• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

AmuroChan

Long term tech will be just fine. They have to take the piss out of someone.

Oh yea, I believe in tech long term as well. That's why I've not done any panic selling the last couple of weeks, but it doesn't make it any easier watching these stocks just fall off the cliff.

GloveSlap

Brutal couple of weeks. I didn't get caught too bad because i was mostly cash and had some SQQQ.

I'm just annoyed because i was close to putting half of my account into SQQQ when QQQ was at 340. I knew the writing was on the wall once all the people that never invested started constantly talking about stocks and opening trading accounts after the GME fiasco. The only reason I waited to go short was that i thought there would be one last push with all the new money coming in.

Anyone buying nio tomorrow? Thinking it’s oversold. Also looking at MAXN

also, just realized I am the one that bumped this thread and revived it on page 334. Last post before me was from 2018. Glad to see it’s still going strong and others are interested in the markets as well (though who isn’t nowadays?)

Last edited:

HoodWinked

Real talk... once the market pulls its head out of its ass, I bet BUZZ ends up being massive.

it's actually kind of reasonable/boring

expense ratio 0.75%

wOuOk59.png

GHG

Anyone buying nio tomorrow? Thinking it’s oversold. Also looking at MAXN

also, just realized I am the one that bumped this thread and revived it on page 334. Last post before me was from 2018. Glad to see it’s still going strong and others are interested in the markets as well (though who isn’t nowadays?)

A lot of things are oversold at the moment but we might not have hit the bottom yet.

I'm now going to wait for 2 consecutive green days before loading up or buying anything. Yeh I'll miss the absolute bottom but I'm willing to take the hit on that rather than buying and immediately being the red.

mango drank

Thinking of buying some value ETFs and energy ETFs tomorrow.

And depending on how tech is looking, maybe selling some ARK, and gambling on some 3x tech short funds.

I dunno if I should sell some VGT too. I don't want to. Poor Apple :(

ManofOne

Plus Member
U.S JOBS
U.S. Feb. Average Hourly Earnings Rise 5.3% vs Year Ago
U.S. Feb. Average Workweek at 34.6 Hours; Est 34.9
U.S. Manufacturing Payrolls Rise 21,000 in Feb.
Revisions Add 38,000 U.S. Jobs in Prior Two Months
U.S. Feb. Private Payrolls Increase 465,000; Est. 200k

10 Year Hits 1.612%

lWWlCl9.jpg

dem

Hey.. my money is back.

I think i should take some time and set some stops...

Last edited:
Today is going to be interesting. One of my covered calls expires today. Strike price is 25 and the stock is 23 right now. It was 31 last week. I guess optimally at this point I'd like it to expire and just keep the premium, but if by some miracle FSR rises $2 today and they're called away, I'm okay with the 60% profit + cash I have for other equities that got hammered this week.

BigBooper

XLE carry it for me I bought more yesterday. $300,000 total investment plus my other positions in OKE, XOM, COP
Oil feels like the safest bet ever at the moment. US production decreasing while OPEC keeps there's the same seemingly guarantees the price will rise. With the lockdowns opening up, usage will be guaranteed to increase.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Oil feels like the safest bet ever at the moment. US production decreasing while OPEC keeps there's the same seemingly guarantees the price will rise. With the lockdowns opening up, usage will be guaranteed to increase.

Yah, plus if you have a decent Margin of Safety you can rotate out and go back into tech.

SpartanN92

Banned
So far up 1.5%
Apple is the only thing holding that back from being 2%
Edit: ON just dipped beneath my average 😒

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Really thought yesterday was going to be the worst of the worst for me. Today, Hold my beer.

Down 4 percent. I suck at this clearly.

Dynasty8

Down $23,000 in the last 30 days. Got absolutely destroyed by ARK... pretty hard.

Gonna hold and wait for them to recover. Definitely been a lesson for me and I have already started rethinking investment strategies. I refuse to sell though.

GHG

Yep everything has fallen through support levels.

Rest of today is important. If there's no bounce then we are looking at a few more weeks of this shit.

GHG

Time to buy more oil and commodities related stuff I guess.

So much I need to average down but I'm not convinced we wont see more red next week.

ManofOne

Plus Member
DKNG down, bought more that 55.8 and so is MGM, again bought more there.

Average price on MGM is now $12.43 and DKNG now $34.56

GHG

Anyone considering buying anything that isn't now should WAIT.

I thought I was being smart averaging down HYLN yesterday and look at how that turned out LOL.

Anything EV related is getting obliterated.

Top Bottom