• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

TGMIII

Rufus has and will always be dumb :)

You guys hate on spam Blanka balls all day but not spam dive kicks?!?!?!

You, and you!!!! And You!

+16? SMH.

Rufus wasn't dumb in SF4. He had mad damage in vanilla but after that he was just another good character. In this yeah he's dumb as hell but people will figure him out soon enough. As a rufus player in SFxT and SF4 I don't think rufus will be a problem in a few months.

zlatko

Banned
I am using Rufus & Gief and loving it. So weird to walk forward all the time. Sim am cry.

I don't see how Arturo could ever win a major with his team. He's a solid player and he can make it far in a tournament, but once he hits up a Rufus team he's fucked honestly. Neither vega nor Sim deal that well with him in this game.

Art needs to maybe drop Vega for Rolento since I feel Rolento can piss off Rufus a fair amount in a footsie match. Or else Art should just Dhalsim limb once, swap to Megaman, and fly back to his home planet like a boss to win.

I don't see how Arturo could ever win a major with his team. He's a solid player and he can make it far in a tournament, but once he hits up a Rufus team he's fucked honestly. Neither vega nor Sim deal that well with him in this game.

Art needs to maybe drop Vega for Rolento since I feel Rolento can piss off Rufus a fair amount in a footsie match. Or else Art should just Dhalsim limb once, swap to Megaman, and fly back to his home planet like a boss to win.

I played Sim & Bison in SF4 and I played that team when I started SFxT. The reverse limb threw me off and juggling opponents midscreen with Sim made me giggle, I feel the runaway/lame game is dead. Also, the damage so important and Gief can lame out better than Sim.

Yea I think Art is going to work on a counter team soon, he usually always has a backup. Right now though I think he is to in love with that block gem lmao.

zlatko

Banned
I played Sim & Bison in SF4 and I played that team when I started SFxT. The reverse limb threw me off and juggling opponents midscreen with Sim made me giggle, I feel the runaway/lame game is dead. Also, the damage so important and Gief can lame out better than Sim.

I wouldn't say dead, but you can't just fully rely on playing lame. If you are laming it feels like it needs to be for meter gain, positional gain, and that way you can confirm into a bigger beafy character who can use all that lame work to good use in terms of damage.

Vega just seems like another footsies lame character to compliment arts playstyle.

I feel Raven may be better than Vega if he still wants to retain fully lame game, but have a 2nd character who once tagged in does great damage and can make solid come backs.

LakeEarth

I wouldn't say dead, but you can't just fully rely on playing lame. If you are laming it feels like it needs to be for meter gain, positional gain, and that way you can confirm into a bigger beafy character who can use all that lame work to good use in terms of damage.

Vega just seems like another footsies lame character to compliment arts playstyle.

I feel Raven may be better than Vega if he still wants to retain fully lame game, but have a 2nd character who once tagged in does great damage and can make solid come backs.

I agree. I think both characters are great in this game, but they don't really go together.

Nose Master

Am I correct that one achievement is 300 Pandora finishes? Lolololololololo....

Yeah, no one is going to get that without grinding.

Seems like gems dont work in training mode, either (for achievement purposes). I turned on auto tech gem and infinite meter, recorded the dummy walking forward and grabbing, and left it for an hour or two. No cheevo :(

---

Poisons got some simple stuff. Rather than going from st. lk to cr. jab after her ex overhead flip, you can just go into 1-2x cr. jab, link to cr. mk, rekkas. So good. Not sure if it works with non ex, but that move is just to "safely" get in and/or punish fireballs as far as I can tell. Just need to work on her finnicy anti-airs.

SamVimes

After messing around with Rufus for a while, I can only say that Rufus is IN there.

Divekick is now +16 on hit and +5 on block :) Also I have read somewhere that it isn't possible to roll after a sweep or any hard knockdown but I have had people rolling after a sweep countless times.

+16? That should be only if he hits on the absolute lowest point of the hitbox.

Which he never will against decent outside of meaties since it can't be done instantly anymore.

Nori Chan

Yeah, no one is going to get that without grinding.

Seems like gems dont work in training mode, either (for achievement purposes). I turned on auto tech gem and infinite meter, recorded the dummy walking forward and grabbing, and left it for an hour or two. No cheevo :(

---

Poisons got some simple stuff. Rather than going from st. lk to cr. jab after her ex overhead flip, you can just go into 1-2x cr. jab, link to cr. mk, rekkas. So good. Not sure if it works with non ex, but that move is just to "safely" get in and/or punish fireballs as far as I can tell. Just need to work on her finnicy anti-airs.

Read to TA that training doesn't count for any of the do xxx of xxx.

You can do it with two controllers doe

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Anyone have a good youtube channel with some combos and people playing this game how its meant to be played?

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone know what's considered a launcher for gem effects? Is it anything that launches or just the cross launcher thing.

Also anyone see all the special gem requirements that'll be int he game... some of the stuff is nuts "Activate 7 seconds into the match", and other weird stuff.

XenoRaven

Anyone know what's considered a launcher for gem effects? Is it anything that launches or just the cross launcher thing.

Also anyone see all the special gem requirements that'll be int he game... some of the stuff is nuts "Activate 7 seconds into the match", and other weird stuff.
It's just the tag launcher as far as I know.

LakeEarth

That'd be helpful for some of the challenges. There's one where you can only win by supers, and it's hard to get damage gems to activate without wasting time throwing out moves.

mr_boo

I think someone in this thread confirmed that for some of the launch based gems (i.e., gem activiates on player initating the launch), the timer runs and can expire while the player is tagged out.

Also, from what I hear, the gem effects do stack, but the duration doesn't ... I confirmed that later myself.

zlatko

Banned
Suprising nobody chosing Yoshi. Maybe get some easy wins if this continues since nobody knows how to face him.

He's really straight forward. Just maul the shit out of him lol. He has a solid DP, but his shenanigan moves aren't deceptive enough like they are in other games he's in.

For all the stance changing craziness this game has for other characters, it's a shame Yoshi didn't get more love on what he can do with his stance on his sword or at least another stance to possibly increase his damage potential or walk speed. SOMETHING.

Dude is fray.

Ferrio

Banned
He's really straight forward. Just maul the shit out of him lol. He has a solid DP, but his shenanigan moves aren't deceptive enough like they are in other games he's in.

For all the stance changing craziness this game has for other characters, it's a shame Yoshi didn't get more love on what he can do with his stance on his sword or at least another stance to possibly increase his damage potential or walk speed. SOMETHING.

Dude is fray.

THe fact he has no unblockables is a travesty. His suicide should of been one atleast... i don't see any point to that move... everything about it is horrible.

You dishonor the house of Dhalsim. Face me tonight, and pay for your crimes.

And also, so that I can test out my Hachi

RS4-

Currently broadcasting some of my replays in that 360 room; need to get the stupid 20 downloads achievement lol.

Novid

Banned
THe fact he has no unblockables is a travesty. His suicide should of been one atleast... i don't see any point to that move... everything about it is horrible.

they need to buff him on that next patch. he has a damn sword. a sword. and no unblockables?

alstein

I think you really, really have to be on point with Sim with this, but he's a good character. Most Tekken chars have a real time getting in on him, and can't do damage at full-screen.

Then again, he dies on 2 mistakes, especially if those power gems are activated.

I also suspect he'll have a hard time dealing with the increased combo damage as the game progresses.

Novid

Banned
Yep, it's really jarring coming from Tekken and suddenly Yoshimitsu's sword is blockable. Lame!

see, look at it this way. Yoshi in the right hands is a work of art. In Tekken 6 he was nasty. Heal, Charge up, Stances out of this world. Here...they gave him a non working plastic light saber.

Top Bottom