• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STRANGER OF SWORD CITY |OT| - "We're going to need another Timmy"

hawk2025

Basically for my first playthrough I went for more defensive / buff / debuff related stuff.

Like magic veil?, the attack first in battle + accuracy / evade, Evade / Accuracy down on the enemy + prevent escape for a turn?

Were the main ones sorry dont remember what the names were exactly for the localized version. D:

For sections where I had a choice anyways, avoided like the magic attack power up and like physical attack skill ones.

Yep the first one I got was I think called... Dragon Fist? It debuffs a row of enemies Hit/Avoid and prevents Escape, so I'm also using it for ambushes on the Shadow Palace since those guys have a tendency to escape with the treasure chest.

So, basic idea is going with buffs/debuffs is probably better than attacks?

Do we get a fresh new skill tree for blood crystals on NG+?

Edit:
I'm now sold on the Death/Life Points/Recover mechanic. Both my Wizards died, and it made me finally use a Ranger on the back row. I had found a great bow on one of the ambushes, and it has been an incredible improvement to the party. I need to rethink the back row now.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yep the first one I got was I think called... Dragon Fist? It debuffs a row of enemies Hit/Avoid and prevents Escape, so I'm also using it for ambushes on the Shadow Palace since those guys have a tendency to escape with the treasure chest.

So, basic idea is going with buffs/debuffs is probably better than attacks?

Do we get a fresh new skill tree for blood crystals on NG+?

Edit:
I'm now sold on the Death/Life Points/Recover mechanic. Both my Wizards died, and it made me finally use a Ranger on the back row. I had found a great bow on one of the ambushes, and it has been an incredible improvement to the party. I need to rethink the back row now.

Yeah the majority of combat in this game is about not getting hit / hitting the enemy. Which is why the evade / hit up / down is really important. Also things that help protect against bad status. As that magic veil? also supposedly helps protect against 1HKs.

You can go with the attack skills too if your party is made out for it. Though for folks on a first time playthrough its good to be a bit more defensive, unless you are fairly confident in your skills with the genre.

Do believe you should get a new skill tree. Though I havent really messed around with NG+ that much.

Back to the topic of class changing its better to end on the class you want to be, otherwise you will waste a lot of skill slots equipping the skills you need from said class instead of the supplemental skills you want for the class.

Parakeetman, what is your general approach for the Blood Crystals?

I'm sticking to the middle "lane" so far by giving them to -forgot her name- at the Stranger base, especially since the Divinity skills like -5Hit/-5Avoid seem more useful than one-off attacks, but are the lines typically consistent, or should I mix and match between the different people?

This is one extra dimension of leveling up I don't want to worry about, there's already so much :p

p.s.: You have no idea how useful all your contributions to this thread are :)

Yup, Parakeetman, you're the mvp of this thread :)

For what its worth, I went with Marilith for everything except for the Dragon Fist (reduce avoid + prevent escape). And went with all the upgrades for the same skills. I have no idea how I'd survive without Holy Veil (the one that heals you every round), that's my source of healing for a number of tough areas like the poison floor of
Undead Town
and all of the areas where you can't cast spells. Might pick Sky Dragon (the attack first one) later though; the Marilith alternative for that step, Spirit Cloth (spell guard), doesn't seem that useful so far.

I've tested the attack skills - X Charge and Charge... not really worth it. Damage is nothing to shout about, and it uses up everyone's turns so they'll be sitting ducks if the enemies survive. X Charge is the better of the two for boss fights, but my Samurai on carnage front does more damage anyway, lol.

Alm's skills are all terrible, except maybe Black Cloth (physical guard), but no way I'm surrendering Holy Veil for that skill. Must be tough to see her ending.

Parakeetman

Yup, Parakeetman, you're the mvp of this thread :)

For what its worth, I went with Marilith for everything except for the Sky Dragon (reduce avoid + prevent escape). And went with all the upgrades for the same skills. I have no idea how I'd survive without Holy Veil (the one that heals you every round), that's my source of healing for a number of tough areas like the poison floor of
Undead Town
and all of the areas where you can't cast spells. Might pick Sky Dragon (the attack first one) later though; the Marilith alternative for that step, Spirit Cloth (spell guard), doesn't seem that useful so far.

I've tested the attack skills - X Charge and Charge... not really worth it. Damage is nothing to shout about, and it uses up everyone's turns so they'll be sitting ducks if the enemies survive. X Charge is the better of the two for boss fights, but my Samurai on carnage front does more damage anyway, lol.

Alm's skills are all terrible, except maybe Black Cloth (physical guard), but no way I'm surrendering Holy Veil for that skill. Must be tough to see her ending.

Spirit Wall most def is the one you want or whatever they localized it into as it helps protect not only against magic but also bad status effects which apparently also includes 1HK.

Some of the localization is a bit odd so some details seem to be left out or worded strangely.

Its actually more important for the bad status protection rather than magic protection. As its the bad status stuff which will cause a lot of problems esp the 1HK lol

With Alms magic damage increase skill? Giant, think it stacks with the mages magic damage up then you do something like tri bolt + triple cast does some insane damage if specced out correctly apparently lol Though getting up to that point will take a while... So yeah for the most part unless you are into making an insane nuker, its not really worth taking. That and this game is not particularly friendly to nuke happy players with how MP is such a precious commodity...

Spirit Wall most def is the one you want or whatever they localized it into as it helps protect not only against magic but also bad status effects which apparently also includes 1HK.

Some of the localization is a bit odd so some details seem to be left out or worded strangely.

Its actually more important for the bad status protection rather than magic protection. As its the bad status stuff which will cause a lot of problems esp the 1HK lol

Oh good, glad to see I didn't go for a wrong pick after all :)

Yeah, I've noticed some weirdness on localization. I mean, you got a katana called "Long Katana" that's a one-handed... then you get a two-handed katana called... Katana. It's probably a translation error, a mixup... probably should be a nodachi or something.

Parakeetman

Oh good, glad to see I didn't go for a wrong pick after all :)

Later on
butterfly nests will have the 1HK ability regardless of the small amounts of damage they deal.
so with that in mind the magic veil is pretty useful. Good luck with the Rabbit lol.

Parakeetman

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there going to be a Ray Gigant OT?

Also in regards to this question

Ray Gigant US OT should go up later today. With what little information there is about it from the "Western" side of things. So most of the info will be the same as the JP stuff. Just including review scores and other whatnots. But will pretty much just be a fairly exact replica of the JP one once again.

Li Kao

Really hard to resist the temptation of buying the game waiting for the PC version. Heck, we don't even know what exactly is this PC version. Is it the JP PC game or a port of the Vita one ?
But money is really sparse and to complicate things further Ray Gigant is also near.
Stranger on Vita or PC, argh...

Bl@de

Really hard to resist the temptation of buying the game waiting for the PC version. Heck, we don't even know what exactly is this PC version. Is it the JP PC game or a port of the Vita one ?
But money is really sparse and to complicate things further Ray Gigant is also near.

Will there be a PS4 version? Strange to have a vita release and no PS4 :/

Parakeetman

As Ive said multiple times now, it most likely is not the Vita version. Reason being is that it has functionality which would not be present in the PC version mainly the ranking system. So Id put my $$$ on it being the XBO version. As a user who is actually able to see the steam store, since its blocked over here said that the new artwork was in screenshots. So that means it is from the "newer" version of the game.

Though we will never really know what version it is based off of unless NISA tells us. But from a technical standpoint by far the XBO version would be the one to use with less work than the Vita version, that and the resolution is the other large issue.

Dorarnae

yay! lol
Sans%20titre_zpsqfp0qry5.png

Kalentan

Hey, so I just started up the trial on XBO. The difference in art style.. It never gave me a choice, but in the Create Character, it has both art styles in the menu. Depending on the version, I pick, does that change which is selected?

CrovaxPSO

Hey, so I just started up the trial on XBO. The difference in art style.. It never gave me a choice, but in the Create Character, it has both art styles in the menu. Depending on the version, I pick, does that change which is selected?

No, you can mix portrait styles freely. The art style is a toggle in the options menu.

Kalentan

No, you can mix portrait styles freely. The art style is a toggle in the options menu.

Yeah discovered that after getting out of the ruins and Riu was the more anime art style. Uh... On normal, is it common to die in every fight getting out of the ruins? Everything one hit my character.

Edit: Is there a reason why some party members can no longer attack? I have Ashibi in my party and she attacked like once and now only can defend.

Ephidel

Yeah discovered that after getting out of the ruins and Riu was the more anime art style. Uh... On normal, is it common to die in every fight getting out of the ruins? Everything one hit my character.

Edit: Is there a reason why some party members can no longer attack? I have Ashibi in my party and she attacked like once and now only can defend.
Ashibi is the default Fighter, right? The only thing I can think of is that either you moved her out of the first three slots (because then she'd be back row and she starts off with a short range axe) or that you accidentally removed her weapon when checking your equipment (because I just tested that, and if you remove a characters weapon they can't attack).

Kalentan

Ashibi is the default Fighter, right? The only thing I can think of is that either you moved her out of the first three slots (because then she'd be back row and she starts off with a short range axe) or that you accidentally removed her weapon when checking your equipment (because I just tested that, and if you remove a characters weapon they can't attack).

Oh shit. I've put her in the back row... My bad!

Kalentan

Should I grind at M.O. Metal? Cause I'm finding myself at a disadvantage a times. Like it will be easy to kill some monsters but then suddenly there is a level 18 or 20+ one that appears, no one can hit it, and at least one person gets one hit killed.

Parakeetman

Should I grind at M.O. Metal? Cause I'm finding myself at a disadvantage a times. Like it will be easy to kill some monsters but then suddenly there is a level 18 or 20+ one that appears, no one can hit it, and at least one person gets one hit killed.

If you already finished the training mission stay out of there and progress the story till you get the 3 main dungeons opened up. Forest, Valley, Shadow. Had told others something similar which is stay out of the basement of the first place, as there will be enemies that spawn there, which you already found out that can kill you early on. Which Im guessing you ran into the skeleton.

Kalentan

If you already finished the training mission stay out of there and progress the story till you get the 3 main dungeons opened up. Forest, Valley, Shadow. Had told others something similar which is stay out of the basement of the first place, as there will be enemies that spawn there, which you already found out that can kill you early on. Which Im guessing you ran into the skeleton.

Nah. I'm still the tutorial mission and high level enemies appear at times and just destroy me.

Parakeetman

Nah. I'm still the tutorial mission and high level enemies appear at times and just destroy me.

Yeah if you can try to stay out of there and do your hiding above ground. Granted it may take a bunch of back and forth to do it, its a lot safer than attempting to risk the underground. As am unsure what the exact spots where the skeletons seem to spawn are. If its not them a mob of those fairy things will fuck you up good with magic and generally their turn speed in combat is fast so bunch of them wind up going before your slower characters.

The reason why the dungeon has those, is due to part of that area being connected with a higher level dungeon. So think due to that is why there is spill over.

Kalentan

Yeah if you can try to stay out of there and do your hiding above ground. Granted it may take a bunch of back and forth to do it, its a lot safer than attempting to risk the underground. As am unsure what the exact spots where the skeletons seem to spawn are. If its not them a mob of those fairy things will fuck you up good with magic and generally their turn speed in combat is fast so bunch of them wind up going before your slower characters.

The reason why the dungeon has those, is due to part of that area being connected with a higher level dungeon. So think due to that is why there is spill over.

Ah. I see. Honestly I've been just grinding at the 2 first hiding spots and the 1st underground one. Also, since making a new wizard (thus having two), I've been able to easily defeat any bosses before they escape with le loot.

Parakeetman

Ah. I see. Honestly I've been just grinding at the 2 first hiding spots and the 1st underground one. Also, since making a new wizard (thus having two), I've been able to easily defeat any bosses before they escape with le loot.

Later on when you get some decent bows you can replace a wiz with a ranger to save MP. Plus the rangers ability with pin down to drop evade and accuracy on a single target is a big help. Granted damage is low, but the effect will stack if done multiple times.

Kalentan

Later on when you get some decent bows you can replace a wiz with a ranger to save MP. Plus the rangers ability with pin down to drop evade and accuracy on a single target is a big help. Granted damage is low, but the effect will stack if done multiple times.

I don't know if you know... but I'm on the Xbox One Trial for the game that said eight hours... However I'm unsure if that meant me playing for eight hours or I can play it for eight hours, starting from the point I began?

Parakeetman

I don't know if you know... but I'm on the Xbox One Trial for the game that said eight hours... However I'm unsure if that meant me playing for eight hours or I can play it for eight hours, starting from the point I began?

It includes time the system is left on too apparently according to MS. So if you want your game time to be preserved fully exit the game before messing around in menus and whatnots. As doing that does not pause the trial timer.

So in short its basically a timer activated once the game is started up.

As long as the software is active the timer is counting down. Which includes being in an idle state such as using the XBM.

Question: My trial didn’t give me as many hours as I thought it would. What gives?

Answer: A trial’s countdown is based on the hours the game is running on your console, even if you're not actually playing it. Pausing the game, or allowing it to run in the background while you use another app does not pause the countdown. To ensure you get the most time from your trials, be sure to quit the game before moving on to something else. Here's how:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to go to the Home screen.
  2. Highlight the game’s tile.
  3. Press the Menu button on your controller.
  4. Select Quit.
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/understanding-betas-demos-and-trials

I should go add this to the OT if it can fit lol

Kalentan

It includes time the system is left on too apparently according to MS. So if you want your game time to be preserved fully exit the game before messing around in menus and whatnots. As doing that does not pause the trial timer.

So in short its basically a timer activated once the game is started up.

As long as the software is active the timer is counting down. Which includes being in an idle state such as using the XBM.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/understanding-betas-demos-and-trials

I should go add this to the OT if it can fit lol

I see... It's actually a really cool system. I love the fact that I can try it for 8 hours and then see if I want to buy it or not.

A big part of this game is being smart about when to run. If you see something that much tougher than you, divinity out of there right away. It's the game testing you.

Parakeetman

I see... It's actually a really cool system. I love the fact that I can try it for 8 hours and then see if I want to buy it or not.

Yeah and how save data carrying over these days is becoming a lot more popular that is nice too. Also you can keep any achievements earned lol Read that on the same MS page about the trial stuff.

Didnt know that was even possible with demos in general. Dont recall back in the 360 days any demos having that?

A big part of this game is being smart about when to run. If you see something that much tougher than you, divinity out of there right away. It's the game testing you.

Yeah you know something is up when the game gives you a 100% escape from non event battle skill from the get go lol

Kalentan

Yeah and how save data carrying over these days is becoming a lot more popular that is nice too. Also you can keep any achievements earned lol Read that on the same MS page about the trial stuff.

Didnt know that was even possible with demos in general. Dont recall back in the 360 days any demos having that?

Yeah you know something is up when the game gives you a 100% escape from non event battle skill from the get go lol

I'm unsure if demos on 360 did or not. I will say, I am thinking about getting this. More so since it's only $40.

Also, maybe I overprepared for the first lineage fight outside the prologue tutorial thing? That shit was easier than those two skeleton enemies that I had to run from. XD

Parakeetman

I'm unsure if demos on 360 did or not. I will say, I am thinking about getting this. More so since it's only $40.

Also, maybe I overprepared for the first lineage fight outside the prologue tutorial thing? That shit was easier than those two skeleton enemies that I had to run from. XD

Nah thats not too hard to do as long as you are not rushing things. Those skeletons in general are a huge pain due to their physical resistance and damage output... In general with the twins the worse thing that can happen is if one of em does rush to a member in the party. Where you would take multiple hits in a single turn.

Yeah I think its pretty smart that there is a demo for folks since its a totally new genre on the XBO in the West. Where on the Vita for example people are already familiar with the company / genre, so a demo isnt needed. That and there never was a demo version in Japan either. I think only the PC had a demo version in Japan and now along with the West the XBO version demo.

Kalentan

Nah thats not too hard to do as long as you are not rushing things. Those skeletons in general are a huge pain due to their physical resistance and damage output... In general with the twins the worse thing that can happen is if one of em does rush to a member in the party. Where you would take multiple hits in a single turn.

I love this:

"Anna: Looks like you didn't die."

Yeah... didn't die... right... >.>

My main character died quite a few times.

Parakeetman

I swear the enemies had it out for my character... but based on the cutscene with Marilith... I assume my character can't "die" ever. In that, he can't vanish?

Yeah, which would have been nice for new players to know ahead of time since there is no reason not to make yourself 99 lol and try to get as much bonus points as possible.

Then again, you can make up for lower BP with gear anyways so its not that big of an issue.

Kalentan

I will say, and maybe I'm in the minority on this, but I can't see why anyone would pick the Oxijiyen style over the beautiful Tsukamoto art.

Grisby

Art in this looks great. I'm playing severed right now and might dip into another drpg. Picked Stranger up and the art looks fantastic.

Any tips? Make to so things? OP classes? New to this genre and I was going to drop it to the easier setting.

Just reading your impressions, I am so excited for this game.

Glad it comes out in June for the pc, that way I can finish my master's degree.

If the game was out today on pc I would be so screwed...

Parakeetman

I will say, and maybe I'm in the minority on this, but I can't see why anyone would pick the Oxijiyen style over the beautiful Tsukamoto art.

Simple answer is people have different tastes from yourself. That and in the West seeing how Demon Gaze sold for example, is a pretty good indication that the userbase exists for similar styled art.

Granted a good portion of the reactions from the West when this game was initially announced for Japan was how nice the Tsukamoto artwork is. Esp due to it being so different from the usual standard artwork out of Japan.

Though the topic for art and whatnots is for a different thread. As mentioned in the very first disclaimer in the OT, the topic usually winds up being a shitshow of stupid. Which I do not want wasting space in the OT with.

Kalentan

Simple answer is people have different tastes from yourself. That and in the West seeing how Demon Gaze sold for example, is a pretty good indication that the userbase exists for similar styled art.

Granted a good portion of the reactions from the West when this game was initially announced for Japan was how nice the Tsukamoto artwork is. Esp due to it being so different from the usual standard artwork out of Japan.

Though the topic for art and whatnots is for a different thread. As mentioned in the very first disclaimer in the OT, the topic usually winds up being a shitshow of stupid. Which I do not want wasting space in the OT with.

Oh, don't get me wrong. The other art style is also good. Also I never played Demon Gaze... Was interested in it but never got around to it. How similar is that to this?

Also I just got to the Snow Forest area in this, I really dig it! :D Nice change of pace from being in the desert/ruins for hours. XD

I also love the design of the slums. The idea behind it is quite inspired.

Parakeetman

Art in this looks great. I'm playing severed right now and might dip into another drpg. Picked Stranger up and the art looks fantastic.

Any tips? Make to so things? OP classes? New to this genre and I was going to drop it to the easier setting.

There are no real OP classes as it comes down to you being able to make good builds with your equipment, stats allocation and when to deploy the skills available.

Bunch of other info is scattered around the thread. Just a few pages back for more recent stuff that should help.

Easier setting will lower the general levels of enemies, but thats about it. So still will need to be careful in fights. As stuff will still be higher level than you. Just not as big of a gap as if you played on normal.

Also this title is not one you can rush through either, since you will need to take time out to get equipment from the ambush system and level your characters, where in this game is generally more time consuming than other titles.

From a previous post.
I can tell this game is going to be difficult already. Some early questions (i'm only a couple of hours in):

- What's the easiest way to earn cash? Seems to be sparse.
- Best starting party? I'm currently using Knight x 2, Fighter, Cleric, Wizard and Ranger.
- Any other tips and tricks i should know?

There is no easy way to earn cash really, its just selling whatever extra junk you have from ambushing. So just keep hitting up those ambush points and sell whatever you dont need. Exp, Gear and Cash all in one go.

There is no real "best" starting party as it depends if you know how to use the classes or not. Though the "basic" starting party in Exp Inc games are generally

Fighter, Knight, Samurai
Cleric, Wizard, (Dancer / Ninja / Ranger or another CLE / WIZ if you really want one)

Basic info on Class Changing.

• Your level will be halved after Class Changing.
  • You only can Class Change up to 5 times per character on a playthrough.
  • Get a Job to at least Lv 13 before Class Changing so you get the Skill Token (Additional Skill Slot to equip other learned class skills)
  • Class Changed characters get a bonus to their HP and MP so will have more HP / MP than a character who has not Class Changed at the same level / stats.
  • It costs $$$ to Class Change. I forget if the cost increases based on the characters level at the change or the # of times they changed. Think? It was level based.
  • You do not need to Class Change to beat the game. It is perfectly fine having a non Class Changed party. Though having characters who have Class Changed can make things easier.

Purpose on Class Changing is to learn skills from other classes which can be equipped in your skill slots. Like having a Cleric with Wizard spells, Fighter with Ninja Skills etc. You can check your skills / descriptions and level reqs at any time on the Mastery screen? I think, if thats not it am sure you will be able to find it on your own.

Giant wall of text, but stuff you should know in regards to what kind of options are available with Class Changing.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202184003&postcount=518

When making characters keep all of this in mind, also that if you are new to the genre, you will want to make characters that have at least 2 Life Points. The lower amount of starting bonus points doesnt really matter too much as you can make up for that with equipment and the spell buffs in game.

Ol4xpU3.png

1st Playthrough Max Stats = Starting racial stats value + 20
2nd Playthrough Max Stats = Starting racial stats value + 30
*Value doesnt change after that for the 3rd, 4th and 5th playthrough if you even bother to do them.

In regards to age general breakdown
10~19 Years:Max LP 3、Lowest Bonus Pts 3
20~39 Years:Max LP 2、Lowest Bonus Pts 5
40~59 Years:Max LP 2、Lowest Bonus Pts 7
60~99 Years:Max LP 1、Lowest Bonus Pts 10

STR - Attack damage (this is for all weapon types including bows)
INT - Mage spell damage / effectiveness + max MP
PIE - Cleric spell effectiveness + max MP
VIT - Defense and HP gain
AGI - Effects turn in combat, accuracy and dodge / Helps with Open Lock (trap disarm) rating also.
LUC - Effects various things, one important one is helps with protecting against bad status / chance of getting 1 hit killed. Also effects damage from non-elemental items such as explosive powder? and helps with Open Lock (trap disarm) rating.

------------

In regards to age general breakdown
10~19 Years:Max LP 3、Lowest Bonus Pts 3
20~39 Years:Max LP 2、Lowest Bonus Pts 5
40~59 Years:Max LP 2、Lowest Bonus Pts 7
60~99 Years:Max LP 1、Lowest Bonus Pts 10

One final tip is fill out your guild a bit with standby characters as they gain exp and small amounts of $$$ while you are gone. While it isnt much its better than nothing.

Oh yeah one more important thing, is the items in the shop they are limited so pay attention to the stock. The numbers under the backpack item represents how many you have. The shop will not restock in a single playthrough.

Also Rare items. DO NOT SELL or THROW THEM AWAY. Reason for caps is literally you will have no way of getting them back if you do that as they only drop once per playthrough. The shop keeper will tell you the same thing if you ask him about it. How do you get better stats on a rare item will be explained next.

You will meet a talking treasure chests with arms called a Mumic. By feeding it rare items from your inventory that you want to try for better stats, the Mumic makes the item able to re-drop from chests again. The problem is you need to carry the rare items on hand as you are unable to access your storage vault while in the dungeons.

So basically for example

+2 Bishoptls Hammer

Feed to Mumic

Ambush, Defeat Leader, Obtain Treasure Chest

+7 Bishoptls Hammer

Though the chance of the item becoming worse exists too. Which means feeding the Mumic the same item again. Mumic also appears both at random and from the static enemy points on the map. So its not like you will be able to call it up manually whenever you want. Which is what makes having to carry around the rare items a pain.

Parakeetman

Oh, don't get me wrong. The other art style is also good. Also I never played Demon Gaze... Was interested in it but never got around to it. How similar is that to this?

Demon Gaze is a bit different in the sense there is no permadeath, gather items is similar in the sense as it is done in set locations, but you use gems which 3 at a time can be placed to dictate what kind of treasures will drop after a fight.

Obtaining new slots for party members is done by buying rooms in the Inn for them. So you will start out only with your main character + 1 free party member. From there you will have to earn cash to buy the new rooms.

Returning from the dungeon refills HP / MP but you need to pay rent each time you return. So be sure to have cash on hand at all times.

Cash is earned same way as SOSC which is sell loot you dont need.

Items are upgraded using an ether engine? or something and you feed it items you dont need as reserve energy which can be pumped into equipment to raise the + stats to it.

So you have to make the choice of selling for cash or feeding the engine for upgrading your equipment.

Then there is the demon system, which is an additional AI controlled member of the party that can be summoned by the MC. It is on a time limit though and when that goes over the demon has the chance to go berserk and attack targets at random. Though this is also a tactic since it greatly increases their overall potential.

Demons also give passive abilities and such which you will be switching in and out. As long as you have them equipped you will gain the passive abilities. Slots increase as your levels do.

The one main downside some will have with the title is the fanservice heavy scenes. Which there are a few that appear in game. But outside of that the cast, writing and gameplay should keep you highly amused. Game is easier than SOSC for the most part till you get to the bosses at the end of the game / end game stuff.

Worth checking out if you do not mind some fan service, but want a solid DRPG to play.

Also Demon Gaze does not have class changing, but instead the Artifact system, which are gems that contain skills from other classes. These are limited in numbers per playthrough so generally you will be save scumming a bit on the summon circles with the artifact gems till you get the particular skill you want. The level of the skills to will depend on the dungeons you are in. Same with the item quality and such.

Top Bottom