• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

TGMIII

It hasn't even been a full week, you people are crazy. Remember sent at the start of mvc3, now he gets hit shit bodied unless you're godlike with him.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Cue week one sentinel talk

Edit: beaten.

Also, I played a whole bunch of matches online tonight. Netcode is solid as a rock for me.

TGMIII

I just don't see how you can start complaining about characters already, yeah maybe hugo will be a problem in 5-6months/year who knows, but then again those same people that cry just wait for tech to be discovered and x-copy rather than work shit out on their own.

rac

Banned
Hugo just fits the game perfectly. His combos are short so they don't get hit with the damage scaling that other peoples combos have to deal with. That and he does so much damage to begin with.

i guess so. I'm not really talking about his character tool set, it's more the damage itself. If he hits you just once he can turn it into 40-50+% damage and his pressure with clap to low jab is unreal. The splash thing isn't really hugos problem imo, but i bet we'll see solutions soon enough.

Man, I hope someone finds some secret hidden tech to deal with Hugo. He is ridiculous.

Only a matter of time. High damage output characters are always god like to start with until people work out the other characters and start putting out the same sort of damage results albeit with harder execution. Then you basically have no difference, except Hugo is still slower and still has a huge hurt box.

i23mix

Just got my SE copy today. A lot of force was used to put together the coin bank. They made the tabs too big for the slots.

DyAqG.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
Okay, after spinning some training mode some more.. think i might have my team. King/Hugo. Synergy works well (611 damage combo using 2 bars), and I like both characters. Now for the real test...

alba

Little is the new Big
I need to get invited to the PS3 scrubs chat at some point, I have the old one but it's empty, oh noes! :D Add me: alba17

K.Sabot

Seems pretty strong, Alioune plays her, she has great AA options and good footies for a Tekken character, a real meter whore though.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

HUH?

Anti-air or Air to air? Because if it's air to air, then yes she has decent options in her j.mp ---- j.hp target combo.

Westlo

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

HUH?

Anti-air or Air to air? Because if it's air to air, then yes she has decent options in her j.mp ---- j.hp target combo.

st mk as well as her down forward roundhouse combined with her air throw (+target combo in air) means Lili has better AA options, grounded and air than most of the cast. st mk and df roundhouse crush air attacks and the later can lead to 400 damage off the juggle. Not to mention LP and EX Counter work against air attacks.

No need to act like Lili is Asuka when it comes to AA, she isn't.... Asscars AA is ass.

Lili gets some pretty good damage off her Andante (that df.hk? move?) and it seems to AA for free, at the expense of moving her forward slightly, making some well spaced jump-ins go right over and leaving her super vulnerable.

Ferrio

Banned
I need to stop going for Kings Rising knee move from jump ins... whiff it a lot cause they're ducking and stuff.

That said his reversals are great... and actually act as reliable AAs.

I wanna try some real 2v2's with psners :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I need to stop going for Kings Rising knee move from jump ins... whiff it a lot cause they're ducking and stuff.

That said his reversals are great... and actually act as reliable AAs.

I wanna try some real 2v2's with psners :(

We have 4 right now, so it would be odd man out at the moment

Morris

Disco Devil
Man steve is so fucking good. *just like tekken*

He has a tough ass time landing a hit, but when he does, say goodbye to 50-60% of your lifebar lol.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

HUH?

Eh, she has really decent anti airs, cr FP and her reversal, you can do a nice 300~ dmg combo if you AA with her EX DP thing.

Seems pretty strong, Alioune plays her, she has great AA options and good footies for a Tekken character, a real meter whore though.

That isn't really an issue, she builds meter like crazy...

DRE Fei

I'm going back to Raven/Ryu for the time being, but I need to learn Ogre too because his anti-air is amazing. The jumping in this game is really annoying when your character can't beat it. That's why I had to quit Julia. Her damage is good, but her anti-air sucks and it's a real pain dealing with this army of Rolento footsies online.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
He has a tough ass time landing a hit, but when he does, say goodbye to 50-60% of your lifebar lol.

Yeah I gotta get better at reacting to his fast ass shit

I had to quit Julia. her anti-air sucks

LOLOL NO waaaaaaaaaaaaaay no wayyyyyyyyyyyyy no her anti air is fucking amazing.

down HP vs mid range, lk upkick vs close range, back dash vs cross overs

Oh and julia's anti air is better than ogres btw

smurfx

get some go again
since this game is going to have so many final fight characters then capcom should just go ahead and make final fight vs street fighter. that way sodom can be in another fighting game again.

LOl Floe had a 20 game win streak then Jay had to remake the lobby and now he's at 35. So that's 55 straight wins for Floe.

Damn... I guess online warriors can't random their win to victory over pros in this game. =0

Dartastic

What is Julia's best normal anti-air? This game really relies on those, and Rolento's godlike normal anti-air is making me wish I liked him as a character. :/

Also, I STILL haven't gotten any good recommendations as to a second good pair for Juila. I'm thinking I should just go with Hugo. Hah.

Top Bottom