• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Do people really hate on Kazuya? He might be really good, but he's a hard character to play. There are not going to be any scrubs playing kazuya well. He's not like ken or ryu.

I'm not sure what everyone else thinks but 90% of the time, I'm facing either one of them. Online play is basically saturated with them. Makes matches boring.

Yeah I have faced the same. On the bright side, not playing ken or Ryu makes sure they are having a much more fun experience when they play me.

GorillaJu

Ryu is awesome because you don't have to spend but 5 minutes learning him to have a competent character.

I can just work on learning Lili and use Ryu sparingly to try to turn the tide. It's getting better.

I've found that something I really like is giving my partner an onslaught gem that triggers off of launcher. I can start with Lili, get a quick B C launch, and I'll start building meter right away.

GorillaJu

Kaz is a very unpopular character in the actual Tekken series in my experience. The only place I've been where I've seen a fair amount of Kaz players is Korea. When I lived in San Diego I think there were 1 or 2 SDTekken guys who played Kaz, and those guys were really good.

A good Kaz player is fantastic to watch because of the speed of his attack, which generally revolves around quick EWGFs. However because he has a slow jab and has to work for his wins a lot more than say, Bob, Law, Lili, Bryan and others, he's never been a very popular choice.

I'm not surprised that he's super strong in SFxT though, at least from what we've seen. Capcom likes to make their flagship characters extremely powerful and I'd expect that to extend to Tekken.

Can't wait to try out Bryan, though.

zlatko

Banned
So I missed the machinma stream. A link to the archive?

Oh and what's the word on Capcomunity chat about a patch today?

vulva

Her spin, and use her f+mk to advance. Ya I should try using her head stop thing.. wonder if it's fast enough.

i've used the EX one pretty successfully.

Also a combo that uses full bar but can be used to punish raw tags I've been using with her:

Jumping hk, lk uppercut, lk uppercut, cr. mp, ex whirly bird, super.

Pretty easy to land and does 526 damage. :)

Ferrio

Banned
i've used the EX one pretty successfully.

Also a combo that uses full bar but can be used to punish raw tags I've been using with her:

Jumping hk, lk uppercut, lk uppercut, cr. mp, ex whirly bird, super.

Pretty easy to land and does 526 damage. :)

BnB for me is:

j. hk/crossup mk, c.hp, lk knee, lk knee, c.hp, qcf+k

or if I have a meter

j. hk/crossup mk, c.hp, lk knee, lk knee, tag into hugo, c.lp, lp clap, dp+mk

vulva

BnB for me is:

or if I have a meter

I use basically the same BnB, so it's nice that with a full bar, if you land the start, you can get massive damage without even needing a tag

Sayah

Oh wow. I think I'm actually getting better at this game. Starting to get used to the Ryu + Ken teams. Although, a new problem seems to be Akuma players that love to keep jumping back and shoot fireballs. How irritating.

Ferrio

Banned
I use basically the same BnB, so it's nice that with a full bar, if you land the start, you can get massive damage without even needing a tag

I don't us her super alot cause it has odd issues juggling. Rather save my meter for hugo, get the 620 dmg combo usign only 2 meter.

Toski

Oh wow. I think I'm actually getting better at this game. Starting to get used to the Ryu + Ken teams. Although, a new problem seems to be Akuma players that love to keep jumping back and shoot fireballs. How irritating.

You didn't play S(S)F4? That is the staple noob/troll Akuma tactic.

vulva

I don't us her super alot cause it has odd issues juggling. Rather save my meter for hugo, get the 620 dmg combo usign only 2 meter.

since my other char is Chun, I feel this is better for me. I respect that though. In terms of juggling, if you ever do use ex whirly whatever just wait until they're just a bit after the bounce

Sayah

You didn't play S(S)F4? That is the staple noob/troll Akuma tactic.

Never played SFIV unfortunately. The worst thing about Akuma is that his super can reach anywhere in the stage so while I'm chasing him down, I could very well become the target of the super.

vocab

Never played SFIV unfortunately. The worst thing about Akuma is that his super can reach anywhere in the stage so while I'm chasing him down, I could very well become the target of the super.

Just jump back. That super hit me once because I had no idea it was some retarded vacuum suck super. Never again

Resilient

BnB for me is:

or if I have a meter

You should use Bed time to hit confirm before the Angel Knee, so
j.hk/crossup mk, s.lp , f.mp, d.mk, angel knee, angel knee, and whatevs after that.

Or for more damage but slightly harder, do s.mp, s.mp into the angel knee. Pretty easy if you plink it.

Shouta

Aha, I played in the monthly tournament for this area, got a win with Law and Paul! But uh, it was in the loser's bracket, against a guy that mains Soul Calibur V, and has only played against folks in SFxT like a handful of times. It's a win though!

I should get back to the game instead of playing all that SCV. >=|

GorillaJu

You should use Bed time to hit confirm before the Angel Knee, so
j.hk/crossup mk, s.lp , f.mp, d.mk, angel knee, angel knee, and whatevs after that.

Or for more damage but slightly harder, do s.mp, s.mp into the angel knee. Pretty easy if you plink it.

Neither of those options is better than a cr FP. Bed time scales a lot and MPs are a one frame link, and do less damage than a cr FP.

Top Bottom