• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Haunted

I cracked up when Steinmania used the infinite with Kazuya in the Cross Counter Pro Invitational and the room just blew up as everyone realised they didn't made this clear in the rules beforehand.

I think SFxT is at a really good spot right now, somewhere between the absolute craziness of Marvel and the slower-paced technicalities of SSFIV. Probably my favourite fighting game to watch right now.

hertog

I'm definitely starting to like this game and really am starting to understand a lot of the mechanics. There is frustration, tension, and constant poking and mind games to get a hit in and follow up with combos. It's really great. Although it can be anger-inducing sometimes, that's what I sort of expect from fighters. It's not the same type of stress and frustration I feel from my local Tekken play either (which is on its own level). It's a completely different type of stress.....sort of unique on its own and carrying its own attributes. Really amazing. Hopefully this post makes sense, lol.

Yes I know what you mean. I had this giant lead with my Guile/Raven team against a Sagat/Heihachi team.

I got to cocky with Raven once, and forgot to switch him out while Guile had his entire lifebar.
I got stuck in the corner and ate one massive combo into launcher into combo that killed my Raven with 2 seconds left on the clock :(

Tizoc

Anyone want their online gamertag put up in the first posts?
Also, anything I should change/edit in the first posts as well?

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Decided that I want to learn Ibuki for the first time after 3 games (I played 3s and AE and never touched her) and it seems to be a bit of a challenge for me. I'll stick with it though.

I thought super easy input would cost meter or something... that 10% dmg reduction is not enough. Pushing up + jab and spding is ridiculous.
inputs are already as easy as ever in this game. its not just a 10% dmg reduction, its 10% + wasting a gem slot that could be used for something else. if this game still had 720s, then perhaps i'd understand people being upset at people doing walk up 720s with ease.

hertog

I hate shoryuken's and other dragon punches so much in this game.
Haven;t figured out the exact timing to punish them and the sound glitch makes it so much harder.
Though Ken sometimes even escapes a launcher combo with another shoryuken, and Sagat's Tiger Knee into Tiger Uppercut pisses me off so much. While it's just basic stuff the sound glitch makes it way too much an advantage for the attacking party.

Myomoto

I thought super easy input would cost meter or something... that 10% dmg reduction is not enough. Pushing up + jab and spding is ridiculous.

Why? Doing a 360 motion is already completely trivial (I'm pretty sure you only need to do a 270 in this game as well). If your opponent feels like he wants to gimp himself by doing less damage and loosing a gem just to circumvent a pretty easy input, I'd say you're already in the advantage.

SamVimes

Why? Doing a 360 motion is already completely trivial (I'm pretty sure you only need to do a 270 in this game as well). If your opponent feels like he wants to gimp himself by doing less damage and loosing a gem just to circumvent a pretty easy input, I'd say you're already in the advantage.

Because in footsies being able to just press up+p to spd is pretty great, if the opponent stick a low forward you may not be able to do the full motion in time.

pretty sure its 225* in this game.

half circles (180*) are definitely only 135* in this game.

Myomoto

Because in footsies being able to just press up+p to spd is pretty great, if the opponent stick a low forward you may not be able to do the full motion in time.

I've never played a lot of Gief, but I'm pretty sure you could just practice how to buffer his 360s while moving either backwards or forwards.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I hate shoryuken's and other dragon punches so much in this game.
Haven;t figured out the exact timing to punish them and the sound glitch makes it so much harder.
Though Ken sometimes even escapes a launcher combo with another shoryuken, and Sagat's Tiger Knee into Tiger Uppercut pisses me off so much. While it's just basic stuff the sound glitch makes it way too much an advantage for the attacking party.

Mute your game, and play like that for 2 days. It will make you better at the game in general as well.

V_Arnold

Mute your game, and play like that for 2 days. It will make you better at the game in general as well.

Also, it will ease one up, I put up music I like, which is soothing compared to the epylephsic insane-ness of SFxT in some stages while a bullshit braindead Hugo just destroys me.

DRE Fei

I've never played a lot of Gief, but I'm pretty sure you could just practice how to buffer his 360s while moving either backwards or forwards.

Gief's jab SPD in this game extends slightly past his standing MP range. That's ridiculously far. Don't you think that being able to hit up+jab in a footsie situation would be advantageous compared to a 360/270 motion? Even if it costs a meter for the easy input, it's still worth it just for the mental advantage alone.

hertog

I dont'get this game. Yesterday I was on a winning streak of 12, now I've lost 9 and only won 2??

What am I doing wrong today?

GorillaJu

I play better with no sound - the rhythm of the button presses not getting confused by the sounds of the game really helps my execution.

Myomoto

Gief's jab SPD in this game extends slightly past his standing MP range. That's ridiculously far. Don't you think that being able to hit up+jab in a footsie situation would be advantageous compared to a 360/270 motion? Even if it costs a meter for the easy input, it's still worth it just for the mental advantage alone.

That sounds more like a problem with the character, and the gem just makes it easier to exploit what a better player could achieve on his own.

I'm sorry if I sound ignorant on this, but as of now I've had less than about 2 hours of playtime in SFxT because of exams. So I can only really speculate.

Finaika

Just got my copy, so feel free to add me at PSN: Finaika

Although I'm still practicing getting hang of the game :)

Jenga

Banned
heihachi's real strength lies in his easy as sin mixup that is almost always safe on block. it's not as flashy as kazuya's, but it makes up for it being unpredictable. you don't want wanna fight heihachiin a corner

he has a lack of easy fit all AA but he does have a few tricks in chrome dome, b mp, or f lp

great anchor, scary with meter, a great counter that hits hard, this character is just very simple but also very good. a size fits all anchor, he has great tag in combos that hit hard

if you have a character with fireball zoning be sure to mix it up with random projectiles at different strengths. he has to time his demon fist just right or he'll just get hit by it. if he has double meter be careful because his super is basically soulless from sf4

add mine please.
PSN: Commandoscv

As for Giefs super easy input spd the 10% damage reduction is a bigger deal than I initially thought however that moves input being just up and jab is pretty dumb considering its reach. Also not being able to see a Gief buffering and then it just appears out of nowhere is really annoying.

Degen

Meanwhile, in the Skullgirls thread:

Wait... this game has no movelists?

No, we weren't able to get them in in time.

We plan to put them in in a future update, and for now will put them on the website with downloadable/printable movelists.

Hm? People require complete move lists in their fighting games now? No one's interested in exploring and figuring out their characters on their own? I mean, how hard can it be?

Is Namco to blame for this?
Looooooooool

AEREC

I would add mine but I dont think im going online for a while at least until the sound issues get fixed.

Also I think Im finally now just decided on my main team Guile and Im pretty sure I will stick with Cammy. Guile feels natural to me (even though I suck) and Ive never really learned any other characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TomQeOIctfw#!

Skip to the 1 hour and 50minute mark, or 1 hr 49 minute and 58 seconds if you want to see the very beginning which starts with a EX slaughter hook.

The thing about this infinite is that it only works on big characters and is EXTREMELY EASY to do. Basically if you're Hugo, Sagat, or another big character, one random reversal EX slaughter hook can lead to about 100 hits for 900+ damage. I tried it in training mode, on my 2nd attempt I got 101 hits for 915 damage lol.

LakeEarth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TomQeOIctfw#!

Skip to the 1 hour and 50minute mark, or 1 hr 49 minute and 58 seconds if you want to see the very beginning which starts with a EX slaughter hook.

The thing about this infinite is that it only works on big characters and is EXTREMELY EASY to do. Basically if you're Hugo, Sagat, or another big character, one random reversal EX slaughter hook can lead to about 100 hits for 900+ damage. I tried it in training mode, on my 2nd attempt I got 101 hits for 915 damage lol.

It works on Vega too, for some reason.

Teknoman

My tag please.
XBL: TeknomanEX

And i'm surprised the PSN chat room went up before the XBL scrub group tag :p Theres usually one for every fighting game.

EDIT: I cant see someone playing any Capcom or Namco fighter without sound unless they absolutely have to. The soundtracks and hit impact noises are just too good to miss out on.

LowParry

EDIT: I cant see someone playing any Capcom or Namco fighter without sound unless they absolutely have to. The soundtracks and hit impact noises are just too good to miss out on.

The funny thing about the sounds, is I've had games where the sound off a block comes out as a hit sound so to me. So I hear the hit confirm and do my normal over head to combo into. Then get exposed. It's really annoying. I send ya a request as well. Under as Low Parry. :D

FG GAF, gonna be spending some time out in Japan for a couple of weeks. Hoping to get some time in the arcades over there and some good photos, too. Where do I find info on which arcades the local pros play at?

B00TE

I dont'get this game. Yesterday I was on a winning streak of 12, now I've lost 9 and only won 2??

What am I doing wrong today?

Some days are just like that. I spent all day yesterday losing fights I know I could've won and not being able to pull off anything with Jin, even the very basic stuff. Came back today and have hit just about everything flawlessly and done really well overall.

nHDR

Banned
One thing I don't understand too well sometimes: people saying it is "hard for certain characters to get in." I remember seeing this frequently in SF4, and was sometimes puzzled.

-AA's are not effective like they were in ST.
-Jumps cover so much ground.

It pays off to jump diagonally forward these days, seriously. I played against Ogre last night on the hardest difficulty, he was tagging my SAGAT with jumps if I didn't have at least a half-a-screen distance between us to fire tiger shots. Of course the AI was cheating by reading my inputs, but the point is that jumps are way too effective.

Initially I was thinking of going with a keep-away team of Akuma and someone, now I'm seriously considering sticking to pure rush-down. Anyone want to tell me I'm right or wrong? Need some perspectives here.

Tizoc

Meanwhile, in the Skullgirls thread:

Looooooooool

lol, will get those downloadable movelists when they're up, but aren't the moves in SG mostly QCFs and QCBs? Shouldn't take one long to figure out each character's moves by messing in training mode.

Top Bottom