• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

I want to try all the characters but this really seems like the game you might HAVE to settle for one or two teams - I'm so used to just picking random select.

I'm switching between Kuma, Lili and Asuka at the moment, not having any luck with anyone - but it's at least fun to do reversals with Asuka - when they work :/

Novid

Banned
For a dude that hasnt used Futanari-Sama that much - Gootenks isnt bad. Mike Ross is god among men with marduk though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Stream gets pixelated and muddy when in motion. Besides the high contrast which is a preference for certain people and sharpness being probably 100. Framerate is smooth for most of the part when it doesn't freeze.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
NOT LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judderman

drawer by drawer
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

MThanded

So one of the biggest issues with the damage scaling is it limits the comeback potential. I think they should have added something more like Rage from tekken. You get a reduction of scaling or a slight damage boost when your health is low.

Maybe you could trade your possibility of pandora activation in for this.

Right now if you are down quite a bit and there are 30 seconds on the game clock.

"So one of the biggest issues with the damage scaling is it limits the comeback potential. I think they should have added something more like Rage from tekken. You get a reduction of scaling or a slight damage boost when your health is low.

Maybe you could trade your possibility of pandora activation in for this."

Limited comeback potential when every character has 40-50% combos? Everyone is tired of comeback mechanics. Everyone bitched when they thought Pandora was a comeback mechanic. You want comeback mechanics because timeouts are happening?

Time is a resource, like everything else in the game. Manage it properly.

Nah man fuck that, it just times the game out plus this isn't marvel.

Isn't it big character specific? It also doesn't connect through the regular bnb string does it?

I just hate banning shit period. The FGC has only really banned two things. ST Akuma and Third Strike Gill. Both are which are characters and not infinite. If Capcom wants to release a patch and take it out (Jin's Swag kick) then they can do that but I hate the idea of banning shit.

Just not in my blood.

Ferrio

Banned
Yep...

Fuck that. They should just slow the timer down when any long animation happens.

How is it yep? Currently the game is in favors heavy hitting characters. Any characters that have their combos damage frontloaded do much better.

The damage increase for using meter is almost neglible.

I'm not advocating touch of death combos or anything, but for a game that has such a neat combo system... the damage scaling really limits it's potential.

MThanded

Everyone is tired of comeback mechanics. Everyone bitched when they thought Pandora was a comeback mechanic. You want comeback mechanics because timeouts are happening?

I'm not familiar with the tekken scene. Do people complain about rage?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Isn't it big character specific? It also doesn't connect through the regular bnb string does it?

I just hate banning shit period. The FGC has only really banned two things. ST Akuma and Third Strike Gill. Both are which are characters and not infinite. If Capcom wants to release a patch and take it out (Jin's Swag kick) then they can do that but I hate the idea of banning shit.

Just not in my blood.
You haven't seen the marvel 2 rule list have you?

"I'm not familiar with the tekken scene. Do people complain about rage?"

Somewhat. People are over it now and people have strategies against it, but I don't think many actually like its inclusion in the game.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Everyone is tired of comeback mechanics. Everyone bitched when they thought Pandora was a comeback mechanic. You want comeback mechanics because timeouts are happening?

I subscribe fully to "Take yo ass whippin' and get better next time" school of thought. Bravo.

SupaNaab

This is kind of a paradox. Gems aren't allowed in weekly tourneys because of setup time but by removing gems timeouts are definitely more numerous. Watching the Machinima stream still suffer from timeouts even with gems is disappointing. What the game really might benefit from is a guard break, not a comeback mechanic.

"This is kind of a paradox. Gems aren't allowed in weekly tourneys because of setup time but by removing gems timeouts are definitely more numerous. Watching the Machinima stream still suffer from timeouts even with gems is disappointing. What the game really might benefit from is a guard break, not a comeback mechanic."

Now I *totally* agree with this. 100%. Was actually one of the first things I thought could/should be added to the game, for its own benefit.

SamVimes

I don't think throwing yet another mechanic in this game is a good idea.

So people can play lame to get timeouts, big deal. It's just another style of play.

Top Bottom