• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

HoodWinked

holy shit

wpGu8gL.png

GHG

Guys if you're going to trade the meme stocks you need to be prepared for the rug to come out. There's never any warning, set your stops tight and move them up as the trade progresses.

GHG

Up 2% for the day so happy overall.

My day trades today were a disaster overall though lol -$12 after blowing through 3k of available funds. May as well have just spent the time playing some videogames.

mango drank

How are you guys calculating your performance for each day? Do you use only one brokerage? Or do you have some kind of tool that tracks all your investments across brokerages?

BigBooper

How are you guys calculating your performance for each day? Do you use only one brokerage? Or do you have some kind of tool that tracks all your investments across brokerages?
Just actively using one brokerage. I have something in another, but don't check it often.

GHG

Only use one brokerage.

Alto's earnings haven't been so great... Will see what comes of the call tomorrow before deciding what to do with that one.

On the flip side it might be a good time to buy in to Oracle.

Honestly earnings are doing my head in at the moment for my longer term hold stocks.

HoodWinked

AAPL evaluation might about right, it is behaving the same as most other tech stocks, they're all dropping below the trend boxes. MSFT is fairing the best because they've diversified their business better so their greater upside is being priced in.

uXkuVou.png

8dEGILd.png

Last edited:

HoodWinked

Hmm this is interesting, the recent GME run was perplexing because short interest had fallen. so what exactly is causing this? it may be because of naked call options contracts. a massive amount of call options were were purchased recently but the underlying stock may have not been in possession by the contract writers. so when the stock surged the contract writers may have had to buy the stock from the market they didn't have on hand, driving the stock price up. Crazy never thought a squeeze could occur in this manner.

longdi

Banned
how come the 10y yield has dropped below 1.5% now? who is playing with this? i mean if you forcast long term inflation a week ago, and sudden change of mind...

Cyberpunkd

how come the 10y yield has dropped below 1.5% now? who is playing with this? i mean if you forcast long term inflation a week ago, and sudden change of mind...
The last thing you want in the current economic climate is people buying fucking bonds aka parking the money.

ManofOne

Plus Member
so dropping yield means bond prices are up because of more demand...ya why the sudden increase in 10y bond buyers?

Its going to keep on rising. However, yesterday's inflation numbers were equal to expectations. So it seemed to have calmed some worries which is why yields are falling however two things about that

1) Core inflation numbers do not reflect food and energy inflation
2) Core inflation numbers include things like transportation, healthcare costs etc.

Half the things involving core inflation will not increase until vaccination numbers are up and lock downs are eased. You will see those items rise around Q4 or late Q3

Last edited:
Just sold 80% of my position in ENTX for a 238% gain on positive data. Good morning fo sho.

I am, holding tight. Average is 7.83.

They're going to probably release 9930 data the week of the 22nd and then you have Orladeyo sales in the coming months. I understand securing some profit here, but this could be going a lot higher in the coming weeks/months.
I know, you're right. My track record of waiting too long to sell bios keeps popping in my head like Nam flashbacks but I told myself I'd hang on to BCRX til I saw everything reported at the end of this month and decide what my play will be from there.

giphy.gif

I've noticed I've had more success as an investor by having a plan and sticking to it. Sometimes it means leaving money on the table but it's better than holding a bag.

Just sold 80% of my position in ENTX for a 238% gain on positive data. Good morning fo sho.

I know, you're right. My track record of waiting too long to sell bios keeps popping in my head like Nam flashbacks but I told myself I'd hang on to BCRX til I saw everything reported at the end of this month and decide what my play will be from there.

giphy.gif

I've noticed I've had more success as an investor by having a plan and sticking to it. Sometimes it means leaving money on the table but it's better than holding a bag.
Haha, with biotechs, I understand that thought process all too well.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hawks, good gainer on ENTX.

One thing I like about tis thread is learning about all the stocks other people play. Many of the stocks you guys post I've never even heard of. Doesn't even matter if someone made or lost money. I check out many of the stocks people list, and from there can expand to other similar peer stocks.

Top Bottom