• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

I'm starting to love the game. I played online again and was able to get a 10 win streak. The online is actually really good outside of the sound bug. If they manage to fix that, I would love it.

My win streak was taken away due to d/c.

THANKS COMCAST!

(was about to hit 20...)

Poison: Why the fuck can't I get the third hit on Whip of Love ever? My timing must be abysmal. I'm a Tekken guy who hasn't played much Street Fighter since Third Strike, so I'm finding myself struggling with most combos once they get past a few hits and incorporate specials. Guess I just need to put a lot more time in.

Nose Master

Poison: Why the fuck can't I get the third hit on Whip of Love ever? My timing must be abysmal. I'm a Tekken guy who hasn't played much Street Fighter since Third Strike, so I'm finding myself struggling with most combos once they get past a few hits and incorporate specials. Guess I just need to put a lot more time in.

Rekkas are weird. The timing feels like you just input the 3 rekkas in a solid rhythm, almost before the second one even comes out.

Also, Wong is making Rufus look real good on this stream. God damn.

Dartastic

I'm loving playing as Julia. Such a fun character. Now I just need to find a second character that I like to devote my time to. Blaaaaargh. Suggestions?

kitzkozan

Rekkas are weird. The timing feels like you just input the 3 rekkas in a solid rhythm, almost before the second one even comes out.

Also, Wong is making Rufus look real good on this stream. God damn.

Wong is the quickest player in the US to get a firm grasp of how it should be played as usual. :] Although Combofiend seems to know what he's doing outside of execution errors. Lot's of players like to hold down back and he's opening them up with the shining wizard. Ross just got the knack with big strong characters and using their normals at the right moment. I'm liking Marduk far more than I expected, especially those far reaching normals which deal solid damage.

RS4-

Replay system is a step back from AE I suppose.

You can't manually upload replays or something; instead you can broadcast your room but who joins it is completely random unless you actually invite people.

All this for a stupid achievement lol.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
My first night with the game, friend of mine brought it over. Yeah, can't justify buying it with KoF XIII in my rotation. Poor Hugo lost all his nimbleness but damn, Poison looks sick.

Man, every time I watch fighting game streams it makes me want to go out and buy it. This looks like so much fun. But I want to wait until all the DLC comes out and/or if they do a Super edition of some sort. Must...resist...urge to buy. :(

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Man, every time I watch fighting game streams it makes me want to go out and buy it. This looks like so much fun. But I want to wait until all the DLC comes out and/or if they do a Super edition of some sort. Must...resist...urge to buy. :(

Well there's not going to be a "Super" edition that forces you to buy a new disc... if you want to trust Based Capcom, ah hah ;D

meetmesomewherevr0n6.gif

jk. On a serious note though you should get it. It is just as fun as it looks. If you want to wait for the DLC you could potentially have to wait more than half a year. And there is a good chance that there wont be a super edition.

TGMIII

Rufus/heihachi is working out pretty well for me so far but I'm still planning on subbing one of them out for lili or juri since I can see either of those two being amazing down the line.

On a serious note though you should get it. It is just as fun as it looks. If you want to wait for the DLC you could potentially have to wait more than half a year. And there is a good chance that there wont be a super edition.

I was burned when I bought MvC3 at full price when it came out. Never again!
My willpower will probably last a week at most.

njean777

Weird thing I noticed, when I play arcade and with online turned on, I find the battles to be more balanced. I didnt get put up against 800BP when I had 0. I got my BP up to 368 or so which left me with a feeling that I must be doing something right. Just need to work on alpha counters, juggles, and when to time my punishes.

I usually don't play heavy characters but i'm freaking loving murduk.
Back fist into ex command grab takes like 35%.
I'm rocking poison and marduk.

Bronson on the FinestKO stream vs Ricky. o.0

I guess Bronson is leaving Namco for Capcom.

12 years down the drain. Ouch!

Edit: Marn makes the funniest/stupidest decisions some times. haha

"Bronson on the FinestKO stream vs Ricky. o.0"

Bronson said he wants to take this game seriously, at least for a bit, because he doesn't feel like his results at Cross Assault are indicative of what he's capable of. But he said he's not giving up on Tekken, though.

Top Bottom