• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Degen

Lol, I went to Replay Channel to look for Kuma matches, and it's full of GAF members thanks to CO_Andy.

Currently watching Floyd/Ferrio vs CO_Andy/Q

edit: welp, on to CO_Andy vs Floyd :lol

edit #2: Switched to Nina matches... 182BP Nina player vs MoodyShuffle and freaking Rolento. This won't end well
oh man... the Nina player probaby got about 250 damage on both of Moody's characters combined in round two, and less than that in round 1...

Okay since getting no response in the stick thread. What are the best stock sticks available? Ones with quality parts that need no modding.

Madcatz, Eightarc, Hori VLX, are the ones I can think of

Madcatz is simple quality sanwa parts, just a standard quality stick

Eightarc is same parts but comes dual modded (and looks cooler)

Hori VLX gets mad praise. Fchamp and many others swear that this is the BEST stick to have at home. I have heard nothing bad about the hori vlx

If this is your first stick and you want a quality "cheap" one, then wait for a major and just get a madcatz and use the promo code they always advertise. That is how I got mine for like 110 bucks with shipping.

kirblar

Kuma: Point or Secondary? I currently have him on secondary behind Ken, but not sure if it's the best spot for him, since he kinda wants a bit of distance (and a tag in off a sweep to try and get a jump in.)

Kuma: Point or Secondary? I currently have him on secondary behind Ken, but not sure if it's the best spot for him, since he kinda wants a bit of distance (and a tag in off a sweep to try and get a jump in.)

I always put him secondary as his ex-anti-air attack is probably the best in the game. Given that beyond that he's not got much going for him just huge damage with awkward confirms, and dodgy command grabs. I don't see why you'd put him anywhere else.

Ferrio

Banned
Madcatz, Eightarc, Hori VLX, are the ones I can think of

Madcatz is simple quality sanwa parts, just a standard quality stick

Eightarc is same parts but comes dual modded (and looks cooler)

Hori VLX gets mad praise. Fchamp and many others swear that this is the BEST stick to have at home. I have heard nothing bad about the hori vlx

If this is your first stick and you want a quality "cheap" one, then wait for a major and just get a madcatz and use the promo code they always advertise. That is how I got mine for like 110 bucks with shipping.

Not my first stick, but first Japanese one. Used a mas stick for 10 years but it's having issues. What's the difference between sanwa and seimetsu? And which.sticks use which?

Not my first stick, but first Japanese one. Used a mad such for 10 years but it's having issues. What's the difference between sanwa and seimetsu? And which.sticks use which?

I'm not entirely sure between the makers, but what I do know is sanwa parts are amazing. They are responsive and durable, and really that is all I care about.

I would go with a madcatz TE and just wait for a discount code from a major. Markman always throws those out every big tourney. Also I believe Madcatz is hosting a major as well pretty soon in SD, I'm sure they will have a discount promo running for the event.

Awhile ago Fanatiq went to the fgtv house for a week, by the end of it they said for him to never come back and other stuff because he was playing to many money matches, saying he was disrespectful to the house and such.

Fanatic is the nicest guy around, but he really loves his gambling. Like, really loves it.

kirblar

guys please evaluate my new kuma combo

j.Fierce
Fierce
hcf+Fierce
Fierce
Fierce
hcf+Fierce
Fierce

I'm getting pretty goddamn advanced at this game.
Any advice on the second special cancel? I can get the first five hits in but I'm having trouble getting the second HCF+F out in time. (I may need to get a stick for this game.)

Any advice on the second special cancel? I can get the first five hits in but I'm having trouble getting the second HCF+F out in time. (I may need to get a stick for this game.)

You really don't need a stick for this. Use roundhouse instead of fierce and then I promise you the HCF fierce will be east as pie. Though keep in mind it's best to go into your super if you've got the bar, or HCF ex-kick into fierce, FCF + F>F.

kirblar

You really don't need a stick for this. Use roundhouse instead of fierce and then I promise you the HCF fierce will be east as pie. Though keep in mind it's best to go into your super if you've got the bar, or HCF ex-kick into fierce, FCF + F>F.
Oh wow, yeah, that's tons easier. Thanks!

At which point do you switch over to the Super or EX-KK wallbounce in the basic jump-in combo if using bar? Doing Jump-F, F->EX Tiger Bear Knee-> Roundhouse-HCF->F-F seems to get me a bit of a damage increase, although only enough to really be useful in the case where I need to finish someone.

Sayah

Okay.......What is the best method to approach Zangief? He can do his stupid spin anytime I try to come near him. Completely guards against everything. And If I'm guarding, his grab can reach from such a far distance.

Shouta

I've been saying Kuma's top tier for the last week. He's a fucking bear, how the hell can any man or woman beat a fucking bear? He knows it's such a joke that he farts on the opponent rather than mauling them to death in his super.

Jin's clearly the weak point of me team, dude doesn't even have an anti-air that doesn't require 20 seconds of set-up or a 80-20 chance that the opponent will beat it clean for a huge punish. Kuma's ex-bear ball is sick anti-air that rolls straight into a combo. I wish Panda was in the game so I could be using a solid team right now, having to pick a character that isn't a bear is shit.

I've actually just started playing Kuma and he's hilariously awesome. Once you start a combo he can just ride it for huge damage like the combo Degen posted. I usually use roundhouse as well before the second hcf+p though. I've done better with him and law than I have with any other team in the last week. I've dubbed the team "Bear Soup."

kirblar

I've actually just started playing Kuma and he's hilariously awesome. Once you start a combo he can just ride it for huge damage like the combo Degen posted. I usually use roundhouse as well before the second hcf+p though. I've done better with him and law than I have with any other team in the last week. I've dubbed the team "Bear Soup."
Yeah, using roundhouse for both gives you more time for the special cancel.

Oh wow, yeah, that's tons easier. Thanks!

At which point do you switch over to the Super or EX-KK wallbounce in the basic jump-in combo if using bar?

I feel Kuma's a character who its hard to get any kind of damage with, but when you're able to get it the damage will be ludicrous. That means if you land with a jump in go for the ex if you have one bar, the super if you have two.

Though with that said it's all down to personal preference. If you want to save all of Kuma's ex for utility (with anti-air at least) it's understandable, especially when it come to more skilled opposition. For example when I'm against a good Juri I know I need the ex to beat out dive-kick set-ups and her stupidly fast jump-in as I know I can't jump in myself (her cr.mp is murder).

Ultimately I think Kuma's a really basic character who gains some God-like utility with that ex anti-air/reversal if you're against a skilled player. Outside of that you goal should be to bait and punish. Forward lp>mp>hp will beat out jumps and back-dashes clean. will be safe if you end it will qcf lp, and will lead to huge damage if confirmed into hcf HP>HP, HK, HCF HP>HP. It's the ideal offence to put opponents into the mindset that they need to DP, and the ideal thing to punish DPs with.

I feel that's the crux of his game, along with his mid command grab if they get too scared.

CO_Andy

Lol, I went to Replay Channel to look for Kuma matches, and it's full of GAF members thanks to CO_Andy.

Currently watching Floyd/Ferrio vs CO_Andy/Q

edit: welp, on to CO_Andy vs Floyd :lol
I think i actually scared away Q and Ferrio with my zany antics that time lol (made mah pardner Q die in our last match doing an accidental switch out).

In my defense, it was the first time i took the game for a ride online; was not accustomed to the game's BS yet.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Okay.......What is the best method to approach Zangief? He can do his stupid spin anytime I try to come near him. Completely guards against everything. And If I'm guarding, his grab can reach from such a far distance.

LOL you try to out poke him yeah have fun :D

Okay.......What is the best method to approach Zangief?

You don't. Get as far away as you can and deal damage from a distance. It's HIS job to get close not yours. If you can't do stuff from a mile away well try to attack him without getting too close. Use some of the better pokes your characters have.

You don't. Get as far away as you can and deal damage from a distance. It's HIS job to get close not yours. If you can't do stuff from a mile away well try to attack him without getting too close. Use some of the better pokes your characters have.

So it's safe to say that Steve is screwed in this situation?

Really good advice. You really have to practice patience, because all of your work can be undone with literally one mistake while facing him. Quite literally.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
So it's safe to say that Steve is screwed in this situation?

I don't have a hard time with Zangief with Steve (or anyone in this game) for some reason. He seems tamer here than 4, although his throw range seems crazy on block. With Steve I play keep away using Hellfire and weaves and then go fishing for a f.mp->lp or a ducking mp if he likes to jump in to close the gap. The second option is by no means safe but if you space it right you can usually avoid getting in trouble. When close in f.lp->mp or hit confirming a crouching medium into another one and then the bnb is your best bet. I'm not saying it's easy at all, and Steve is definitely at a disadvantage with most in this game, but all it takes is a single lp to connect to launch and get him out of there.

Jenga

Banned
I've been doing Law's trials. A lot of his stuff seems pretty cool. I'm still not sure how to play him or if he compliments Kazuya very well.

Law's pretty good, but he has major complications against some of the top tier. Raven and Kazuya don't give two shits about anything he can throw out. Same thing with Rolento.

Go into training and find out what beats his lariat from the air(At least one move for your character should). Then proceed with caution. You can't play gief like you play other characters or you'll get worked. You see a gief spamming lariat whenever you come in just bait it. Think of it like a DP but you can beat it while jumping in. As for the range on his spd... read what it says in the guide about his range. If you feel you're too close backdash, sometimes he'll whiff an spd and you can punish hard.

Just speaking from things that tend to own my gief.

Vice

I'm loving this game. I even decided to learn stick and bought a SFxT TE to replace my brawl stick. Are there any majors this weekend?

Edit: I'm online, if anyone wants to play just send me an invite.

Sayah

I use Nina and Kazuya.......I can't attack from a distance and Gief players always out-poke me. Really need to pick up a projectile character. :/

LOL you try to out poke him yeah have fun :D

That's what I've been trying so far, lol.

Go into training and find out what beats his lariat from the air(At least one move for your character should). Then proceed with caution. You can't play gief like you play other characters or you'll get worked. You see a gief spamming lariat whenever you come in just bait it. Think of it like a DP but you can beat it while jumping in. As for the range on his spd... read what it says in the guide about his range. If you feel you're too close backdash, sometimes he'll whiff an spd and you can punish hard.

Just speaking from things that tend to own my gief.

This will be really helpful. Thanks! :D

Aedile

I'm loving this game. I even decided to learn stick and bought a SFxT TE to replace my brawl stick. Are there any majors this weekend?

There's a major next weekend (Norcal Regionals), but the talent pool will be diluted somewhat due to MLG Columbus also taking place.

As for this game, I think I might have ruined my ability to take it seriously by trolling with super easy input Gief online...

Jenga

Banned
For all the talk about Lili on here I've only met one other person who played her. And that was because he was stomping me so hard in endless that he just wanted to embarrass me more by beating me with my own char.
I've had that happen to me. Happily I usually kick their ass.

Sayah

I'm definitely starting to like this game and really am starting to understand a lot of the mechanics. There is frustration, tension, and constant poking and mind games to get a hit in and follow up with combos. It's really great. Although it can be anger-inducing sometimes, that's what I sort of expect from fighters. It's not the same type of stress and frustration I feel from my local Tekken play either (which is on its own level). It's a completely different type of stress.....sort of unique on its own and carrying its own attributes. Really amazing. Hopefully this post makes sense, lol.

There's a major next weekend (Norcal Regionals), but the talent pool will be diluted somewhat due to MLG Columbus also taking place.

As for this game, I think I might have ruined my ability to take it seriously by trolling with super easy input Gief online...

I thought super easy input would cost meter or something... that 10% dmg reduction is not enough. Pushing up + jab and spding is ridiculous.

Top Bottom