• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

GHG

Bought in to OGI.

Partnership with BAT looks solid and it's cheap enough for a bit of a gamble since I can always average down without any fuss if need be.

Holding until double digits.

GHG

ManofOne ManofOne trimmed some of my LTHM today.

Will wait patiently for it to get lower again and then buy more. The more familiar I get with it the more I realise it's actually a good swing trade stock. It recovers well and the current floor is relatively tight.

ManofOne

Plus Member
ManofOne ManofOne trimmed some of my LTHM today.

Will wait patiently for it to get lower again and then buy more. The more familiar I get with it the more I realise it's actually a good swing trade stock. It recovers well and the current floor is relatively tight.

Yah I trimmed mine too a while back. Down to $20,000 on it. But it’s a long term hold.

Reactions: GHG

Dynasty8

I have about $12k in my Fidelity ROTH IRA. Plan to add $6k every year. How are you guys handling this for yourselves?

Right now it's not tied to any investments, but I was thinking of putting it all into a mutual fund for long term growth (thinking of going with FNILX). I won't be taking that money out for years to come.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I have about $12k in my Fidelity ROTH IRA. Plan to add $6k every year. How are you guys handling this for yourselves?

Right now it's not tied to any investments, but I was thinking of putting it all into a mutual fund for long term growth (thinking of going with FNILX). I won't be taking that money out for years to come.
I max out my TFSA every year. For RRSP, I dont max it out as I need to save my cash for investment properties. After I sell them years later and get chunks of money back I then contribute a big lump sum and then ride the rest for another property.

Side note: I should end the day +3.3 to 3.5%. Id say one and a half more good days like today and I'm back to peak portfolio.

Last edited:
Another +3% day, would have been higher if BCRX didn't sell on the news. Whatever. I'm basically almost recovered from the initial tantrum now.

SpartanN92

Banned
Up 1.8% today. I’ve hardly watched it this week tbh. I’m at a point where I am vaguely comfortable without having to check every 5 minutes like a crazy person 😂😂😂

I’m confident in all of my holdings and have no meme stocks to try and time.

Cyberpunkd

Probably +2-3% after today, Facebook executed at 270, but now I have nothing to buy (everything is crazy value) and I want to keep my other stocks. Plus I need money for an apartment. Love it when you get 30k in a day and you are still not happy - now that"s 1st world problems.

Sold my ITV stock today, just under 100% gain but wanted to add into SKG and my new Penny Stock position, SYME, which looks potentially a winner in FinTech!

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I guess this is off topic, but is any of you guys experienced in investing in real state, such as buying a duplex and renting it out? How is your experience So far?

I like the idea of diversifying my assets once I reach certain milestones, so I started studying the subject of real state investments for a while now. However, whenever I read landlord experiences, they all seem awful and discouraging. Also, I have yet to meet someone with a balanced portfolio of real state + stocks; people I know are usually deep into one or the other.

I guess this is off topic, but is any of you guys experienced in investing in real state, such as buying a duplex and renting it out? How is your experience So far?

I like the idea of diversifying my assets once I reach certain milestones, so I started studying the subject of real state investments for a while now. However, whenever I read landlord experiences, they all seem awful and discouraging. Also, I have yet to meet someone with a balanced portfolio of real state + stocks; people I know are usually deep into one or the other.
Not sure what your price point is. If you’re worried about deadbeat renters, you could always buy remote in Florida or a resort town. Example, tons of gated communities down in Florida, finance a condo and rent it out. There are companies that will act as the front person/maintenance etc and charge a portion of the rent you collect.

My in laws bought a condo down there and rented it out when they weren’t down there themselves this same way.

Tons of older folks rent for weeks or months at a time, and COVID exposed a situation where a bunch of companies are willing to let their workers work remote. A bunch of them rent beach houses or condos in warm locations because it’s cheaper than just living or renting in a big city.

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Okay, I already hate this NFT bullshit. If this is a bubble then I think that should burst.
Nah, NFT’s are not a bubble. I personally know people linked to angel investors building new companies based around them. If NFTs are a bubble, at the very least it won’t pop anytime soon. It makes me bullish for Ethereum.

Not sure what your price point is. If you’re worried about deadbeat renters, you could always buy remote in Florida or a resort town. Example, tons of gated communities down in Florida, finance a condo and rent it out. There are companies that will act as the front person/maintenance etc and charge a portion of the rent you collect.

My in laws bought a condo down there and rented it out when they weren’t down there themselves this same way.

Tons of older folks rent for weeks or months at a time, and COVID exposed a situation where a bunch of companies are willing to let their workers work remote. A bunch of them rent beach houses or condos in warm locations because it’s cheaper than just living or renting in a big city.

I was looking at a duplex in SF to rent it out. Perhaps build an extra unit to have a place to stay in the city whenever I need to go to the office. However, the laws in SF are heavily skewed towards tenants and squatters, so I am very discouraged. The opportunity just opened up after the prices crashes in the past six months, but I don’t know for how long it will be there.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
10y yield now back up to 1.6%? who the hell is pricing it? make up your mind! or stop manipulating the markets..!

Told ya it’s going to keep going up. Inflation expectations are being priced in way early imo. I was expecting it to hit 1.6% at the end of Q2. We still in Q1.

If the FED is going to allow the economy to run hot that’s gonna cause a problem.

7j6C89A.jpg

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Told ya it’s going to keep going up. Inflation expectations are being priced in way early imo. I was expecting it to hit 1.6% at the end of Q2. We still in Q1.

If the FED is going to allow the economy to run hot that’s gonna cause a problem.

7j6C89A.jpg
And there go my gains! I'm going all in on
BTC and GME. Seems safer at this point!

ManofOne

Plus Member
Can you suggest a good energy ETF?

Not sure now is the time to move into energy unless you have a decent Margin of Safety. I would look at Materials and checked out ETFs like XLB for instance. If you still want energy XLE for oil and gas and TAN for clean energy.

ManofOne

Plus Member
10 year yield over 1.6% if it stays for the remainder of the day and into the weekend. It gonna hit 1.75% in Q2. Thats not good imo.

ManofOne

Plus Member
200.gif

All my gains from yesterday wiped lol.

I quit. Im just throwing it all in bonds. Bonds to the moon!!!!!

Lol don't short bonds. Just diversify a bit away from tech. Tech will recover this is a bull market right now. If yields are rising.

Just for reference btw, we haven't seen a 2.51 5 year since 08.

Literally 13 years ago

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Lol don't short bonds. Just diversify a bit away from tech. Tech will recover this is a bull market right now. If yields are rising.

Just for reference btw, we haven't seen a 2.51 5 year since 08.

Literally 13 years ago
Yeah I am mostly being dramatic.

I have been slowly trying to diversify out of tech but I end up SPACs a lot and those have done me dirty so far. Trying to do more resaerch.

Dynasty8

Yeah I am mostly being dramatic.

I have been slowly trying to diversify out of tech but I end up SPACs a lot and those have done me dirty so far. Trying to do more resaerch.

You and me both. I'll be selling out of some tech positions I am not entirely confident in and diversifying into other sectors. Just need some recovery first after the early March bloodbath.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's early, but +1%. Ultra volatile Lightspeed has been a make or breaker for many days lately.

Went from $103 to $67 in two weeks. Now back to $84 in 1 week.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
O shit SPACs are done in this market
I have been looking at AMRS but havent pulled the trigger. I need to just start throwing in small sums and see what happens. Gotta pay to play.
You and me both. I'll be selling out of some tech positions I am not entirely confident in and diversifying into other sectors. Just need some recovery first after the early March bloodbath.
I just know tech so I feel comfortable along with entertainment. But I know I need to diversify.

Anyone holding SELB? I have a tiny position and it's the only thing up for me today. I like everything about the company, especially management, but I'm a little worried about their cash situation. They have a lot in the pipeline but it's all early preclinical phase stuff and they only have enough cash to last them for a couple more years. Tons of insider buying though.

Profit is still profit. You still came through big with 300%. Props to you.
Ugh you're right but I maybe average a win that big once a calendar year and after COVID I was overdue. Feel like I squandered this one a bit. I'm a pussy when it comes to investing so I'm no stranger to leaving money on the table and playing things safe but this one gutted me a bit.

ManofOne

Plus Member
looks like we ending the week green! yay! :messenger_rocket:

but damn MSFT did not even touch a 10% dip, and i cant add any..

MSFT is the best diversified tech company there is.

Look at their financials you'll find a good reason why I have a higher weight in the company

Last edited:
Top Bottom