• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Venfayth

Has anyone tried out those Xiaoyu combos with stance canceled sweep juggles? Just curious how tough it is to do and I don't have my stick here to try it.

This is what I've been doing -

There are four pretty easy spots to get a sweep juggle going:

1. Anti-air
2. Xiao's overhead
3. Xiao's EX Shooting Star (full screen fireball punish -> 480 damage? i'll take it)
4. Your partners launcher

For the actual execution of it, I hold downback, hit roundhouse, hit 3 punches, let stick go to neutral, then do downback, downback, and hold downback the second time, then do roundhouse then 3 punches again, etc.

Meier

I was very surprised that the commercial I saw on TV referred to this as "Street Fighter Cross Tekken." I've always just said X when I saw this sort of thing in games.. I imagine they're just going to confuse all but the most hardcore fans to be honest but then again, that may be the only people who buy fighting games now.

Threi

notag
oh these stupid vega/bison swag combos that make no sense how i love them

tag cancelling from ex walldive followup into hell attack like a fucking BOSS

mr_boo

This is what I've been doing -

There are four pretty easy spots to get a sweep juggle going:

1. Anti-air
2. Xiao's overhead
3. Xiao's EX Shooting Star (full screen fireball punish -> 480 damage? i'll take it)
4. Your partners launcher

For the actual execution of it, I hold downback, hit roundhouse, hit 3 punches, let stick go to neutral, then do downback, downback, and hold downback the second time, then do roundhouse then 3 punches again, etc.
Thanks for the technique tip...I have yet to execute it once...from one of the vids I thought I saw something like:

Forward MK, QCB MP, Crouching Roundhouse Cancel x 6

Venfayth

Thanks for the technique tip...I have yet to execute it once...from one of the vids I thought I saw something like:

Forward MK, QCB MP, Crouching Roundhouse Cancel x 6

Yeah, interesting property of Hakkesho is that if it hits a ground bounced character model, it will extend the ground bounce. It's only really good for moving them towards a corner, damage and meter wise it'll generate less if you use a Hakkesho before going in to sweeps.

mr_boo

Yeah, interesting property of Hakkesho is that if it hits a ground bounced character model, it will extend the ground bounce. It's only really good for moving them towards a corner, damage and meter wise it'll generate less if you use a Hakkesho before going in to sweeps.
Ah, good to know. Before the game came out, I had decided on Ling due her being my main in Tekken. It's proving to be really challenging using her though in this game. I don't know everything about the other players thus far, but I think Ling's degree of difficulty must be one of the highest in this game. 900 health, seamless stance to special move, crouching roundhouse cancel, 1 frame combos....

Anyways, it's all fun.

Venfayth

Ah, good to know. Before the game came out, I had decided on Ling due her being my main in Tekken. It's proving to be really challenging using her though in this game. I don't know everything about the other players thus far, but I think Ling's degree of difficulty must be one of the highest in this game. 900 health, seamless stance to special move, crouching roundhouse cancel, 1 frame combos....

Anyways, it's all fun.

I completely agree. If you cancel a whiffed normal into a stance by accident you'd better be ready to jump away, because unintentionally going in to a stance is incredibly dangerous. She has a pretty big learning curve. Not to mention she doesn't have that many good normals. Her long-range pokes are SO slow and can easily be counter hit. Oh and no reversal.

mr_boo

I completely agree. If you cancel a whiffed normal into a stance by accident you'd better be ready to jump away, because unintentionally going in to a stance is incredibly dangerous. She has a pretty big learning curve. Not to mention she doesn't have that many good normals. Her long-range pokes are SO slow and can easily be counter hit. Oh and no reversal.
The only normal pokes I trust right now are Standing LP & Standing MP (something I picked up watching ChrisG play). I haven't even found a partner yet...right now leaning towards Marduk (he's not Gief/Hugo, he seems like he's got pretty good range, 1000 health and DP LP seems like a good anti-air).

Edit: Plus, Duk's execution to damage output doesn't seem too difficult.

Venfayth

The only normal pokes I trust right now are Standing LP & Standing MP (something I picked up watching ChrisG play). I haven't even found a partner yet...right now leaning towards Marduk (he's not Gief/Hugo, he seems like he's got pretty good range, 1000 health and DP LP seems like a good anti-air).

Yup. My footsie game plan right now with her is far stand mp xx phoenix stance -> wave crest. Wave crest is safe on block. You can also use her far stand mk to move yourself forward and mess with peoples jump trajectories, but you can't stance cancel it..

MoxManiac

I haven't played online yet but I hope Hugo isn't being used online a lot. I mained Hugo in 3s all throughout the game's life (where he was bottom tier), so I consider myself a "legitimate" Hugo user, whatever that means, heh. I'd hate to be accused of spamming a top tier character.

galvatron

I haven't played online yet but I hope Hugo isn't being used online a lot. I mained Hugo in 3s all throughout the game's life (where he was bottom tier), so I consider myself a "legitimate" Hugo user, whatever that means, heh. I'd hate to be accused of spamming a top tier character.

I'm in the same boat...still, I just consider his current high tier status as reparations for getting bodied for over a decade.

He'll be upper-mid tier at best after people learn the game better

Imm0rt4l

Hugo is the most common character you'll come across online, sorry.

Does the SFxT brady guide or any site have frame data yet? I want to have something on me so I know what's safe and punishable in this game.

I was very surprised that the commercial I saw on TV referred to this as "Street Fighter Cross Tekken." I've always just said X when I saw this sort of thing in games.. I imagine they're just going to confuse all but the most hardcore fans to be honest but then again, that may be the only people who buy fighting games now.
...that's how it's said, no?

Yes the guide does but it's not 100% accurate.

Damn it, well if it's mostly right then I can live with that. Can I find it in a Barnes and Noble or other book shops or do I have to order it online?

EDIT: Forget it, I see that I can download the digital version. That's good enough for me.

zlatko

Banned
Damn it, well if it's mostly right then I can live with that. Can I find it in a Barnes and Noble or other book shops or do I have to order it online?

They should have it. You can always call before you trek out to make sure.

I got mine from Gamestop. It's worth every penny imo.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I have no problems fighting any character but Hugo. Those 50/50 mixups and all it takes is one little hit to potentially take away at least 25% of your life. Have to play really lame against him which goes against my gungho style.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Is it wrong for me to not main Rolento and Hugo because they are annoying character to deal with?

I meant I always want Hugo to be in SSF4 but I was happy that they made SF3 OE even it isn't that great. Now Hugo finally shown up in other game, so problem?

and I love Rolento because he have great poke system and rekka.

sleepykyo

You´ll see him all day. Easily the most popular secondary .

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
He's a stupid character for sure.

Hugo is a certainly a man of extremes. From underdog to top dog just like that. I really should be taking more pleasure from his ascension but alas I preferred him flying under the radar. He's like Zangief when SF4 first dropped.

edit: heh just saw some of the old guard Hugo Army voicing the same kind of feelings. Don't worry, this version isn't really Hugo. No Gigas, No Hugo.

zlatko

Banned
You´ll see him all day. Easily the most popular secondary .

I do see him quite often as the second spot. He makes great comebacks too.

I think the character I run into the most personally is Ryu or Ken. The one that is currently my biggest problem to fight though is Rufus.

#fuckRufus

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I have no problems fighting any character but Hugo. Those 50/50 mixups and all it takes is one little hit to potentially take away at least 25% of your life. Have to play really lame against him which goes against my gungho style.

Let's play today Kadey :p

Top Bottom