• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I know this is a pipedream... What if they decided to release some dlc early because of the drama surrounding the release.

Also, give us all the color edit stuff in one download please. Why give us a color edit mode that has little to no options...

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I know this is a pipedream... What if they decided to release some dlc early because of the drama surrounding the release.

I am not sure if they'd piss off Sony by releasing THE TWELVE before Vitaday.

But perhaps they would release Megaman and Pac-Man 360 way early to appear to be throwing a bone.

Edit: I assumed the free color edit packs was just a gimmick to get people to go into the store and see what's there.

brian

There is no chance they release DLC characters early or PM/MM on 360. Sony paid a lot of money to get this stuff exclusive, so Capcom's hands are likely tied there.

I certainly don't expect it will be anything like them going out of their way to appease people who are pissed about everything else. It will probably just be an announcement on when we can expect the color packs.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the 2 v. 2 mode is that Super Smash Bros. thing with 4 characters on screen?

Correcting you. The 2v2 that people are raving about is the standard tag format, except a person controls every character. What you're referring to is Scramble Mode, with all four characters on the screen at once.

Jumped online for the first time yesterday to play some matches, and all but one were lagless for the most part. Sound bug was annoying, but I didn't feel it affected my (low) level of play. Ran into someone named CapcomCEO that was using a very trollish Megaman and Pacman team, lol. The thing that bugged me the most was that matchmaking sometimes takes FOREVER! That's a serious drag, man.

I need GAF PS3 chat access! Let me in! PSN: Jo_Jo_X
Regular, scrubs, doesn't matter, I'll play anyone! Free wins!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I played a single online match and i got so exposes, beasted and pwnd that depressed me. (I even got perfected on Round 2)

MThanded

There is no chance they release DLC characters early or PM/MM on 360. Sony paid a lot of money to get this stuff exclusive, so Capcom's hands are likely tied there.

I certainly don't expect it will be anything like them going out of their way to appease people who are pissed about everything else. It will probably just be an announcement on when we can expect the color packs.

This I know. Hence it being a pipedream

Where the hell is my copy. I still haven't got it yet ;_;

Was wondering about Vega since I'm going to have him in front, what kind of combo opportunities do you get off of a RCF switch cancel? It looks a free jump in, but I'm not 100%. Can I go into my 2nd characters BnB or is there hit stun decay on it? Aside from Rolento, who does a good job of building meter, particularly off a launcher? How waifu is Julia?

Really hope this comes in tomorrow.

Just wondering what other Kazuya players are doing as far as hit confirms off a jump in or when they're really close to there opponent? Instead of doing chain combos, I'm doing cr. LP, cr. MP, cr. LK, slaughter hook, whatever. I can plink cr. MP so that makes it even easier since it's already a 2 frame link and after that you have forever(3 or 4 frames according to the frame data) to link cr. LK or MK into slaughter hook. I use LK instead because it is less likely to make the slaughter hook's 2nd hit whiff.

I come from a SF background so this is what I'm more comfortable with. When I try doing chain combos(mainly the Agony Spear) into slaughter hook I find myself finishing the combo without confirming because I guess I feel it's all happening too quickly.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Also, give us all the color edit stuff in one download please. Why give us a color edit mode that has little to no options...
It does sound like meme material: Scumbag Dev

* Implements Color Edit *
* Doesnt provide colors *

zlatko

Banned
Just wondering what other Kazuya players are doing as far as hit confirms off a jump in or when they're really close to there opponent? Instead of doing chain combos, I'm doing cr. LP, cr. MP, cr. LK, slaughter hook, whatever. I can plink cr. MP so that makes it even easier since it's already a 2 frame link and after that you have forever(3 or 4 frames according to the frame data) to link cr. LK or MK into slaughter hook. I use LK instead because it is less likely to make the slaughter hook's 2nd hit whiff.

I come from a SF background so this is what I'm more comfortable with. When I try doing chain combos(mainly the Agony Spear) into slaughter hook I find myself finishing the combo without confirming because I guess I feel it's all happening too quickly.

It varies. If I don't have meter I tend to do 2-3 stand jabs, crouching MK, into QCF LP OR mist step kick punch.

Other times I'll do the back LK LP chain combo that ends on a kick that knocks them down, and if they are blocking all of it I'll add in a stand HP into ex hook, or tag cancel to make it safe.

If you are close though try crouching MP crouching MP, crouching MK, mist into MP.

Make sure to have frequent use of back LK or MK for over head, and if you know they are going to roll on wake up, do a back HK from a far as they roll to usually catch them or at least you will be safe since you hit them with the tip.

The better you get with mist step though the more things you can do to just do a block string, step, start the string again/throw/block, to keep pressure on.

Wizpig

Correcting you. The 2v2 that people are raving about is the standard tag format, except a person controls every character. What you're referring to is Scramble Mode, with all four characters on the screen at once.

Jumped online for the first time yesterday to play some matches, and all but one were lagless for the most part. Sound bug was annoying, but I didn't feel it affected my (low) level of play. Ran into someone named CapcomCEO that was using a very trollish Megaman and Pacman team, lol. The thing that bugged me the most was that matchmaking sometimes takes FOREVER! That's a serious drag, man.

I need GAF PS3 chat access! Let me in! PSN: Jo_Jo_X
Regular, scrubs, doesn't matter, I'll play anyone! Free wins!
Ahhh, that blows.

Is it the general opinion that this "Scramble Mode" is shit (not "the shit") or is there some fun to be had? my first impression was really bad; can't wait to try the real 2 vs. 2 though.

Also, one thing that i really think is baaaad is the customization: they aren't going to sell us colours, are they? i only have black, white, grey...

LakeEarth

I'm still new to the Kazuya play. I've been doing a lot of c.lk x 2-3 into slaughter hook. Less damage, but it's always good to start from a low. I also keep doing his d.mp -> d.mp -> d.mk into nothing cause I fuck up the mist step motion (or I get it, hit a button too early and completely miss in front of their face).

Zlatko, what kind of block strings have you been doing into mist step pressure? I've been doing a lot of d.mk into buffered mist step but maybe there's something better.

Ahhh, that blows.

Is it the general opinion that this "Scramble Mode" is shit (not "the shit") or is there some fun to be had? my first impression was really bad; can't wait to try the real 2 vs. 2 though.

Also, one thing that i really think is baaaad is the customization: they aren't going to sell us colours, are they? i only have black, white, grey...

Scramble Mode has some depth/strategy to it, but it's mostly projectile spam vs armor. Colors were announced to be a free update...but who knows when.

MThanded

cbxqm.png

QbFzw.gif

LakeEarth

I'm beginning to learn the importance of hard knockdowns in this game. You can't roll, you can't quick rise. All you can do is eat this mix-up. Really powerful in this game. I highly suggest learning both highest damage combos and ones that lead to hard knockdowns for your characters.

Fersis

MTHanded follows me on twitter? *V__V*

It varies. If I don't have meter I tend to do 2-3 stand jabs, crouching MK, into QCF LP OR mist step kick punch.

Other times I'll do the back LK LP chain combo that ends on a kick that knocks them down, and if they are blocking all of it I'll add in a stand HP into ex hook, or tag cancel to make it safe.

If you are close though try crouching MP crouching MP, crouching MK, mist into MP.

Make sure to have frequent use of back LK or MK for over head, and if you know they are going to roll on wake up, do a back HK from a far as they roll to usually catch them or at least you will be safe since you hit them with the tip.

The better you get with mist step though the more things you can do to just do a block string, step, start the string again/throw/block, to keep pressure on.

Yeah there are a lot of things I need to work on. Right now I'm pretty much playing him like a SF character as much as possible. I pressure with cr. MK > LK Rising kick and use links instead of chains to hit confirm. I really like the links he has so I have no reason to stop using those. But I definitely need to apply some different pressure with his chains and his unique attacks like the two overheads and that B+MP and B+HK he has which I'm still unsure of as far as what they do.

Any idea what they're saying? Is SFxT selling well over there and how is the Japanese FGC receiving it, especially the top guys like those 3 and the rest of them?

Oh and it's amazing how them just getting on to play a bit and chit chat gets 4k+ viewers. They need to do it more to make that pay-puh.

Well I didn't stick around to watch the whole thing but Mago was teaching someone advanced Rufus combos.It's still good to see Japan taking an interest in the game.Last two Topanga TV sessions have been non-stop SFxT.

brian

back LK->LP->MK->LP or LK is my favorite of Kazuya's attack strings. A little slow to start up but he steps forward on the first move so you can kind of use it as a poke to get in. It also isn't safe on block, but you get to choose if the last hit is a mid or a low so the opponent has to guess correctly even if they are blocking (both options hard knockdown on hit). Also keep in mind that the LP finisher will not combo, so if you are hitting with the first 3 moves of the string, finish with LK.

I'm beginning to learn the importance of hard knockdowns in this game. You can't roll, you can't quick rise. All you can do is eat this mix-up. Really powerful in this game. I highly suggest learning both highest damage combos and ones that lead to hard knockdowns for your characters.

what are the hard knockdowns?? I thought you could roll out of everything

LakeEarth

what are the hard knockdowns?? I thought you could roll out of everything

I thought you couldn't roll after hard knockdowns. Is that wrong?

Every character has a different array of hard knockdowns. For Kazuya, his step kick like overhead causes a hard knockdown (ground bounce on counterhit). The guide suggested finishing combos with mist step lp uppercut to down kick followup because it lead to a hard knockdown.

MThanded

Quote from an interview with Capcom's SVP of planning and business development Christian Svensson
Q:There’s been a recent explosion over Street Fighter X Tekken having downloadable content already on the disc. Was it more of a PR situation where you have to be better explaining to fans upfront what is going on with something like this?

A:
It came down to a development process issue more than anything. I wish it had been done differently. I think it just becomes -- the rationality of what content costs to make and how you fund that content doesn’t come into play here for the consumer. It’s an emotional issue that I think we need to be sensitive to.

The other part of this is we could have had a better communication strategy around this back at the outset. Left to their own devices, consumers will always jump to the worst possible conclusion. I think what you’ll see in the coming weeks the conclusions that were jumped to were not the correct ones.

I'm interested to know what that underlined part means

zlatko

Banned
Yeah there are a lot of things I need to work on. Right now I'm pretty much playing him like a SF character as much as possible. I pressure with cr. MK > LK Rising kick and use links instead of chains to hit confirm. I really like the links he has so I have no reason to stop using those. But I definitely need to apply some different pressure with his chains and his unique attacks like the two overheads and that B+MP and B+HK he has which I'm still unsure of as far as what they do.

Like stated above his back + HK is actually an over head, but 100% looks like you can just block it courching since he steps forward with a giant as reaching kick that is going low. If it connects it's a hard knock down, no roll for the, you go in to mix up pressure. They hit a button during it? Counter hit gives you a ground bounce to start that juicy hook damage.

Right now I save it for when people are low on health and are desperate to tag out. I'll win lots of rounds with it especially if they try to roll to go for a tag. Abuse the shit out of this move once or twice in a fight.

Mileena

Banned
Anyone else feel like King's command grab is complete shit? Slow startup, sometimes just doesn't even connect for no reason and you can get hit out of it by anything

"Anyone else feel like King's command grab is complete shit? Slow startup, sometimes just doesn't even connect for no reason and you can get hit out of it by anything"

He has two command grabs, one only grabs crouching and the other only grabs standing. The startup is pretty huge, though.

zlatko

Banned
Anyone else feel like King's command grab is complete shit? Slow startup, sometimes just doesn't even connect for no reason and you can get hit out of it by anything

The only one I managed to make good use of is the ex crouch command grab where you walk on them.

TBH King sucks online. He may have more use in local play where you can have better reads on your opponent in a longer set.

vg260

Quote from an interview with Capcom's SVP of planning and business development Christian Svensson

I'm interested to know what that underlined part means

It probably has to do with DLC needing to be planned out way in advance and it being cost prohibitive to end development, then pick up and start on DLC characters later. or perhaps they immediately got working on Darkstalkers?

I personally don't care when they were worked on as long as it doesn't hinder the core game, which it might have done going by the xbox 360 2v2 issue. Maybe it was a separate sub-team. Regardless, that omission was simply inexcusable, as far as I'm concerned.

If they plan on "long-term support" that should extend to patching stuff like this, whatever it takes. It seems disingenuous to make a big deal about "refreshing" the game six months down the road and have a lacking core feature and not fixing it.

Kazuya is probably also a good choice, but you can probably pair him with a sock and it would be a good team.

Apart from down fierce?

After spending more time with Kazuya I don't think his anti airs are that bad. That doesn't mean he's not free on wake up because he is, but as far as someone just jumping at you he's ok at that. Crouch fierce is good when they're jumping in from close up, but not enough to cross up. Stand MK is good for faraway jump ins. Neither move have much active frames so timing is important.

And you can always use either EX Slaughter hooks as they have a lot of invincibility. You can time it to hit during there jump in recovery. But I guess the idea is to catch them off guard as they land. The kick version is obviously safer although still punishable. The overhead version is good because even if they recover in time from the jump in they're normally holding down back which will cause them to get hit and you can add in 200+ more damage with the right punish. Although if they're blocking high then Kaz is fucked but I'll take that risk and see how it works out for me.

Fersis

The plot thickens. Meanwhile, my Kuma continues to troll hard online. Good lord. lol
Are you on PSN? Are you the guy who perfected me last night?
Im scarred for life.

Poor Seth. I feel like he the messenger for a developer across the other side of the world that don't understand why people are so upset. I hope stuff gets fixed (and they add Urien).

jacobs34

"Anyone else feel like King's command grab is complete shit? Slow startup, sometimes just doesn't even connect for no reason and you can get hit out of it by anything"

He has two command grabs, one only grabs crouching and the other only grabs standing. The startup is pretty huge, though.

Agreed, I played him for a couple of days but without a strong command grab I find him to be a weak character. Although doing the 4X knee into grab whilst coming in on a tag is pretty great.

Novid

Banned
How good is megaman the fatass monstrosity? Or cole? For tekken chars ive been thinking about trying raven, kazuya, and jin. Are these chars any good and have any aa?

Frank West is fine. Cole is good in the right hands, but when Lars comes around both will take down Rufus centered players. He has the best AA in the game if you time it right. Jin doesnt have the versitlity as his father but he is very good in his own right. Kazuya is very simple to use and has monsterous options. AA is iffy but find one that works.

LowParry

Are you on PSN? Are you the guy who perfected me last night?
Im scarred for life.

Been playing Kuma on the 360. And I did do a few Kuma perfects. I only blame the fact that no one has played against him so they don't know about his overheads. I still got a lot more work to do. PSN I'm on from time to time though. And it's weird when I'm up against Tekken characters. I just know when and where to block against them. Tekken is my main game but even still, this is a new game. Eh.

Top Bottom