• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

ManofOne

Plus Member
Nasdaq almost wiping out its YTD gains

iIl3CvQ.jpg

mango drank

I'd watched a bunch of talks by Cathie Wood a while back, and none of what she was saying sounded convincing to me. It sounded like a snake-oil salesman using a bunch of flashy buzzwords on impressionable 80-IQ rubes.

And then for no reason at all I dumped a bunch of money in anyway.

B8jB32W.jpg

ManofOne

Plus Member
Is this what the Great Depression felt like?

Nah, don't worry too much about the yield. It cross 1.5% so that is bad news for the FED. If it remains sticky there for the next quarter or two they won't do anything. However, if it continues they'll step in and start buy assets and restoring liquidity plus do some yield curve control to manage tail risk.

GHG

Calculated how much I'd lose if I sold off my deadwood right now.

Painful, but it might be a necessary sacrifice depending on how tomorrow is looking.

AMD at its lowest point since October 2020, Apple since December, LIT since December as well.

Shambolic.

Odd thing. TD Ameritrade made me acknowledge an options risk EULA when signing in today. I don’t think it was targeted at me since mine are lower risk and probably directed at over leveraged people when the market was scrambling.

Top Bottom