• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Ferrio

Banned
Neither of those options is better than a cr FP. Bed time scales a lot and MPs are a one frame link, and do less damage than a cr FP.

Except you have to link from s.lp into cr fp which is a 1 frame link. Throwing out that c.fp without confirming it isn't cool.

That said, am I insane or is a majority of the stuff in this game relatively safe? The fact that stuff like patriot circle is -1 boggles my mind.

Jenga

Banned
he's a hard character to play. . There are not going to be any scrubs playing kazuya well. He's not like ken or ryu

master mist step cancelling and EWGF and you're good to go

kazuya's mixup is one of the best, his damage is one of the best, and a ton of characters who normally do very well in melee get beat out by kazuya's normals/ex shit

his only real weakness is AA. calling rufus and juri!

Jenga

Banned
LOL at all the dumbasses on ranked that let me just sit back up and build a fuck ton of meter with ogre.

Run into any abels yet? Every Ogre i've run into love to do ancient power on wakeup or do the super skrull slam and I just punish with EX TT every time. I'm curious whether or not Abel is actually a bad matchup for the dude.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Run into any abels yet? Every Ogre i've run into love to do ancient power on wakeup or do the super skrull slam and I just punish with EX TT every time. I'm curious whether or not Abel is actually a bad matchup for the dude.

Why would abel be a bad match up? I've slaughtered all the ones I've fought

Grifter

just played a converted BB player who was non-stop shenanigans with ogre fishing into big combos. marvel helped me block it.

NeoUltima

This isn't over, NeoUltima. Not by a long shot
It is as long as you let me hit you with wake up supers lol

On a serious note, you should roll less. It's too predictable and lets me get easy pressure once I knock you down.
(not to say your Hugo doesn't own me anyway)

Resilient

Neither of those options is better than a cr FP. Bed time scales a lot and MPs are a one frame link, and do less damage than a cr FP.

True, but they're safer options on a block string. I guess only go for the cr FP if you land the j.HK , if you decide to jump with her. In my experience it hasn't worked well to jump in with her though.

Just had a play with Rolento, zzzz easy mode combos...

GorillaJu

Except you have to link from s.lp into cr fp which is a 1 frame link. Throwing out that c.fp without confirming it isn't cool.

That said, am I insane or is a majority of the stuff in this game relatively safe? The fact that stuff like patriot circle is -1 boggles my mind.

The combos in question all started with jump-ins, which is why the cr FP is the best option. I think right now, st LP - bed time is the most reliable link for me

It's important to use the links I can do vs the ones I can't. My success rate with mp - mp or cr MP - MP is only about 60% or less.

Resilient

It's important to use the links I can do vs the ones I can't. My success rate with mp - mp or cr MP - MP is only about 60% or less.

It's a tough link but it's a lot easier if you plink it. Pay off is good too, most people won't expect those two to link so you can mix it up.

d0c_zaius

I think I'm stealing Chris Hu's Poison/Lili team. Shits too good.

Poison seems like every special she has was made to be interrupted though.

remist

The combos in question all started with jump-ins, which is why the cr FP is the best option. I think right now, st LP - bed time is the most reliable link for me

What combos are you doing against crouching opponents when you don't have any meter?

Man I really suck at this game but for some reason I'm still having fun even when I've only won 2/30 games online. It's really satisfying to complete a trial or grasp some concept you didn't understand before. I can feel myself getting better inch by inch.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I really need some help, I cant find it anywhere on the net and I have no idea why i seem to be the only one having trouble with this.

Why cant I figure out the trick to aiming Vega's Super in this game? I had no trouble with it in AE, but It doesn't seem to work the same in this game. I start charge down and try to end with a particular direction and Vega seems to go to w.e wall he feels like. Anyone have any advice?

Xevren

I really need some help, I cant find it anywhere on the net and I have no idea why i seem to be the only one having trouble with this.

Why cant I figure out the trick to aiming Vega's Super in this game? I had no trouble with it in AE, but It doesn't seem to work the same in this game. I start charge down and try to end with a particular direction and Vega seems to go to w.e wall he feels like. Anyone have any advice?

Seems like you can aim it during the super freeze, so just try holding what direction you want once you see it fire.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Seems like you can aim it during the super freeze, so just try holding what direction you want once you see it fire.

I literally just figured out the difference. In this game you have to hold that direction. In AE it was all one motion. Now I can finish my big damage combos finally..

Just make sure you go through neutral stick state and don't bring the stick to the up position until after it passes neutral.

Speaking of Vega I am having a bitch of a time linking off his overhead into the cr. LK > cr. LP > cr. MP BnB. Anyone good at this?

GorillaJu

What combos are you doing against crouching opponents when you don't have any meter?

Man I really suck at this game but for some reason I'm still having fun even when I've only won 2/30 games online. It's really satisfying to complete a trial or grasp some concept you didn't understand before. I can feel myself getting better inch by inch.

I'm pretty sure bed time forces stand with the final hit (mk). I usually manage to land the cr FP to force a stand to combo, though I know it won't work in "high level" play

F+HK - bed time
Cross-up j MK or j HK- cr FP
st LP - bed time
cr MP - MP

xx lk dp - cr FP xx qcb k+k (k) - cr FP xx qcf LK (lk) (lk) with meter
xx lk dp - lk dp - cr FP xx qcf LK (lk) (lk) without

Something that was mentioned on Srk is that Lili's launcher does 100 dmg even at the end of a chain (normal is 50), so you can start a juggle for your partner for a lot of dmg with a quick mp xx FP xx launch

Like I said I like to build meter by putting an onslaught gem on my partner that activates off a partner launch, so I can start with Lili, fish for a launcher chain and right off the bat I can do a decent dmg juggle (with her 100 dmg launcher) and start a quick meter build with my partner as soon as they come in.

I'm not good though I learned a lot just by playing endless with 1 random scrub who I beat 10 or so times before he gave up.

I've seen a lot of Ryu/Kazuya teams.

*raises hand*

his only real weakness is AA. calling rufus and juri!

I guess I'm theory fighting a bit, but I don't think his anti air is that bad. A well timed cr. HP is good for close jump ins, st. MK is good for far jump ins and EX slaughter hook can really catch people off guard. I've hardly played people though, so I can't say I'm anti-airing people left and right but the tools seem to be there. He has no DP, but maybe his anti air isn't as bad as people think it is. Only time will tell though.

I first heard of Ken being considered top tier by the Japanese on WNF. I thought they were just joking by making that up. But then I see that there was a tier list made by Japanese people(by who, I don't know yet). But really, Ken is considered top tier? I mean I realize his tatsu, both air and ground, are pretty good in this game. But his normals are complete ass. Pretty much without meter all he can really do is chain into launcher. So is there something I'm missing here?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I first heard of Ken being considered top tier by the Japanese on WNF. I thought they were just joking by making that up. But then I see that there was a tier list made by Japanese people(by who, I don't know yet). But really, Ken is considered top tier? I mean I realize his tatsu, both air and ground, are pretty good in this game. But his normals are complete ass. Pretty much without meter all he can really do is chain into launcher. So is there something I'm missing here?

That tier list is pure shit, ignore it.

hertog

Today I'm gonna try out a team with atleast one grappler like Hugo or Zangief.

I'm getting very good at zoning in this game, but due tot the soundglitch I can't combo/punish people properly.

So I don't do enough damage and a lot of these games end in a time-out victory. So I need some of that braindead easy Hugo-combo-damage.

So what do you guys think of Megaman and Pacman so far?

I haven't played with Megaman much, but I like what I've seen so far. Pacman....I love. I've always liked big clunky characters than require deliberate movements, so he is a fun pick for me. I like Cole as well. Those two cats are kinda weird, and what's up with the infinite Koro combo lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, this is something I've never been able to understand about stuff like this and SFIV and Marvel...I'm doing Raven's trials, and I'm supposed to do cr.LP, cr.MP, Alter Ego H. If I just do cr.MP, Alter Ego H, it comes out correctly every time. But I throw the cr.LP in there, and the Alter Ego NEVER comes out. I'm doing the exact same motions and button presses as I am when I do it without the cr.LP, but it doesn't work. What the hell. Can someone please explain this to me?

Okay, this is something I've never been able to understand about stuff like this and SFIV and Marvel...I'm doing Raven's trials, and I'm supposed to do cr.LP, cr.MP, Alter Ego H. If I just do cr.MP, Alter Ego H, it comes out correctly every time. But I throw the cr.LP in there, and the Alter Ego NEVER comes out. I'm doing the exact same motions and button presses as I am when I do it without the cr.LP, but it doesn't work. What the hell. Can someone please explain this to me?

Yeah, it always seemed to me like the timing tightened up when it came to things like this.

Ferrio

Banned

You can't cancel into a special move if you've chained normals together.
You're chaining cr.lp into cr.mp. You need to link them.

If you don't know what a link is.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35793050&postcount=4111

Wizpig

So what do you guys think of Megaman and Pacman so far?
Lol 360.

Waiting for them (IF they come), possibly without the "floating" glitch.
How about the cats? are they "broken"? "annoying"? can they be banned from online gameplay?

I'm in that same situation where i play decently only one character in a 2v2 game.
Maybe i'll go back to my Tatsunoko vs Capcom team, but damn it i don't really like Ryu that much.

I'll try Chun-Lili...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You can't cancel into a special move if you've chained normals together.
You're chaining cr.lp into cr.mp. You need to link them.

Yeah, I just got that from a YouTube video. It'd be really nice if the game would, you know, explain things like that. For as much as Capcom says "Oh, SFxT is great for beginners and pros alike!", they certainly don't go out of their way to help people learn stuff like that.

Top Bottom