• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

I don't get what's being done here or to what gain.
looks like it appears as if hes using a quick combo, except without expending any meter.

perhaps thats just the cancel assist gem? i've never used it or seen anyone use it, but maybe that it just flashes similarly to what the quick combo looks like?

in terms of it being able to be abused, if wasting 1 meter to do a quick combo isn't worth it, i don't think taking up a gem slot that gives you -10% attack throughout the match is going to be worth it either.

Apparently they put the gem pack unlock code on the back of the arcade cabinet assembly instructions for the special edition?? what kindof b.s. is that?? i threw that thing out!

Konosuke

its not quick combo, its the assist gem.

also note that that is in an actual match, not training mode. It uses no bar.

You're right, just did it myself on training mode. It's the Super Easy assist gem -.-

Apparently they put the gem pack unlock code on the back of the arcade cabinet assembly instructions for the special edition?? what kindof b.s. is that?? i threw that thing out!

No, my code was on the back of the Udon comic.

FinKL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoa8oLjwGiA
Yes. One of the dlc gems (ex auto throw escape lvl3) costs no bar. "Ultimate Defense lvl3" is auto block combined with auto throw escape plus no chip damage and costs 1/4th of a bar. These take up 3 slots, but they're ridiculous. As soon as this dlc comes out I'll probably quit ranked, lol.

OMG you guys are missing THE GAME CHANGER

Expert Input Lvl.1
Conditions: ---
Effect: Command Inputs must be more precise for Special Moves
Cost:

Why is this even a gem, this should be something in Options. There's no drawbacks, except it takes a gem spot. I'm guessing it takes out input shortcuts? Would definitely curb the mashers online, but I kinda rely on certain shortcuts (Double fireball motion for Special/Mist Step)

sleepykyo

Expert Input Lvl.1
Cost:

Why is this even a gem, this should be something in Options. There's no drawbacks, except it takes a gem spot. I'm guessing it takes out input shortcuts? Would definitely curb the mashers online, but I kinda rely on certain shortcuts (Double fireball motion for Special/Mist Step)
Depends. If it is just no short cuts that would be good. But if it was SF1‚ I think a lot of players wouldn´t.

On another‚ it sucks that I can't use pad on Capcom games . The special steps are so much easier on pad.

edit: That sucks . Doesn´t that count as false advertising then ?

zlatko

Banned
Honestly if it hadn't been the experience I had with previous Capcom fighters on PS3, then I may have gone with the PS3 version here and invested in a fight stick for PS3 or dual modded my current one.

It's a shame, because I'd like to try Cole lol, but all the past online queue times and laggy matches I had in vanilla SF4 and SSF4 compared to 360 have made me never want a PS3 version of a Capcom fighter again.

Expert Input Lvl.1
Cost:

I would love this gem. Shortcuts screw me up...there should be one way to do a move and one way only.

Jenga

Banned
Was screwing around with Jin and decided to pick him up for real. Does basically everything I could ever want in a point character.

Yep he's really good.I have been running him on anchor lately and he seems to work on both slots fairly well.The only things that he lacks is a reliable AA and good far range pokes to get in.

CR.FP

MA > flying air kick

there's another that works ok (st.mp or something)

All of them are very situational, not something that can be done instantly.

MA> flying air kick has a huge startup and has to be done from a distance

cr.fp usually trades or gets completely stuffed by some moves

I have also heard of his st.short being able to AA but haven't yet tried it myself.

Jenga

Banned
All of them are very situational, not something that can be done instantly.

MA> flying air kick has a huge startup and has to be done from a distance

cr.fp usually trades or gets completely stuffed by some moves

I have also heard of his st.short also being able to AA but haven't yet tried it myself.
i've dealt with rolento st.lp pressure by just doing MA-mp in between

usually works and and I believe I'm safe if it gets blocked

Solune

Yep he's really good.I have been running him on anchor lately and he seems to work on both slots fairly well.The only things that he lacks is a reliable AA and good far range pokes to get in.

Cr.FP or St.LK for reaction AAs, MA > LK for preemptive AAs. Best poke is St.MK followed by B+MP, both lead into full combos and can be made safe. Far St.FP or Far St.FK is situational but goes into launcher or FK goes into full combo. Don't know how safe Far St.FO is on block though.

Edit: Whiffed B+MP is super unsafe though.

Imm0rt4l

This Julia combo by VRyu is ridiculous.

SFxT: Julia combo1

trill.gif

Quadratic

Anyone playing right now? I got the game on the weekend and I'm getting destroyed. If you're on PSN and a scrub like me we can spar. ID: Bentobox. I'm US EAST (Ontario Canada). So if you're near 50 BP I'm game!

Anyone playing right now? I got the game on the weekend and I'm getting destroyed. If you're on PSN and a scrub like me we can spar. ID: Bentobox. I'm US EAST (Ontario Canada). So if you're near 50 BP I'm game!
nice, same area as me. i can play with ya in a bit. who do you use?

usd said:
This Julia combo by VRyu is ridiculous.

SFxT: Julia combo1
using ex dash cancels for counterhits... interesting concept.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Practical? Not really, this is not something the typical fighting game players can do consistently. I've been playing Kazuya since day 1 and I can hardly do one EWGF by itself let alone 4 consecutively.

BTW, I thought max damage was 466 meterless. With meter I have no idea as I don't have the execution to test this out and see how much juggle potential it has and where it ends.

It is practical if you learn the EWGF. It really isn't that hard. But yea the max (I think) is 496. Possibly more. I'll post up vids/etc later.

Why am I so terrible at this game? I know that is a generic statement, but there are things going on that I just do not understand. For instance, while fighting a kazuya player and really being able to read him quite easily, I would be in the middle of blocking a string and suddenly begin to get hit. This happened almost every match, and in others as well. I have no idea what I'm missing here, but there is some fundamental mechanic I don't know about.

Got raped by a Juri/Hwang squad. He had those two down to a science, running in and out mid combo and generally leaving me unable to move due to shock.

Picked up Sagat. Still have no idea who to play in this game lol.

Kinda in the same boat. I find myself doing better with Claw and Pacman as my secondary than most other characters I choose :^/

For instance, while fighting a kazuya player and really being able to read him quite easily, I would be in the middle of blocking a string and suddenly begin to get hit. This happened almost every match, and in others as well. I have no idea what I'm missing here, but there is some fundamental mechanic I don't know about.

Were you pressing buttons?

Pressure in this game seems really long I've noticed and a lot safer than SF4

Were you pressing buttons?

Pressure in this game seems really long I've noticed and a lot safer than SF4

I'm pretty positive I didn't push anything, but maybe I got antsy as did by accident. Hell, maybe it just wasn't my day. Need to sleep it off and try again tomorrow. I actually felt like I regressed a little lol

Top Bottom