNW - $1050
JNJ - $1650
OPEN - $2800
TSLA - $3500
RKT - $2250 (bought at $22, contemplating to sell this or hold)
MARA - $1000

All in all, comes to 100k total. I left out a couple smaller ones.
Bro you might be setting yourself for a world of hurt.. Unless you have another portfolio filled with total domestic, international, and bond index funds.

Dynasty8

Bro you might be setting yourself for a world of hurt.. Unless you have another portfolio filled with total domestic, international, and bond index funds.

I don't unfortunately. To be honest, most of my money has been sitting in savings for the past 4-5 years and getting shit interest. I decided I'd start investing for long term gains and use about 20-30% for day trading.

What is it that's mainly making you think it'll end up being a world of hurt? I am still new to this so I'm open to suggestions, but I definitely don't want to sell on my current losses right now for the sake of diversifying. I want to wait until those positions go back to being green, even if it takes a while.

GHG

On the next recovery day I might actually sell out of everything that has broken even or is green.

Then take a few days out to observe the market and research more. I don't have nearly enough diversification.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I don't unfortunately. To be honest, most of my money has been sitting in savings for the past 4-5 years and getting shit interest. I decided I'd start investing for long term gains and use about 20-30% for day trading.

What is it that's mainly making you think it'll end up being a world of hurt? I am still new to this so I'm open to suggestions, but I definitely don't want to sell on my current losses right now for the sake of diversifying. I want to wait until those positions go back to being green, even if it takes a while.

Your portfolio is not recession-proof (diversified). Put those savings in a 3 fund portfolio IMO

ManofOne

Plus Member
Bonds in a portfolio now make little sense unless you intend to hold the bond til maturity. Equities in my opinion are the way to go.

Eventually bonds and equities will share the same correlated risk as inflation begins to rise above expected rates.

Last edited:
Top Bottom