• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Why is there so much rolento hate?
Cause I use him and I don't see how he's "cheap"

He's pretty cheap and I'm a Rolento user myself. Safe rekka that super easy to hit confirm. Jab, ch. jab. low forward rekka is so easy to link as well (I think someone on the TnT stream said +6 after the 2nd ch. jab). Pogo to catch people who forward role is also pretty useful in the early stage of the game.

And he built so much meter w/o needing to use any. Perfect battery for characters like Steve or Kaz or anyone else that has 450+ combo off one or two meter.

Also Rolento with power gem (active on special move) is pretty gdlk since miss rekka won't activate and hit one does. That equal more damage and you can even use that for hit confirm.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Go with the spooky mix of Rolento/Raven or try Rolento/Howarang *I cant spell this dudes name*

I was thinking about that..right now im running rolento akuma (circumstantially) cause they both have no ..pupils..yea go ahead make fun of me. Im learning steve but i just dont have the time to get him down right now so i was thinking maybe hugo or rog or gweelie..i know charge characters..or really any SF character at least for the time being. Hell any advice is welcome

You want to beat Rolento? Play Asuka. That jab pressure doesn't work for shit against her.

Delay jab can bait out her counter thing though. I was playing an Asuka earlier she got me with the counter thing like twice. 3rd time I just bait it out then low forward rekka her into tag cancel bring in Steve for the pain!

Does Jin have any reversal, like Kazuya's ex qcb punch?

Not exactly, his ex-power stance absorbs all attacks up to the end of its animation and will give him a counter hit for his next attack. He can cancel it into mental alertness and go straight into the LP strike which crumples on counter hit. The issue is you can be hit out of the attack in mental alertness so it's attack (as fast as it seems to be) can be difficult to time if they're spamming jabs. Still, you can get a huge combo if it hits.

Moaradin

So, Sven confirmed SFxT PC will use GFWL.

When will they fucking learn?

Well, SF4AE on PC is pretty good. It's probably the only game I don't mind GFWL. What they should do is allow cross platform play with Xbox live and PC. They did it before on Shadowrun, but this time there would be no advantage in controls since it's a fighting game. I don't know why they never thought about it.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
i just played a really good steve player that i beat..and i feel like a fucking fraud. he kept countering...and i sent him a message...steves counter is ass...i ..sort of feel bad..

Any Asuka tips?

I'm somewhat closer to figuring out how I can get better in this game (i.e learn some fucking combos) after some online practicing with a friend.

That mode is a godsend.

I want to use Asuka as one of my characters...but have little clue wtf to do.

I will get in the lab tomorrow and figure out some combos...hopefully.

Also is it just me or do you eventually get used to the sound drop after time?

/batteredwifesyndrome.

Mechazawa

Well, SF4AE on PC is pretty good. It's probably the only game I don't mind GFWL. What they should do is allow cross platform play with Xbox live and PC. They did it before on Shadowrun, but this time there would be no advantage in controls since it's a fighting game. I don't know why they never thought about it.

The last major Xbox update that improved voice quality for future 360 games I think actually broke cross-platform chat between 360 and PC users.

I think everyone, including Microsoft, is done supporting that feature, as much as I'd love them to keep it up.

Masaki_

This is probably the first time I agree with Capcom. GFWL was pretty good with AE.

The problem is that GFWL is becoming borderline archaic: very few companies are using it. It doesn't matter if it's not a complete disaster like some previous games who used it, when there are better alternatives. And that's not to say I never had any problems with AE PC, because I did.

I caught the tail end of Marn Vs Chen..hows Marns Steve?

Like everyone else lol. Ch. Strong until he gets a hit then goes into ducking foxhunt, ex sonic fang, ch. fierce, ducking skyscraper, ducking body, ducking hook, flicker.

The only thing I see Marn do different is that he sometimes goes ducking body, ducking hook wait then he does the ch. strong into ducking foxhunt. I guess a pseudo frame trap or just more time to confirm before he goes into ex. sonic fang.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
im slowly acquiescing to playing rolento and akuma..im pretty sure id like some of the tekken chars more but i just havent had the lab time and i just wanna play and get my feet wet.

Nabs

The problem is that GFWL is becoming borderline archaic: very few companies are using it. It doesn't matter if it's not a complete disaster like some previous games who used it, when there are better alternatives. And that's not to say I never had any problems with AE PC, because I did.

Don't worry, I hate GFWL almost as much.

kitzkozan

Combofiend is improving quickly and I'm really starting to love his King+Julia team. On the other hand, Gooteck is boring as fuck from a player perspective. I seldom enjoy his show with Ross and he's got the personality for it, but can't stand watching him play as he's as boring and uninspired as a good player can be. Gooteck was able to make MvC3 look anti hype. XD

Combofiend is improving quickly and I'm really starting to love his King+Julia team. On the other hand, Gooteck is boring as fuck from a player perspective. I seldom enjoy his show with Ross and he's got the personality for it, but can't stand watching him play as he's as boring and uninspired as a good player can be. Gooteck was able to make MvC3 look anti hype. XD

Gootecks plays the Watson style. Take your time wait for a opening get your damage in and get out.

Even in Third Strike Watson said that he would never look for a parry. Gootecks takes it to a whole another level with the meter obsessiveness.

Any Asuka tips?

I'm somewhat closer to figuring out how I can get better in this game (i.e learn some fucking combos) after some online practicing with a friend.

That mode is a godsend.

I want to use Asuka as one of my characters...but have little clue wtf to do.

I will get in the lab tomorrow and figure out some combos...hopefully.

Also is it just me or do you eventually get used to the sound drop after time?

/batteredwifesyndrome.

Make sure her partner is someone that can get in cause thats where Asuka shines. At long range Asuka is useless. She builds meter fast and she doesnt really need it to do damage. Cut down her chains in her BnBs to get more damage. Lastly, her j.HP is a great crossup.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Question for Law players -

I've been using simple abc launcher with my main char and then going into Law's back+mp, mp to start the ground bounce combos. In training it worked absolutely fine, but in real matches sometimes my back+mp makes him run under the launched character. Is there a specific timing for certain chars due to size? On Ryu training dummy it seemed to work 100% even when mashing mp, but in a match on Ken it even went under.

RS4-

Is there a titles list somewhere? The guide doesn't have it and I wanted to figure out how to unlock the non trial/story based ones.

Moaradin

I'm starting to love the game. I played online again and was able to get a 10 win streak. The online is actually really good outside of the sound bug. If they manage to fix that, I would love it.

Ploid 3.0

i just played a really good steve player that i beat..and i feel like a fucking fraud. he kept countering...and i sent him a message...steves counter is ass...i ..sort of feel bad..

I hope you at least complimented him on his skills first. If you just said that thing about the counter it'll seem like you're just pouring salt on the wounds.

Top Bottom