• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Just had a few online matches with a friend and aside from being destroyed most of the time I found out that I really love playing with Julia. Unfortunately I didn't have any good gems setup and still trying to figure out a good partner for her. I'm looking at using Lili or Juri.

Onemic

My fuck I am so damn noob at this game. I've been trying to pull off median line destruction by Jin in training mode, and I just can't do it. I don't know how you're expected to pull off the move any differently, but it just doesn't want to activate.

Jenga

Banned
My fuck I am so damn noob at this game. I've been trying to pull off median line destruction by Jin in training mode, and I just can't do it. I don't know how you're expected to pull off the move any differently, but it just doesn't want to activate.

jin seems to be actually execution heavy so don't feel bad about it

Onemic

jin seems to be actually execution heavy so don't feel bad about it

He's my favourite tekken character, so if I can't get this right, there's no point in trying to use him as a main fighter. I'm using a standard pad too BTW, so I'm guessing maybe that plays into it as well?

Guess it's time to try Kazuya....

MoxManiac

haha the Hugo hate is like some unknown, unheard of state of being. it's kind of amazing. tell you what, play me in 3S and maybe all that bitterness goes away. maybe.

Yeah, it's weird. I mean, for my team, I just took my SF4 and SF3 mains (Rufus and Hugo, respectively) and smashed them on a team for SFxT, and come to find out these are two of the most complained about characters.

I just kinda consider Hugo's state in this as reparations for a decade of bottom tierness in 3s. The man finally has his day in the sun.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Finally got the game. Man, it's really different from SF4. I kept trying to do like random focus attacks and cancels but kept switching partners. That was annoying. I've been playing Cammy since HD Remix so I'm gonna stick with her. She seems like a lot of fun to use already. Some combos carry over but I think it would be best to learn all new ones. Gotta spend lots of hours in the training room.

Don't know who I'm going to pick as a partner for Cammy yet. Tried a few people, nothing really stuck.

So far so good though. Online felt pretty good in yellow bar connections. Did have those audio issues but I'm gonna play music anyway so it's not a big deal.

So buying them all would be 100? seems excessive. Hope they have a reasonably priced all in one pack. So if an alt costume is one dollar how much will the characters be?

I'm willing to bet the characters are going to be an AE style downloadable upgrade to the game, not separately sold pieces of DLC

LowParry

I hope we can buy those in packs. The pic shown is showing the single option but we don't know if there are packs involved yet. Here's hoping we hear about this tomorrow.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Knowing Capcom, there will be discount packs down the road.

But, would people really want every single alt...?

I have to admit, some of the alts in the game are truly jokes, and kind of not appealing. Others are pretty good.

"What's the best, cheapest Arcade Stick I can get for 360? I'm honestly sick and tired of this D-Pad."

WWE Brawl sticks were being cleared out not that long ago for 30$. Easily upgradable if necessary. Dunno if they're still available at that price.

LakeEarth

played a megaman who flew off the stage to run the clock out, bitch move.

I think this is the only time I think it's justified to drop. I remember this one ass in MvC3 who would do the Trish trap assist + Deadpool cuttin' time hyper combo that would leave you in stuck in the trap till time ran out.

What makes you think she's broken? It's early still so things can change, and she does have some good stuff, but she's pretty ass for the most part. Maybe not Dan-tier, but yeah.
Broken is probably too harsh. But I fought against a really good one the other day and was just getting rocked.

LowParry

Knowing Capcom, there will be discount packs down the road.

But, would people really want every single alt...?

Naw. I mean unless I'm playing every single character in the game, sure. But the characters I'm playing now, I'll pick up for sure. Julia, Kuma, Kaz, Lili. Hahaha, R. Mika Kuma is going to be godlike.

saelz8

"What's the best, cheapest Arcade Stick I can get for 360? I'm honestly sick and tired of this D-Pad."

WWE Brawl sticks were being cleared out not that long ago for 30$. Easily upgradable if necessary. Dunno if they're still available at that price.
Cool, on it. $50 on Amazon, and some of the reviews echo what you said on it being easily moddable down the road. $20 more than the clearout price you mention, but still the cheapest stick I can find. Wired too, which is good. I can use it on the PC as well. Thanks.

Giving you a color edit option and locking away all the colors on the disc, which they claim they're gonna give to you later for free anyway. What the fuck is the point? Just unlock all the colors, fuck.

Willectro

Banned
Finally hit D+ (544BP), lol. When I started playing last week and couldn't win hardly any ranked matches I thought this was going to be impossible. I think I was just playing the wrong characters for my play style.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Giving you a color edit option and locking away all the colors on the disc, which they claim they're gonna give to you later for free anyway. What the fuck is the point? Just unlock all the colors, fuck.

As someone said earlier. To get people to look in the store for other stuff to purchase.

I'm beginning to click with Jin, just want to SS everything into his rising upercut. Gotta get it down consistently after cr.hp from both sides of the screen now. I really like that he's going to require some work too and I imagine there's going to be some really unique Jin players out there. Pro tip s.lk is a pretty nice AA if used at the correct distance.

Need to get a feel for Julia now, really love her footsie options and she has a nice up kicks.

zlatko

Banned
I'm in a love/hate relationship with this game. Ryu, Ken, rufus, and Hugo piss me off. I dropped my Rolento and played several beastly ones, but coming from playing him I found him easy to deal with, or maybe my team of Paul/Kazuya just has the right stuff to not feel threatened by him as much.

My biggest issue is too many time outs in this game. Now if I get 2-3 right guesses though out the gate, forget about it, that round is mine unless you have a Hugo or Rufus on your team for some comeback factor. However, if the person is playing footsies at me, then it'll go down to the wire unfortunately. I don't blindly maul even though my characters are all about being your face.

Paul
fucking
Phoenix
MY MAN!

Love this character. I went from 1500 BP to 1200 tonight with him and Kazuya online, but not aside from the matches I got lamed out in to time outs, it was fun even on losses. Paul just has the right stuff to transition my Nova play style to.

I wiff QCF L', wait for impatience, get in via either HCF K, or a jump, and then it's maul time. One of my favorite things about him is his option select sweep for people who like to roll. If you roll he does a sweep the other way, and you can do two HP's to make it safe or it'll hit for two of the three hits and a fresh knock down. They stay in front they have to watch for the far sweep in over head fist or nothing.

He brings me to orgasm when I play him. <3

Junie12

I'm in a love/hate relationship with this game. Ryu, Ken, rufus, and Hugo piss me off. I dropped my Rolento and played several beastly ones, but coming from playing him I found him easy to deal with, or maybe my team of Paul/Kazuya just has the right stuff to not feel threatened by him as much.

My biggest issue is too many time outs in this game. Now if I get 2-3 right guesses though out the gate, forget about it, that round is mine unless you have a Hugo or Rufus on your team for some comeback factor. However, if the person is playing footsies at me, then it'll go down to the wire unfortunately. I don't blindly maul even though my characters are all about being your face.

Paul
fucking
Phoenix
MY MAN!

Love this character. I went from 1500 BP to 1200 tonight with him and Kazuya online, but not aside from the matches I got lamed out in to time outs, it was fun even on losses. Paul just has the right stuff to transition my Nova play style to.

I wiff QCF L', wait for impatience, get in via either HCF K, or a jump, and then it's maul time. One of my favorite things about him is his option select sweep for people who like to roll. If you roll he does a sweep the other way, and you can do two HP's to make it safe or it'll hit for two of the three hits and a fresh knock down. They stay in front they have to watch for the far sweep in over head fist or nothing.

He brings me to orgasm when I play him. <3

Paul was my favorite Character back in my Tekken days, so glad to hear he is good in this game. Can't wait to try him out when I get the game. Sigh* the wait for this game is hard,at least I managed to clear half of my backlog during the wait. So it's not all bad :lol

zlatko

Banned
Paul was my favorite Character back in my Tekken days, so glad to hear he is good in this game. Can't wait to try him out when I get the game. Sigh* the wait for this game is hard,at least I managed to clear half of my backlog during the wait. So it's not all bad :lol

To be fair he's not "good," in this game, but he just fits me really well. He's fucking stupid slow...maybe slowest walk speed in the game? He can be kept out damn well, and he has a fair amount of unsafe stuff.

I'd say he's mid tier at best, but in the right hands you can seriously fuck with your opponents head and end a fight damn fast off some good footsie confirms.

Junie12

To be fair he's not "good," in this game, but he just fits me really well. He's fucking stupid slow...maybe slowest walk speed in the game? He can be kept out damn well, and he has a fair amount of unsafe stuff.

I'd say he's mid tier at best, but in the right hands you can seriously fuck with your opponents head and end a fight damn fast of some good footsie confirms.

Oh, I'm still gonna play him though :lol I'll just make sure to pair him up with a top-tier so I won't get bodied all the time.

Imm0rt4l

I think this is the only time I think it's justified to drop. I remember this one ass in MvC3 who would do the Trish trap assist + Deadpool cuttin' time hyper combo that would leave you in stuck in the trap till time ran out.

Broken is probably too harsh. But I fought against a really good one the other day and was just getting rocked.

Yea I wanted to drop, He won the match and left. I didn't want to up my dc rate though, not sure if endless counts.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I won my first match on Japan PSN today. Fuck I'm so bad.

If you're on JPSN (and in Japan) there's a group of us who play every night. Go ahead and add me (worldrevolution) and we can get some games/practice in! The competition on JPSN for this game (and SF4) is much better than other regions in my opinion.

vg260

Ok, that is entirely reasonable. They should have let people buy single costumes from the start. I have no problem with this.

Especially because they've already said they're going to make further sets of costumes later (aka, not on the disc :p) so this establishes a good policy.

Hopefully they don't hold back bundle packs for months like UMvC3 and SFIV. That's a crappy policy.

zlatko

Banned
I've come across probably one or two rufus players online. That's probably why. Still, all the problem and cheap characters seem to be on the SF side.

Lol yeah that's a good point. I don't feel any of the Tekken characters piss me off. I could see Kazuya pissing other people off, but I play him and feel he's a pretty linear character on what he can do, so if you have solid reactions and match experience he isn't much to be scared of, but if you fuck up he will smash your health bar.

I'm still holding my breath that Bob will become a cheap as fuck character at least on the pro scene where they can do the 6 hit loop into super to destroy 90% of health in one shot.

Wait till you play a decent or above Rufus. You will cry a river of salt.

A friend of mine plays a really good Rufus, SO ANNOYING. Every move he does is safe, dive kicks, jabs and what not. It's very hard to punish, its even tough to alpha counter at times.

Sayah

Lol yeah that's a good point. I don't feel any of the Tekken characters piss me off. I could see Kazuya pissing other people off, but I play him and feel he's a pretty linear character on what he can do, so if you have solid reactions and match experience he isn't much to be scared of, but if you fuck up he will smash your health bar.

I'm still holding my breath that Bob will become a cheap as fuck character at least on the pro scene where they can do the 6 hit loop into super to destroy 90% of health in one shot.

Kazuya's d,d/b,b + LP is punishable on block so that mixup can become predictable. I don't see him as much of a problem character but he can do really good damage once he gets hits in.
Haven't seen much of Bob either.

I have tried that team out, talk about heavy hitters.

Yeah. Loving Heihachi right now.

Top Bottom