• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

zlatko

Banned
Kazuya's d,d/b,b + LP is punishable on block so that mixup can become predictable. I don't see him as much of a problem character but he can do really good damage once he gets hits in.
Haven't seen much of Bob either.

Yeah. Loving Heihachi right now.

You don't have to end on that with him though as a Kaz player, but if you space it right it's not punishable except for 3 frame reversals I believe.

EYEL1NER

I got all three preorder packs for free and bought the other packs for UMvC3, but I'll be holding off for the mega-pack for this game. I want all the alts but not as badly as the Marvel alts.

I wish they would release the big pack first. Seems like they could get people to pounce on it who don't want to wait the 8 or so weeks for their favorite character's alt to come out.

I had my first Rage Quit tonight by Basics TOSF (Toronto Street Fighter)

Can someone explain to me how to the replays work? They don't ask permission anymore do they just throw it up there whenever you win?

zlatko

Banned
I had my first Rage Quit tonight by Basics TOSF (Toronto Street Fighter)

Can someone explain to me how to the replays work? They don't ask permission anymore do they just throw it up there whenever you win?

*stealth brag* I beat DMG Insayne earlier tonight with my Paul/Kazuya team.

feelsgoodman.jpg

*stealth brag* I beat DMG Insayne earlier tonight with my Paul/Kazuya team.

feelsgoodman.jpg

haha I beat honzo gonzo on umvc3 without knowing who he was :p

played him twice and the second time wasn't pretty

And FUCK Rolento. I got poled to the face over and over and over and over

AND I STILL WON >.>

RS4-

Lol Count, played you like 30 mins ago, was trolling with a friend of mine in that tag mode shit.

(gief and nina team)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hey that Hwoang(however you spell that bum's name) kick combo. One of those is an over head right? I keep trying to stand up and block but somehow keep jumping into that and getting caught in a long ass combo. Real annoying.

Culinary

No Steve?!

GG's grifter, sorry for the losses in 2v2. I didn't know how to tag in while playing 2v2 until around half way through. :(

The only tier placement I don't get is Ken. From what I've read and heard, he's not supposed to be good. Guess those Ken supporters on SRK are just too quick to judge/stuck in SF4 mode. =p

SupaNaab

Regardless it's indicative of who is having success in japan. They must be experiencing similar growing pains where the SF cast is still more fleshed out by the player base at the moment. It also adds fuel to the idea that Yoshimitsu is infact a joke character.

Fucking hell, I don't want to buy this game, but the bison juri team is calling me. It's been so long since I bodied someone... I can feel it come all over me, i feel it all around me...

No Steve?!

GG's grifter, sorry for the losses in 2v2. I didn't know how to tag in while playing 2v2 until around half way through. :(

Yea I was gonna say I wanted to see what they would rank him.

Also if Steve hits you with a Gatling Gun theres a chance you might take 600 damage

laaame

Fucking hell, I don't want to buy this game, but the bison juri team is calling me. It's been so long since I bodied someone... I can feel it come all over me, i feel it all around me...

2009 truly was a great year for menu music...

But anyways, what is your reasoning for not buying it? I'm assuming its because this whole DLC thing right? You could always buy it used if you really don't want to support them. Think of all of the Ryu/Ken teams you would be bodying right now if you had it.

I really don't see a lot of people trying to utilize the Briefing Room feature. Why is that?

A lot of the better players on here can maybe help out some of us lesser-skilled folks.

Nyx

Finally able to play the game last night, first impressions are great.

But man it's overwhelming, I was a mediocre (S)SF4 player at best, but this is a whole new ballgame it seems. Did the tutorial and after awhile I was expecting the one I was doing to be the last, but everytime a new move tutorial came up.

Don't think I will be any good in this game, especially since I have a lot less time than when I played SF4.

Also have a question, I noticed that I performed all kinds of moves without even pressing a button, just by using the left analog stick, what's up with that ?

hertog

I don't understand the Cancel Assist gem?

What happens if you can cancel special moves easier? Is there less hit/block stun?

Ok, that is entirely reasonable. They should have let people buy single costumes from the start. I have no problem with this.

Especially because they've already said they're going to make further sets of costumes later (aka, not on the disc :p) so this establishes a good policy.

Not that I doubt you, but where did you read this?

I also hope there's some sort of costume bundle when they come out, or else I'll spend more on costumes than the game, lol.

Nyx

I <3 Kuma. I just need to actually learn what to do with him.

Me and my GF had tears in our eyes from laughing when we saw his ''Ultra'' (or whatever it's called in SF X T)

Oh and when he was mimicking Heihachi before the match, that was pretty cool as well.
Hell I think I will play Kuma !

Poison A-tier?!

Bu bu Wolfkrone said she stank :(

Ricky Ortiz won Thursday Night Throw down with her and Rufus, and Chris Hu made it to Big Two grand finals with her and Lili.

Also is Steve not on the list because they forgot him or do they think he's just that bad?

Well I better not ever get hate mail for playing Steve then!!!

Wizpig

Their comments during the character leak almost insinuated they'd be selling the 12 characters as a package upgrade for what would be the "super" edition of the game this fall.

I have to wonder if the expanded gem slots are actually a part of that - aka "expanding the game system" instead of just adding characters. In a sense, that would be more acceptable since that's what happens with version upgrades.

As for custom combos, I thought that the reason there's not a free editor was to prevent people from macro'ing the most powerful / cheap combos possible, so the extra customs they sell would just be a greater variety of basic combos. Not necessarily more powerful / damaging.
The problem i have with more gem slots is that i still think (maybe i'm wrong, who knows) that gems can be broken and a cheap thing.

Some DLC gems (preorder stuff) look pretty crazy already... but they take TWO slots.
Imagine if you could pick two of those (4 slots) and another 1-slot gem.

Plz, Street Fighter 5, don't be like this.

I actually like newbie things like "quick combos" (similar to the touch screen options on 3DS games) because they can be fun to see and take a bar, but gems...

Oh and it looks i'm the only one using Pandora (sometimes) online.
Mostly it results in my death, of course :sigh: it's a decent mechanic.

Novid

Banned
Ricky Ortiz won Thursday Night Throw down with her and Rufus, and Chris Hu made it to Big Two grand finals with her and Lili.

Also is Steve not on the list because they forgot him or do they think he's just that bad?

Well I better not ever get hate mail for playing Steve then!!!

but then again Ortiz had Rufus. Lili has good options and because of the Zone game. Stunned no Rolento winners of Tournies yet even though the pokey game is huge here...

Nose Master

What's the point of Ogre's lp anti air move? Does it recover super fast or something so it's regarded as a fake out?

EDIT: Bison A tier? Ha!

Some DLC gems (preorder stuff) look pretty crazy already... but they take TWO slots.
Imagine if you could pick two of those (4 slots) and another 1-slot gem.

auto-tech + auto-block + no chip (one gem!) + metre building gem + increased vitality + hugo + zangief. Will work reasonably well.

Nyx

Ah nevermind my question, it seems quick combos also are on the sticks. (when you press them) That's why my chars seemed to do all kinds of stuff without me pressing a button.

First thing when I start up the game tonight : remove quick combos from the sticks.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
As little weight as I put on tier lists ( especially those released like what... 72h after the game's release never mind those coming 2 years into the games lifecycle ) ... it still pains me to see my supposed team to be groveling at the bottom of the barrel.

Top Bottom