• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

aknbad30

Banned
Nina and kaz are great together. I'm considering them. I'm using law and Nina at the moment, running into a few brick walls but it's just a lack of knowledge on applying their good moves in some match ups.

Honestly I think the timeouts are due to many factors. since the game is balanced off the gems, they're needed to produce better combos and quicker footsie battles. I think a lot of people realize they cannot mash and throw as often in here so there's a lot of adaptation going on and relearning what it is to use more than four or five moves.

Right now, with gems not being used, people need to keep massive pressure going on until a gem standard can be used. Tag combos, supers, specials, tag supers are the best ways to minimize health recovery and downtime if you let opponents slip and tag out.

if you drop someone to 50 percent through pokes and boost combos, he or she will comeback with 65 or 70 percent off tag out recovery. there's a lot of combo and punish and post knockdown pressure to consider in overall strategy.

I'm rotating between Nina, Kaz and Law also. All 3 are so awesome.

Seriously, I can't imagine how anyone could watch this and not think that 2 vs 2 teams is the best way for this game to be played on the top levels. So much more hype. I really hope it goes 2 vs 2 at Evo.

Threi

notag
2v2 offline is the greatest thing ever

when you successfully continue a tag cancel from your partner's combo

you both just are like "yeah we are total badasses"

...on the other hand when they are low on health and are trying to be a hero:

"TAG ME IN MOTHERFUCKER YOU BETTER BELIEVE THE NEXT TIME YOU LAND AS MUCH AS A HIT IM IN THERE"

Ferrio

Banned
Something needs to be done about time outs. Less health or more damage. 3 timeouts in a row is NOT hype.

It's not because health or damage, people are just really turtly right now, as well as can't land their combos consistantly yet. Give the game time.

kirblar

Yes, 50% meterless combos off of 1 c.lk is too low.
Damage scaling is also part of the problem. The SFIV system isn't working right in a game that encourages long Tekken-style combos. I suspect moving towards a system more like MvC3 (with say, minimum damage on Supers) would help matters.

Ferrio

Banned
Damage scaling is also part of the problem. The SFIV system isn't working right in a game that encourages long Tekken-style combos. I suspect moving towards a system more like MvC3 (with say, minimum damage on Supers) would help matters.

I will agree the damage scaling is pretty fucking nuts. Basic BnBs almost do as much as extended combos using meter.

kirblar

I will agree the damage scaling is pretty fucking nuts. Basic BnBs almost do as much as extended combos using meter.
It's why the Grapplers are so good right now- with such short combos, they're able to escape the damage getting nerfed into oblivion.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We should get a team thing going on later tonight. I'll be sticking to PSN for the foreseeable future. Doesn't help that some of Live GAF has already sold the game.

Sticking to my typicals until I have time to learn the other characters.

Threi

notag
looser damage scaling will make the tiers more imbalanced though, skewing it more towards chars that can extend their combos and juggles with little effort, while others that dont depend heavily on combos get the shaft.

basically, it turns into mvc3.

Ferrio

Banned
looser damage scaling will make the tiers more imbalanced though, skewing it more towards chars that can extend their combos and juggles with little effort, while others that dont depend heavily on combos get the shaft.

Like poor hugo...

MoxManiac

They either need to extend the timer or freeze it during long animations (supers/cross arts, command throws, etc) I don't think they need to mess with damage or health.

Yep...

Fuck that. They should just slow the timer down when any long animation happens.

renic at the salt lick

himalayan-rock-salt-lick.jpg

FinKL

Also, in Max's defense,

Renic could of just been spamming tag on all of Max's moves just to switch out on hit or block. But losing the round when you still have full health = :(

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Seriously, I can't imagine how anyone could watch this and not think that 2 vs 2 teams is the best way for this game to be played on the top levels.
Kind of sucks for local scenes that have an odd number of players. I've had to pass on driving out to some MvC3 team-only tournaments since absolutely nobody else in my dump of a town plays the game.

Not that 2v2 isn't fun or anything.

kirblar

Not when you scale them individually instead of using a one-size-fits-all model.

Sblargh

Banned
So, I playd against this Heihachi x Kazuya today in the C+ rank.
He would jump jump hk and do BnBs. And that's it.
and I lost once to him
It was funny on the second game that he would jump, I would anti air with Poison's cr.hp. Then he would jump again, and I would do it again, and again and again and then... he stopped. He realized jumping in wasn't working, so he actually did not know what to do, not a single shred of a backup plan, no attempts of poke, nothing, he would just go back and forth, possibly expecting me to jump in.
So I won. I kind of want to teleport to the future where I know enough about the game where repeated jump-ins are no longer something that can beat me.

SmokeMaxX

Let's let Rolento do his 80 hit rekkas for 90%.

Top Bottom