• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Jenga

Banned
good news for yoshi players, he can punish any random mist cancel from kazuya with windmill

that literally neuters his rushdown

too bad kazuya murders him every which way when he gets in

Anyone on PSNScrub GAF want to play? My PSN is AnkiRendan, and while training mode and arcade mode is nice, it's time to get over my fears and actually play real people in hopes of getting better.

...if online isn't fucking with me, kazuya can punish yoshi's windmill on hit (as in, punish when yoshi hits kazuya with windmill)

no that can't be possible...can it?
windmill is negative on hit (-2), but its still safe from most stuff. you definitely don't want to be jabbing after a windmill. block, backdash, teleport, even jump; those would be your options if you don't have meter. if you have meter, switch cancelling is definitely what you want to do. 400+ for 1 bar is worth it off a windmill.

random yoshi windmill easy hitconfirm switch cancel into meterless hugo bnb is a scary thought.

Jenga

Banned
windmill is negative on hit (-2), but its still safe from most stuff. you definitely don't want to be jabbing after a windmill. block, backdash, teleport, even jump; those would be your options if you don't have meter. if you have meter, switch cancelling is definitely what you want to do. 400+ for 1 bar is worth it off a windmill.

random yoshi windmill easy hitconfirm switch cancel into meterless hugo bnb is a scary thought.

seem to work about as much as yoshi and heihachi i would imagine

i am curious on something however, i saw a law and yoshi vid posted on srk, and basically it ended with knuckle dash juggle into pandora into yoshi super. i wonder if he would be able to do that with heihachi due to juggle state?

also, my mind is turned. yoshi is a great fucking character who got reamed hardcore by capcom too scared of his swag. curious how hugo, rolento, ryu, rufus, juri, kazuya, and raven got away with it tho

edit: this random fucking keyboard copypaste is fucking up my posts hardcore

also, my mind is turned. yoshi is a great fucking character who got reamed hardcore by capcom too scared of his swag. curious how hugo, rolento, ryu, rufus, juri, kazuya, and raven got away with it tho
those characters are scrubby, but they're not that random. scrubby and random don't mix too well which is what yoshi would have the potential to become. right now hes just random, which i'm fine with; and rolento is just scrubby, which i'm also fine with. should randomness be rewarded moreso than scrubbiness? i don't know. a lot of players can deal with scrubbiness, but how do you deal with random?

Magypsy

Yes! I finally got my PS3 back so I can finally start getting good at this game. I really like playing with Ken and Jin, any tips?

My PSN is Superdajk

Shouta

Yes! I finally got my PS3 back so I can finally start getting good at this game. I really like playing with Ken and Jin, any tips?

My PSN is Superdajk

Have you learned the general combo principles in the game, yet? Ground Bounce/Wall-Bounce, etc?

LakeEarth

I just learned Hugo's 517 damage no meter combo. Dear GOD! There is only one tricky part, and if you messed that up you're already at 400!

bumpkin

Aw yeah, finally had some cash to spare so I picked up the game yesterday! Now I just need to practice and figure out "how" to play it right. When I got MvC3, I still had a habit of playing it like SFIV with extra characters to tag in when one's health got low. It should be easier to get though with how much the tag attacks are leverages for combos.

LakeEarth

I havent fought a really good hugo, rolento, ryu, kazuya OR rufus yet.

Is he really that stronk?

Insane pressure, insane damage, insanely safe, insane corner damage, great GTFO me move, good antiair, can chain combo from long distances, can corner combo like mad, and has good tag cancel synergy with most characters for even more damage. 1000 health too.

hertog

Tonight starts my quest for a secondary character next to Guile.

Once more I'll ask for your help. He needs a good tag-in combo after a launcher, decent anti air and a GTFO me move.

I'll prop. end up with cheap old Hugo :(

Chorazin

I just can't handle Tekken characters. I whiff a combo or get blocked and it feels like a massive combo always comes out and I lose 40% of my life, even when they have no bars. I need to work to do damage and they just do it like magic.

Feels bad man. :-(

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Insane pressure, insane damage, insanely safe, insane corner damage, great GTFO me move, good antiair, can chain combo from long distances, can corner combo like mad, and has good tag cancel synergy with most characters for even more damage. 1000 health too.

Yep, he s a beast... still hate the character design and will not use him.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
You mean in terms of bullshit, right?

The only fighting game better than ST is CvS2, and even that game has a lot of stuff i'm not okay with.

Dude, u r just stuck in old school mode...and its mainly u r opinion. Lots of great stuff out there and I'm pretty sure u'll find some dude somewhere who says the same thing about the first Tekken... ;p

hertog

And I wish I was good with Bison.
His taunt is beyond epic. But he feels like the only SF4 character that hasn't been buffed.

Top Bottom