• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

ArtG

We're really close to green. :O
(And, of course, when the puts on Amazon get cheaper, Sharebuilder reliably goes out of service again.)

eznark said:
This whole thing happened on my way home from the office. I was watching Bloomberg on my iphone and just laughing.
:lol I was on the road too from feeding my mom's dog since she is out of town. When I left DOW was down 300+ and when I sat down at my place I see it was UP 120+ and climbing.

edit: 12mins driving distance or so just for perspective.

eznark

Banned
mre said:
Thanks for the replies, guys. 22 minutes and counting. Hopefully we can end up.

Beyond the obvious positives of a green number, financial sector stocks are fueling it.

JP Morgan and Citi are up 7%.

Except a sell off. No confidence is there.

I will not except a sell off

Tarazet

Awesome. At the bottom, I cashed in on my puts and bought some KLAC shares. I also bought another KLAC put as a hedge, since I have a few long positions still open, but I made so much money this morning, even if ALL of my options became worthless right now I'd still have $1382.61, having invested around $1000 when I first opened up the account and nothing since.

Evlar

Banned
Wild divergences between S&P500 and DJIA... A moment ago Dow was down 1.2%, S&P down 0.3%. Less than five minutes later Dow was down 0.2% and the S&P down 1.5%.

eznark

Banned
my "you should listen to me more" was in reference to my 2:30 post which said a rally is coming.

Hopefully the wheel stops on green so I can still look brilliant!

Tarazet

It might go down further, but this is a GREAT time to buy. So much less downside risk than at the same time last week.

Edit: by "now," I mean 'in about five minutes.' :D

Chichikov

I don't usually watch CNN during the day, but my god, did that guy use MSPaint to illustrate issues?
MS motherfucking Paint?
the hell?

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Does anyone know why indices/stock prices continue to move even 15 minutes after the close? Is it after hour trading? Corrections?

FrankT

Could of been a lot worse. Fairly happy with the close out as the Nasdaq looks like it could close up with the Russle 2K. Would have been nice to have the DOW there as well, but not as bad as it could have been. Sends a better message for the Asian markets come late Sunday.

PistolGrip said:
Does anyone know why indices continue to move even 15 minutes after the close? Is it after hour trading? Corrections?

Some trades have still not closed out.

Tamanon

Banned
PistolGrip said:
Does anyone know why indices continue to move even 15 minutes after the close? Is it after hour trading? Corrections?

Trades that are put in before the bell but not completed, that's all.

gkryhewy

Jtyettis said:
Could of been a lot worse. Fairly happy with the close out as the Nasdaq looks like it could close up with the Russle 2K. Would have been nice to have the DOW there as well, but not as bad as it could have been. Sends a better message for the Asian markets come late Sunday.

Is the nikkei open on monday? I thought I'd heard there was a Japanese holiday. Some goofy thing like national fitness day.

FrankT

gkrykewy said:
Is the nikkei open on monday? I thought I'd heard there was a Japanese holiday. Some goofy thing like national fitness day.

Could very well be and that might not be a bad thing at this time.

Yahoo Front Page said:
As of 1:32 p.m. PDT • Stocks end wild session with best showing of the week

WOOO-HOOO we only lost 128 points!! :D
capt.b053cd9effe241c1b05437075c1b1836.germany_world_markets_pro104.jpg

gkryhewy

It's been said before, but the current This American Life podcast on the crisis is amazingly good - suggested listening for everyone.

CDS - fuck, what a pyramid scheme. Jesus tap dancing christ.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Markets will recover when banks start to lend money again. They are not doing that. Anyone saying this is the bottom are doing chart analysis like one reads the future by reading bones.

Top Bottom