• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

CO_Andy

Is it just me or is Poison really terrible in this game?

I can't seem to find any really damaging combos for her, and the timing on her rekkas are mildly difficult.

V_Arnold

I can't seem to find any really damaging combos for her, and the timing on her rekkas are mildly difficult.

I think the rekkas are very, very easy to do. But she is good. I hope people will be able to look past the damage numbers, as any non-braindead setup can lead to 450-500 damage with max one meter used up, or two at worst. Yes, with a tag, ofc.

Poison can zone and control space VERY well, and her standing fierce is GAWDLIKE.

sleepykyo

Hugo is a certainly a man of extremes. From underdog to top dog just like that. I really should be taking more pleasure from his ascension but alas I preferred him flying under the radar. He's like Zangief when SF4 first dropped.

edit: heh just saw some of the old guard Hugo Army voicing the same kind of feelings. Don't worry, this version isn't really Hugo. No Gigas, No Hugo.
I think grapplers will get weaker but it won't be as pronounced . Now grapplers don't have to get in.

1. Cammy or Rufus can do it for them.
or
2. The grappler comes in after Dahlism or Guile get the lead .

Ferrio

Banned

I find she's terrible, she does nothing that no other character can do better.

Just started the game for the first time and... i have Ogre and Akuma? so every character is unlocked from the start?!

Yes and no. Every free character is available. There are DLC characters that are right on the disc, but I'm guessing we will have to pay for those to get them unlocked. Maybe some or all will be free on the PS3 version depending on whether Sony paid for them or not. But yeah, don't worry about beating the game 10 times to unlock more characters thankfully. I remember when I got SF4 on PC, it was already a dreadful experience on PS3. But to go through it again was painful.

Joke post? If yes then you got me.

meh bored doing work, decided to make a quick Hugo AV if anyone wants

i5rxvRuKkmggq.jpg

Lets go Hugo army!

Degen

Behold. Upon besting GAF's own SephirothRK on the field of battle, I have established myself as Undisputed King of FighterGAF.

What's your coolest combo?

fMK(chained), MK xx EX Upkicks, jFP, cFP SJC Spin Kicks H, LP, MK xx Spin Kicks M, Raida L

King: j.HK, knee, knee, knee, knee, super

Hugo: bodyslam, cr.M, light clap, cr.M, light clap, super

I realize that they're pretty advanced but I assure you that they are 100% possible.

MoxManiac

Behold. Upon besting GAF's own SephirothRK on the field of battle, I have established myself as Undisputed King of FighterGAF.

King: j.HK, knee, knee, knee, knee, super

Hugo: bodyslam, cr.M, light clap, cr.M, light clap, super

I realize that they're pretty advanced but I assure you that they are 100% possible.

Hey Degen, for hugo, try cr.M, light clap, cr. M, light lariat, st.lk, light backbreaker (or super)

Also in corner, you can do cr.M, light clap, cr. M, light lariat, st.lk, light clap, light backbreaker (or super)

I've played this game a disgusting amount. Hugo is not that popular online. Shotos, Rolento, Kazuya, Heihachi, Jin, Gief, Juri, Chun...I see them all way more than Hugo. I'm also overjoyed that he's good, cuz he's the entire reason I bought this stupid game. Well, him and Poison. I love her but I can't do shit with her. :(

Have they put up any new colors yet? The inability to "mute" other people's color edits is a major oversight. I've had too many confusing mirror matches cuz some guy just changed the color of, say, Rufus's gloves and nothing else. It's also awful when characters are painted entirely black. It makes them harder to read.

I don't like how online eats inputs. HCB should not turn into DP.

Whew, I'm glad this is happening to someone else. I thought I might be crazy. I've had that happen far too often. It's especially bad with Poison. Love Me Tender is safe. Kissed By a Goddess isn't. :(

Wizpig

Yes and no. Every free character is available. There are DLC characters that are right on the disc, but I'm guessing we will have to pay for those to get them unlocked. Maybe some or all will be free on the PS3 version depending on whether Sony paid for them or not. But yeah, don't worry about beating the game 10 times to unlock more characters thankfully. I remember when I got SF4 on PC, it was already a dreadful experience on PS3. But to go through it again was painful.

Joke post? If yes then you got me.
Not a joke, i wasn't even thinking about Elena etc.

I just want Megaman and Pacman... and yeah, i thought you needed to work for super duper cool darkz characters like Akuma or Ogre.

Thanks ;) trying to learn Chun and Cammy.

ShadowNinja64

Neo Member
Hey Degen, for hugo, try cr.M, light clap, cr. M, light lariat, st.lk, light backbreaker (or super)

Also in corner, you can do cr.M, light clap, cr. M, light lariat, st.lk, light clap, light backbreaker (or super)

For that midscreen combo, change the end to (c.LP or s.LK) XX M Clap, M Backbreaker.

As for my current favorite combo as far as style goes, it'd be something like this (Jin to Juri):
j.HK, c.MP, b+MP HP XX EX Power Stance XX d+KK XX MP, dash forward c.MP, b+MP HP XX Special Step Uppercut, step forward s.MK XX Special Step Uppercut TAG c.HP jc j.HP, s.HP XX Fireball store.

cHaotix8

Online on this game is horribly unplayable. I'd be looking to play some Gaffers if that wasn't so. :(

This is my swole Cammy combo: j.HK > cl. HK xx TKCS > cl. HP > cl. HP xx EX. spiral arrow > cr. MP > far HP xx HK DP. Does something like 460 for 1 bar and looks super tight.

Horseress

"Seth Killian
SFxT news on X360 pair play, DLC, and more coming in parts, first later today on @capcom-Unity, then more tomorrow morning."

On twitter!
The hype train begins!

brian

via Seth Killian's twitter:

"SFxT news on X360 pair play, DLC, and more coming in parts, first later today on @Capcom-Unity, then more tomorrow morning."

edit: jinx

LowParry

Soooo...updates as in game updates or info updates? Very glad to see that they've listened and heard what's going on. I'll be on later today to play some games online. If Kadey puts a lobby on up on 360, I'll probably hang out in there.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wow at Pac Man's back.

Awesome stuff

h3ro

Sounds like good news for 360 owners. Don't see any reason why they would mention the pair play issue only to say "yeah we are not fixing it."

Funny thing is, that's exactly what I'm expecting, along with some ham-fisted explanation of why they aren't able to do so.

this means an online sound patch?

I'm guessing it'll be more of an explanation on why we're experience the sound cutting out and that they'll try to fix what they can without adding too much lag.

The update just went up on Capcom Unity. It looks to me like they just made a new excuse for not having couch co-op on Live, while making no mention of ever patching it in... cool!

Secondly, we’ve been asked by some players of the Xbox 360 version about the 4-player co-op mode and why it doesn’t work when two players team up (locally) and attempt to play online. Unfortunately, due to time and resource issues, we weren’t able to get that feature into the Xbox 360 version and we apologize to those players who were looking forward to it. Throughout the development process, there are times when new features are added (and we added a lot of them!) and there are also times where we have to make tough decisions regarding things to cut. This was one of those times.

Ugn...

"the problem is that hugo is not a grappler. would the hugo bandwagoners really be sad if he no longer had his spd? and i don't think i've seen a single ultra throw used ever yet."

Ultra throw has a 10 frame startup, you're not going to see it often. You don't even get particularly good combos off of it. Moonsault Press is a necessity, though.

"the problem is that hugo is not a grappler. would the hugo bandwagoners really be sad if he no longer had his spd? and i don't think i've seen a single ultra throw used ever yet."

Ultra throw has a 10 frame startup, you're not going to see it often. You don't even get particularly good combos off of it.
i understand this, but it only strengthens my point that he is not a grappler.

there are tons of characters in sf3/4 that have command throws. you wouldn't call them all grapplers.

For people struggling with alpha counters, remember that in order to get it off you not only have to input it while you're in blockstun, but also while you're in the hit freeze state.

Top Bottom