• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Ferrio

Banned
played a megaman who flew off the stage to run the clock out, bitch move.

Top tier.

This... is going to be the most expensive game ever.

It'll be funny to see how much it all adds up together in the end.

Stuff you can buy/potentially buy:
-Gems
-Another 2 gem slots (?)
-Costumes
-12 Characters (?)
-Custom Combos (?)
-Colors (i know they're offering free ones... though maybe their will be premium purchasable ones too)

Top tier.

-Gems
-Another 2 gem slots (?)
-Costumes
-12 Characters (?)
-Custom Combos (?)
-Colors (i know they're offering free ones... though maybe their will be premium purchasable ones too)

Remember what Seth said, you may be jumping to the wrong conclusion.

It may be we never get to buy the characters and costumes at all!

Ferrio

Banned
Remember what Seth said, you may be jumping to the wrong conclusion.

It may be we never get to buy the characters and costumes at all!

Well I trust seth, I don't trust who he works for. Hell look at today

Seth said:
So... now the updates are being pushed back until team reviews some details. Looks like even I'm not impervious to being trolled :/

Ya I know seth has good intentions, but he's not in control of this shit. He's just a mouthpiece who can get lied to just like the rest of us.

-Gems
-Another 2 gem slots (?)
-Costumes
-12 Characters (?)
-Custom Combos (?)

I'm so in for when the FreeToPlay train really starts hitting consoles. The more other people can subsidize my gaming costs by paying for extra items that I'll never buy the better for me.

that is exactly what I tried, I guess I am just too stupid :/
well in the video, it looks like marline pie uses the record/playback feauture to do the combo for him, so perhaps its a 1-frame link. not playing the game right now so i can't test it out.

if it is indeed a 1-frame link infinite, i don't know if it'd be that broken. if someone can pull off 50 1-frame links in a row, props to him.

RS4-

Gdlk. Left my 360 on to do the "have your replays downloaded 20 times" achievement and 5 hours later, it still hasn't changed.

Wizpig

Top tier.

-Gems
-Another 2 gem slots (?)
-Costumes
-12 Characters (?)
-Custom Combos (?)
This shit is crossing the line.

Costumes are ok, characters are ok, colors should be free, gems, slots and more powerful custom combos... fuck off, Capcom.

Ferrio

Banned
Finally winning again.

Raven is a lot better than King, but I hate his 90's Xtreme character design.

I started playing lili, and it's a joke... she's has a lot of stuff king has but better.

-She has a twirl invincibility move, you can choose the distance, repeat it twice, it leads to more damage and is safer on block.
-Her knee loop leads to just as much damage.
-Her reversal move is better.
-Both their bnbs require the opponent to stand

Then ontop of that

-She has an air throw
-She has a great AA
-She has great mixups/strings
-She has a dive kick
-More combo options

Wizpig

Rolento and Hugo are fucking easy mode stupid in this game. Fuck both of those characters.
I don't know about those, but so far the only character that got me really salty and reminded me of MVC 3 Dante cheapness levels is Kazuya.

It's definitely a problem of me not being able to fight him back, but jesus.
Easy to use, boring as hell to fight.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I think getting one touched into 50% life with Hugo is bullshit. You shouldn't learn how to "fight that." Also, Rolento is ambiguous as hell, which leads into easy rekkas. Fuck that character, and fuck Hugo. /saltface

Then don't get touched by Hugo. and just learn how to block rolento it's not that ambiguous, step up your hand eye cordination. If I can block rolento 95% of the time on ogres fucked up hit box you can do it on a reg character

Almost everyone in the game can do 50% life combos. Some can do more.

I think getting one touched into 50% life with Hugo is bullshit. You shouldn't learn how to "fight that." Also, Rolento is ambiguous as hell, which leads into easy rekkas. Fuck that character, and fuck Hugo. /saltface

Guess what, soon everybody will be doing 50% life one touch combos. Sure it is easier with Hugo, but that hardly matters once everybody is worked out.

For now it gives people who are never going to learn the proper execution a way to compete. Soon he will lose his edge and is just one big character you can go to town on.

I started playing lili, and it's a joke... she's has a lot of stuff king has but better.

-She has a twirl invincibility move, you can choose the distance, repeat it twice, it leads to more damage and is safer on block.
-Her knee loop leads to just as much damage.
-Her reversal move is better.
-Both their bnbs require the opponent to stand

Then ontop of that

-She has an air throw
-She has a great AA
-She has great mixups/strings
-She has a dive kick
-More combo options

I've pretty much given up on King.. This post just showed me I was right to do so.

:(

hertog

I don't know about those, but so far the only character that got me really salty and reminded me of MVC 3 Dante cheapness levels is Kazuya.

It's definitely a problem of me not being able to fight him back, but jesus.
Easy to use, boring as hell to fight.

Yes, keep mashing them punches and his QCB LP :(

That's why I like my Guile/Raven team. Their great zoning game is such a good option against mashers.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
This shit is crossing the line.

Costumes are ok, characters are ok, colors should be free, gems, slots and more powerful custom combos... fuck off, Capcom.

Their comments during the character leak almost insinuated they'd be selling the 12 characters as a package upgrade for what would be the "super" edition of the game this fall.

I have to wonder if the expanded gem slots are actually a part of that - aka "expanding the game system" instead of just adding characters. In a sense, that would be more acceptable since that's what happens with version upgrades.

As for custom combos, I thought that the reason there's not a free editor was to prevent people from macro'ing the most powerful / cheap combos possible, so the extra customs they sell would just be a greater variety of basic combos. Not necessarily more powerful / damaging.

Ferrio

Banned
Their comments during the character leak almost insinuated they'd be selling the 12 characters as a package upgrade for what would be the "super" edition of the game this fall.

I have to wonder if the expanded gem slots are actually a part of that - aka "expanding the game system" instead of just adding characters. In a sense, that would be more acceptable since that's what happens with version upgrades.

As for custom combos, I thought that the reason there's not a free editor was to prevent people from macro'ing the most powerful / cheap combos possible, so the extra customs they sell would just be a greater variety of basic combos. Not necessarily more powerful / damaging.

There are custom combos in the game that can't be done by humans.

Then don't get touched by Hugo. and just learn how to block rolento it's not that ambiguous, step up your hand eye cordination. If I can block rolento 95% of the time on ogres fucked up hit box you can do it on a reg character

Almost everyone in the game can do 50% life combos. Some can do more.

You will not block 95% of the time vs. a good rolento. He has so many 50/50 mixups that that's impossible unless you're really lucky.

He is safe on almost everything he can do, the only viable punish for rolento is to alpha cancel his rekka, and smart rolentos are now not even letting you do that unless they have a big enough advantage.

Hugo is extremely strong. His frame trap and corner pressure is immense, to say "just learn to block him" is silly. You're supposed to learn to block everyone and if that was the case no one would be a problem.

I'm not saying that either of those characters are broken or unbeatable, I've beat them, I've beat a team of both of them, but that doesn't change anything.

Hugo's 0 meter combos beat the 1 meter combos of a lot of characters and can be done by someone who's never played a fighting game before. He has extremely good normals and a crazy overhead that's hard to deal with unless you predict it. If he lands it, you're taking half your health or more.

A lot of people reference Zangief from the start of SF4, but this is an entirely different beast all together. He's not winning from SPDs, he's winning from footsies and huge combo damage.

Hugo is totally legit. He's going to be top tier unless capcom nerf his damage big time, because it's totally not fair. He's way too mobile, has way too much health and has too much range for the kind of damage he does.

Hugo's damage is right up there with the best in the game. I strongly believe characters like Kazuya and Heihachi will outclass him as the game goes on, but the execution required to use those characters well is going to take a long time to set in when you can easily do 500 dmg hugo combos by mashing buttons.

"You will not block 95% of the time vs. a good rolento. He has so many 50/50 mixups that that's impossible unless you're really lucky."

Ehh, I dunno about "so many 50/50 mixups." He has at most tick throws (and throws are super weak in this game, as we all know), the rest is straight up footsies and frame traps. Pogo cross up setups are all escapable (pretty easily, at that). I suppose you can do some tricky stuff with Air raid hopping over people, but yeah.

rolento and hugo are both good characters (hugo moreso imo), but there are a ton of good characters in this game. rolento and hugo just happen to be the scrub friendly characters.

Mileena

Banned
You will not block 95% of the time vs. a good rolento. He has so many 50/50 mixups that that's impossible unless you're really lucky.

He is safe on almost everything he can do, the only viable punish for rolento is to alpha cancel his rekka, and smart rolentos are now not even letting you do that unless they have a big enough advantage.

Hugo is extremely strong. His frame trap and corner pressure is immense, to say "just learn to block him" is silly. You're supposed to learn to block everyone and if that was the case no one would be a problem.

I'm not saying that either of those characters are broken or unbeatable, I've beat them, I've beat a team of both of them, but that doesn't change anything.

Hugo's 0 meter combos beat the 1 meter combos of a lot of characters and can be done by someone who's never played a fighting game before. He has extremely good normals and a crazy overhead that's hard to deal with unless you predict it. If he lands it, you're taking half your health or more.

A lot of people reference Zangief from the start of SF4, but this is an entirely different beast all together. He's not winning from SPDs, he's winning from footsies and huge combo damage.

Hugo is totally legit. He's going to be top tier unless capcom nerf his damage big time, because it's totally not fair. He's way too mobile, has way too much health and has too much range for the kind of damage he does.

Hugo's damage is right up there with the best in the game. I strongly believe characters like Kazuya and Heihachi will outclass him as the game goes on, but the execution required to use those characters well is going to take a long time to set in when you can easily do 500 dmg hugo combos by mashing buttons.

Pretty much. Hugo is baby.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
haha the Hugo hate is like some unknown, unheard of state of being. it's kind of amazing. tell you what, play me in 3S and maybe all that bitterness goes away. maybe.

haha the Hugo hate is like some unknown, unheard of state of being. it's kind of amazing. tell you what, play me in 3S and maybe all that bitterness goes away. maybe.

The boy has come a long way :p. I don't think he'll be as much of a problem later like Q says, but he's always going to be one of those characters that just flat out wins games.

brian

Ehh, I dunno about "so many 50/50 mixups." He has at most tick throws (and throws are super weak in this game, as we all know), the rest is straight up footsies and frame traps. Pogo cross up setups are all escapable (pretty easily, at that). I suppose you can do some tricky stuff with Air raid hopping over people, but yeah.

Throws are not really weak in this game. They are just difficult because you have to be very close to use them. The damage you get for landing them is quite decent.

Rolento has no problem making you block enough to walk into throw range.

"Throws are not really weak in this game. They are just difficult because you have to be very close to use them. The damage you get for landing them is very decent."

If they were still 3 frame startup, I'd agree with you. But the huge startup time combined with the shorter range makes them very weak. I mean they're still useful, but that's not quite enough for me to say someone has a ton of 50/50 mixups.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Costume price leaked
http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/14/street-fighter-x-tekken-two-alternate-costumes-leaked-on-european-psn-priced-at-0-79-each/

It's nice that they are selling individual costumes now, sorta makes up for the on-disk DLC (not really, but it's a start).

Ok, that is entirely reasonable. They should have let people buy single costumes from the start. I have no problem with this.

Especially because they've already said they're going to make further sets of costumes later (aka, not on the disc :p) so this establishes a good policy.

Sblargh

Banned
I got destroyed by an Asuka yesterday and got back to her, I think I am beggining to think better how the character works; like how the counters are actual moves instead of "please, hit a button".
So, you try to ceross up; got blocked? Counter. If he is defending, he will go away, if he tries to poke, freee damage.
Same thing on block and wake up. If he jumps on wake up (or just jumps in general), block the first hit, then counter. She deals good damage too. I'm still far far away to be good with her, but I am glad I am learning.
At first it doesn't look like people will fall for it, but then they do. Or they give up poking and applying constant pressure, which is also a big win.

brian

But still, even with the slowish start up I feel like the throw is a decent threat for Rolento because you can't hit buttons when he is in your face. He's got plenty of time to land one while you're sitting there cowering because of his frame traps. I don't think I would go so far to say that it is a 50/50 mixup, but just sayin' it's a viable option for Rolento more than a lot of other characters.

Top Bottom