• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Sblargh

Banned
I absolutely can't find a partner for Poison. I destroy people with poison, but when I have to swtich, I am the freest free of free country. Capcom needs to give me my Sakura!!!!

Mileena

Banned
"Anyone else feel like King's command grab is complete shit? Slow startup, sometimes just doesn't even connect for no reason and you can get hit out of it by anything"

He has two command grabs, one only grabs crouching and the other only grabs standing. The startup is pretty huge, though.
Thats stupid that he doesn't have a one size fits all. Gonna try Marduk tonight, Mike Ross is my hero.

Venfayth

"Anyone else feel like King's command grab is complete shit? Slow startup, sometimes just doesn't even connect for no reason and you can get hit out of it by anything"

He has two command grabs, one only grabs crouching and the other only grabs standing. The startup is pretty huge, though.

One of his grabs was grabbing my juri out of wakeup close standing mk (which is airborne on startup)

Does he have an air grab?

Ferrio

Banned
Crouch fierce and roundhouse overhead force stand. Stand jab to crouch fierce is a one frame link. Practice that link.

Have been, but ti's a pain in the ass and doing it online isn't going to happen. Not to mention I'm not very comfortable with plinking.

One of his grabs was grabbing my juri out of wakeup close standing mk (which is airborne on startup)

He was probably using his reversal.

LakeEarth

And you can always use either EX Slaughter hooks as they have a lot of invincibility. You can time it to hit during there jump in recovery. But I guess the idea is to catch them off guard as they land. The kick version is obviously safer although still punishable. The overhead version is good because even if they recover in time from the jump in they're normally holding down back which will cause them to get hit and you can add in 200+ more damage with the right punish. Although if they're blocking high then Kaz is fucked but I'll take that risk and see how it works out for me.

EX slaughter hook runs out of invulnerability right when the hitbox comes out. Which means it can trade, and you don't get the second hit with the groundbounce.

Am I correct that one achievement is 300 Pandora finishes? Lolololololololo....

Yeah, that achievement and the "Have your replay downloaded 20 times in My Channel's Broadcast Mode" achievement will ensure that I never get all the achievements for this game.

"Does he have an air grab?"

Yes. Either your opponent was mashing out random shit and got very lucky or he had some amazing reads on you, because his air grab is not a particularly good AA.

"He was probably using his reversal."

Or this. But he has two counters, one for air attacks and one for grounded. If you're airborne during the entirety of that attack, it should've beaten out his grounded one, unless he was using the airborne one which would be pretty smart.

mr_boo

Thats stupid that he doesn't have a one size fits all. Gonna try Marduk tonight, Mike Ross is my hero.
I'm liking Marduk so far ... not sure if it helps, but here's what I'm finding so far (in practice):

1. Simple special moves + combos
2. Tekken strings are plentiful but most require good spacing
3. Good reach: St. HK is slow but almost full screen range, St. HP has good solid range.
4. Jumping HP is a good feint to command throw, and it can cross up.
5. Jumping MK is solid and easy to cross up.
6. Early Jumping RH is almost like an overhead (if close enough).
7. Air-to-Air not so good, from what I hear Jumping LP is the best option for Air-to-Air.
8. Projectiles is probably going to be a bit of an issue, eventhough Back MP has 1-hit armor property.

Anyone else feel like King's command grab is complete shit? Slow startup, sometimes just doesn't even connect for no reason and you can get hit out of it by anything
its really a guessing game where the odds are not in your favour. he has the slowest grapples because they have the longest range.

one of the better ways to land it is crossup j.mk -> tomahawk.

venfayth said:
yes, as well as a hit throw. both have invincibility frames with the ex versions.

How good is megaman the fatass monstrosity? Or cole?

Megaman has a slightly better version of Poison's fireball, but lacks the tools to make it effective. He has a slide, decent anti-air options and a solid jab, but effectively no mobility or damage output. His only mixup is whether or not he'll change his jump arc with EX Thunder Wave, off which he gets dubious links at best. His normals are among the worst pokes in the game, although he can cancel off his low forward. His crouching short doesn't link into anything, so your only real hit confirms are jab jab into cross rush, meaning you need ex meter for comboing off anything but jump ins and jabs.

That said, he's absolutely intentionally shitty. Cole is probably a beast, but he's console exclusive so nobody uses him.

Because Poison looks way better, and is also a new character, not Ibuki who you could have played for 2 years now (SSFIV?) :p And I am saying that as someone who kinda mained Ibuki beside Viper :D

Ibuki plays a little closer to 3 now, though. Kunai Vortex is completely gone, and her combos are even crazier. I chose her because she has the best standing resets out of anyone I know so far.

EX slaughter hook runs out of invulnerability right when the hitbox comes out. Which means it can trade, and you don't get the second hit with the groundbounce.

Yeah I've experienced that trade. It only happens when they're still airborne. I'm not trying to hit them out of the air, but as they land and recover. Most of the time I time it wrong when I set the record to jump in HK and walk backwards to block high. But like I said, most people will jump in and crouch, so that's what I'm hoping to catch.

After messing around with Rufus for a while, I can only say that Rufus is IN there.

Divekick is now +16 on hit and +5 on block :) Also I have read somewhere that it isn't possible to roll after a sweep or any hard knockdown but I have had people rolling after a sweep countless times.

Oh, I know what you mean now. I thought you were only talking about jump in attacks. Yeah I've experience grounded trades to. But it was against Ccrook's Kazuya. He did EX slaughter hook and I did a normal or something and it traded a few times. But he won the majority of the time when he used EX SH vs my normal. So like I said, I'll take my chances.

Novid

Banned
I absolutely can't find a partner for Poison. I destroy people with poison, but when I have to swtich, I am the freest free of free country. Capcom needs to give me my Sakura!!!!

Thats whats happining in the replay channels. Futanari-Sama loses close or her partner loses VERY badly. Even with the Rufus players. For Example, That Elbow hits but has -6 frames. Only reason why she dont get punshed hard is because it comes way too quick and its a overhead half the time, so like is the unsafe safe move. I even won with it.

When Guy comes around he will work well with Futanari-Sama, he can get in regarless of heath and with her zone game its isuna, isuna, isuna drop all day long.

Whsiao

Neo Member
After being in the lab all morning, I have decided that Sim/Ogre is the perfect team for me.

Ogres dash cancel combos are so fun to do

Novid

Banned
After messing around with Rufus for a while, I can only say that Rufus is IN there.

Divekick is now +16 on hit and +5 on block :) Also I have read somewhere that it isn't possible to roll after a sweep or any hard knockdown but I have had people rolling after a sweep countless times.

+16? WTF? That ends most games from there they can go into SSS. fuck... +5 Block if the oppoant at low heath will win 50% of the matches.

Tizoc

Am I correct that one achievement is 300 Pandora finishes? Lolololololololo....

Easy way to get it is to go to 2 player versus, set round to maximum, everyone's health to 25%. Have player 1 activate pandora then do their super move. This way you can quickly achieve the get 300 Pandora KOs trophy.

zlatko

Banned
Easy way to get it is to go to 2 player versus, set round to maximum, everyone's health to 25%. Have player 1 activate pandora then do their super move. This way you can quickly achieve the get 300 Pandora KOs trophy.

Where's the fun in that? I want to earn it like a man in real fights. :)

AFAIK you can't roll out of a knockdown caused by an EX move.But recently someone mentioned here or on SRK that sweep also does that but I haven't seem to confirm that yet.

zlatko

Banned
Rufus has and will always be dumb :)

You guys hate on spam Blanka balls all day but not spam dive kicks?!?!?!

You, and you!!!! And You!

+16? SMH.

In SF4 running across a decent or good Rufus was super rare honestly.

Here though? Dive kick into mash jabs and if they are confirming then do ABC launch or EX Gtornado for a free big damage combo.

The only saving grace is that forward roll is an option.

Rufus has and will always be dumb :)

You guys hate on spam Blanka balls all day but not spam dive kicks?!?!?!

You, and you!!!! And You!

+16? SMH.

Haven't been playing online much so I don't know how great Rufus is yet. But if we're talking about SF4, I'd prefer to face Rufus any day over Blanka.

Here though? Dive kick into mash jabs and if they are confirming then do ABC launch or EX Gtornado for a free big damage combo.

I see your point. I just hate Rufus. Plus, there are not that many good Blankas out there as well, but the hate comes, hehe.

And I would take battling Blanka ball spam over dive kick spam any day in SF4. Just my thoughts on it of course.

But for this game, that window is huge to hit confirm.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Yup, seriously don't understand the point of free dlc colors, just fucking unlock all from the start.

As noted upthread, it's likely to get people to visit the in-game store regularly instead of ignoring its existence.

Free color packs are advertising for other DLC that will be posted there.

I am using Rufus & Gief and loving it. So weird to walk forward all the time. Sim am cry.

Top Bottom