• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Big updating adding multiple supers for each character would be nice, reduce damage on raging demon and add in wrath of the raging demon (chargeable)

vocab

I would of liked 3s if there was one character in the whole roster that actually fit my playstyle. The whole roster just seems boring in general, and i hate that game a lot. Still would play it over SFIV though. Fuck that game.

Ferrio

Banned
Hope my joystick arrives soon, practicing knowing I'm going to be in a foreign joystick land in a week or so is kinda useless.

Shouta

What in the world do you with Kuma when you're getting poked to death? :(

Backdash, pray you can get a long-ranged poke in, spam st.lp or f.lp and go for the combos. It's hard online, in general, to deal with that kind of poking because of the netcode so don't feel too bad.

zlatko

Banned
Fuck Hugo. Him + time outs = ruining my enjoyment of this game. 50% brainless ass combos, an anti air that works full screen on reaction and not just prediction for 200 damage, AND he can kill you off two confirms? Fuck that to hell.

Or he can just sit on his massive health lead after he does the 50% or more, and wtf you gonna do about it?

I COULD learn Kazuya infinite, but I feel it's pointless since it'll be gone eventually and will just screw me over in the long run to learn the match up how it's meant to be played.

Honey moon phase with the game is over, and I'm just massively frustrated by time out city no matter what team combinations and gems I try. :(

LakeEarth

Guile/Sagat

Team Hugo Destroyer.

Also Team Boring.

Also Juri.

My anti-Hugo strats mainly involve never going in, and baiting the clothesline.

Mileena

Banned
Fuck Hugo. Him + time outs = ruining my enjoyment of this game. 50% brainless ass combos, an anti air that works full screen on reaction and not just prediction for 200 damage, AND he can kill you off two confirms? Fuck that to hell.

Or he can just sit on his massive health lead after he does the 50% or more, and wtf you gonna do about it?

I COULD learn Kazuya infinite, but I feel it's pointless since it'll be gone eventually and will just screw me over in the long run to learn the match up how it's meant to be played.

Honey moon phase with the game is over, and I'm just massively frustrated by time out city no matter what team combinations and gems I try. :(

I felt this way

Then I put Hugo on my team yesterday

Haven't lost since ^_^

nHDR

Banned
yea.... no

3rd Strike already matched it and beat it by a mile.
Personally I'd disagree. Why? ST was a perfect mix between long-distance zoning and rushdown. Characters that had good rushdown (Vega, Rog) could win, while the zoners could keep others out. AA's were strong, just like they should be, and it was hard to mash reversals.

3S is good but its rushdown and poke heavy. With the parry mechanic it effectively shuts down long-distance zoning.

So, why does ST feature a better engine? It is more balanced.

zlatko

Banned
Yeah, I hate Hugo too. Just play really fucking lame if he's on the screen.

Lord knows I try. I do Paul/Kazuya, but I'm just going to have to drop Paul since that match up sucks massive balls, and Paul in general is ass. While he's immensely fun to play, the fun stops when frustration hits lol.

I played around with Akuma today, and him and Kazuya have some great set ups, and I feel Akuma could cover that shitty Hugo match up quite well. I also put in more time with Steve now that I've upped my skills with the game, and am able to do his combos with easy, and him and Kazuya also can do some crazy good damage together.

However, Idk how Steve vs Hugo would go if it came to it. I feel like Steve would get mauled.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
What characters are good batteries trying to find a partner for Lili

Don't think it's what you're asking (batter means point right?) but I run Lili/Steve with Lili on point and Steve anchor. Honestly Steve is a good anchor for basically anyone as his main potential is coming off tags for easy, huge damage. I put Lili in there because Steve has no good AA or overtly safe pokes (get your f.mp-lp neutral jumped and you're effed). Lili has a great AA, a great air-to-air, and fairly easy hit confirms as well as a mid-string overhead. Problem is her big stuff needs meter but so does Steve. I run mainly cross gauge gems for production/consumption.

vocab

Ya. Im running Rolento/Hugo for now. I don't care. Kazuya anit for me anymore. I'm trying to find someone who fits me, but its hard to decide what to pick.

Mileena

Banned
Lord knows I try. I do Paul/Kazuya, but I'm just going to have to drop Paul since that match up sucks massive balls, and Paul in general is ass. While he's immensely fun to play, the fun stops when frustration hits lol.

I played around with Akuma today, and him and Kazuya have some great set ups, and I feel Akuma could cover that shitty Hugo match up quite well. I also put in more time with Steve now that I've upped my skills with the game, and am able to do his combos with easy, and him and Kazuya also can do some crazy good damage together.

However, Idk how Steve vs Hugo would go if it came to it. I feel like Steve would get mauled.

Pick Abel!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Been learning her since yesterday, she is so slept on.

I don't know anything about Ibuki in this game yet, but I've heard a few people say that she's omg so terrible soley based on the fact that her kunai vortex is gone. Which is pretty much the stupidest, most short-sighted reasoning ever considering this is a brand new game.

I could see a lot of SF4 Ibuki players not having an easy transition to SFxT Ibuki though since she's the most retarded herp-derp character in SF4. Gotta have more in your pocket than knockdown -> bs 50/50s now.

Don't think it's what you're asking (batter means point right?) but I run Lili/Steve with Lili on point and Steve anchor. Honestly Steve is a good anchor for basically anyone as his main potential is coming off tags for easy, huge damage. I put Lili in there because Steve has no good AA or overtly safe pokes (get your f.mp-lp neutral jumped and you're effed). Lili has a great AA, a great air-to-air, and fairly easy hit confirms as well as a mid-string overhead. Problem is her big stuff needs meter but so does Steve. I run mainly cross gauge gems for production/consumption.
Ill definately try this team out. Battery means characters that build alot of meter and dont really rely on meter to be effective.

Rolento, Bison, Balrog are all really good battery characters imo.

Thanks

Thanks im actually really interested in Law

Four Wude

Unconfirmed Member
I really don't like Akuma in this game. They didn't really give him anything to compensate for his low HP and lack of of vortex (unlike Ryu). Sucks because I really wanted to play him seriously. :\

Imm0rt4l

I really don't like Akuma in this game. They didn't really give him anything to compensate for his low HP and lack of of vortex (unlike Ryu). Sucks because I really wanted to play him seriously. :\

Time to hang up the satsui no hadou in favor of a white gi/red headband.

Mileena

Banned
I thought Abel vs Hugo is similar to Abel vs Gief, in that Abel gets destroyed?

Xevren exposed my Hugo by turtling with Abel's charge move. Granted, all I did to "learn" Hugo was go in training and do his BnB a couple of times and thought I was ready lol

Xevren

Can't Hugo just armor clothesline through it, or block and mash a spd on the recovery?

EX shoulder is safe, trying to hit through it is hard due to how fast it is, and if he tries to guess with it I can keep charging and just breathless his ex lariat.

hypernima

Banned
I was playing with Kadey and Giancarlo earlier. The spikes got really high which unfortunately kinda made me rage quit...

I think I'm gonna stick to offline or in state play for a while :\

Top Bottom