• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Laws lack of anti air and his wack air to air options can be pretty frustrating.

Dash more! If you lack a good anti air or such just dash away on reaction.

I used Makoto in 3S and Boxer then Guy in SF4. I don't know if that helps making a choice.

Right now I've been defaulting to Marduk as a partner, because he is simple and fun.

Did you try vega and heihachi yet? Hmm guy... you should test out raven or oddly enough .... bob

Riposte

Dash more! If you lack a good anti air or such just dash away on reaction.

Did you try steve and heihachi yet?

Not Heihachi anyway. Steve I picked up immediately, but got frustrated. Probably had more to do with not understanding the game as a whole, I should give him another shot I guess.

EDIT: You and your ninja edits.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Were you pressing buttons?

Pressure in this game seems really long I've noticed and a lot safer than SF4

He's probably talking about the low/overhead mixups the tekken characters have :(.

Pretty much just need to learn all the characters or else you'll get fucked by the mixups :(.

He's probably talking about the low/overhead mixups the tekken characters have :(.

Pretty much just need to learn all the characters or else you'll get fucked by the mixups :(.

Wait...the tekken characters still have the same properties as their native combos? Yeah, that would be what happened to me. Kinda blew my mind a little lol

Whats the best fight stick to get? I was looking at some that Hori put out but I'm not sure what is the best. I figured this is the best place to ask.

Why am I so terrible at this game? I know that is a generic statement, but there are things going on that I just do not understand. For instance, while fighting a kazuya player and really being able to read him quite easily, I would be in the middle of blocking a string and suddenly begin to get hit. This happened almost every match, and in others as well. I have no idea what I'm missing here, but there is some fundamental mechanic I don't know about.

You sure you're just not getting hit by Kazuya's overhead kick that really doesn't look like an overhead?

Were you pressing buttons?

Pressure in this game seems really long I've noticed and a lot safer than SF4

Since you mention that, another thing I've noticed, people press buttons. I mean they really press the fuck out of buttons in this game. And people got mad in SF4 when others refuse to block. Almost nobody blocks in this game. They're either stuck in block stun or get hit pressing buttons.

GorillaJu

Wait...the tekken characters still have the same properties as their native combos? Yeah, that would be what happened to me. Kinda blew my mind a little lol

Most Kazuya players just mash the EX 2-punch combo (in Tekken it's df LP RP) that ends in an overhead like people who mash dragon punch everytime they're getting hit.

You have to be on your toes to not get caught by the overhead.

Nyoro SF

Since you mention that, another thing I've noticed, people press buttons. I mean they really press the fuck out of buttons in this game. And people got mad in SF4 when others refuse to block. Almost nobody blocks in this game. They're either stuck in block stun or get hit pressing buttons.

Or holding up-forward. It's amazing how many times I caught players who are holding up-forward during blockstrings lol.

zlatko

Banned
Some of Kazuya strings for chain combos can end on mid, meaning you have to block high, and it will 100% not look like it. It looks like a gut punch from the side. He can mix it up and end it on a kick too which goes low, so it leaves you at a 50-50 situation to just block him if he goes into that chain combo.

His back + HK is one of his most useful tools. Even the best of players will fall for this one once or twice in a fight if you are coy about using it.

Of course he has his back + MK and LK over heads to toss in sometimes real quick.

His mist step into kick punch is a high on the punch.

His QCB + LP or LPMP is an over head as well.

Dude is a great mix up character if people don't mash dps. ; ;

GorillaJu

I played enough Tekken that I don't get caught by simple mix ups like those. Most Tekken players are the same. Built-in mix ups rarely beat any somewhat experienced player.

Or holding up-forward. It's amazing how many times I caught players who are holding up-forward during blockstrings lol.

I can't even do Kazuya's unique chain combo, the one that starts with B+LK which can end in either a high or low because people are always counter poking or holing up as you say. But I will admit, I think I see some reasoning for it. I get blown up a lot just trying to block. Then I get antsy and mash and get blown up again. So basically I think I should start using alpha counters lol.

Imm0rt4l

What did he bitch, moan, and cry about this time?

He was going on about how he sacrificed a 70k job with Nintendo to stay with EMP because him working at the pokemon center and being head of EMP was a 'conflict of interest'.

Esports

and now why EMP, despite being around for however long, not having any money. Why he couldn't pursue legal action against Justin since Wong broke "contractual obligations".

This Julia combo by VRyu is ridiculous.

SFxT: Julia combo1

0snsM.gif

zlatko

Banned
I can't even do Kazuya's unique chain combo, the one that starts with B+LK which can end in either a high or low because people are always counter poking or holing up as you say. But I will admit, I think I see some reasoning for it. I get blown up a lot just trying to block. Then I get antsy and mash and get blown up again. So basically I think I should start using alpha counters lol.

The only character I refuse to touch buttons on so far when they have me in a block string is Jin. He is a counter hit machine if you think you can sneak one past him during his pressure.

I'm just now reading some more into the guide as I'm still soul searching for a team. I can win a lot online with my Rol/Kazuya, but I want to replace Rolento in hopes I can avoid time outs more.

Anyways, as I read, Nina is making my jaw drop at what is written for here in here for frame data/damage/etc. How is she not being used more online? I'd be damn surprised if she isn't secret top 5 in this game at tournament level. Like damn.

He was going on about how he sacrificed a 70k job with Nintendo to stay with EMP because him working at the pokemon center and being head of EMP was a 'conflict of interest'.

Esports

and now why EMP, despite being around for however long, not having any money. Why he couldn't pursue legal action against Justin since Wong broke "contractual obligations".

Why doesn't he just pack it up and go home?

I'm just now reading some more into the guide as I'm still soul searching for a team. I can win a lot online with my Rol/Kazuya, but I want to replace Rolento in hopes I can avoid time outs more.

I feel like I'm fighting Mr. Sandman from Punchout when I fight rolento. His pokes seems weird to me, and hit me when I don't think they will due to timing issues.

Quadratic

nice, same area as me. i can play with ya in a bit. who do you use?

Thanks for the games tonight. I'm using a Julia X Lili team. Probably not the strongest team out there but I enjoy their play styles. I did get your message about unsafe moves. It seems like Julia has a bunch that get me punished. I also seem to continue the magic series even though you're blocking and once I get the launcher blocked I then eat a combo from you. It's things like that I need to work on.

Esports

Really? So either he's full of shit or he turned down a great opportunity which would have better helped him support his EMP. Yeah sure he can say he wouldn't have had any time, which is true. But if it was between managing your players which resulted in nothing getting done or taking the job and hiring or handing it off to one of the players to manage then shouldn't you choose the latter?

In a extremely short amount of time home grown fighting game sponsors or teams(whatever you want to call them) such as DMG and Finger Cramp have done more then EMP has in the past 10 years minus there one goldmine Justin Wong who bailed as soon as he saw the light. These guys didn't quit there job to pursue a foolish dream. They're doing there best to balance work and the team and have done a decent job of getting sponsors on board while the EMP brand continues to be a laughing stock amongst the FGC.

But you know, I haven't even listened to the podcast yet. I might as well do that so I can get a better perspective of this.

Finally got the game today. Been pretty much just doing trials and screwing around in training mode for now. Tried a Cammy/King combination but I'm having a lot of trouble with the timing coming out of the launcher combos. It may be the two characters just aren't very good together.

I'm not particularly good at combos at all but after a lot of training with King I'm starting to get at least a simple combo down with him. I can reliably do his multiple knee combo and am working on landing the Jaguar Bomb at the end of it. It doesn't seem like you can do the knee out of a launcher though which is lame. Either that or I just suck at timing or need a better set-up character.

Imm0rt4l

Really? So either he's full of shit or he turned down a great opportunity which would have better helped him support his EMP. Yeah sure he can say he wouldn't have had any time, which is true. But if it was between managing your players which resulted in nothing getting done or taking the job and hiring or handing it off to one of the players to manage then shouldn't you choose the latter?

In a extremely short amount of time home grown fighting game sponsors or teams(whatever you want to call them) such as DMG and Finger Cramp have done more then EMP has in the past 10 years minus there one goldmine Justin Wong who bailed as soon as he saw the light. These guys didn't quit there job to pursue a foolish dream. They're doing there best to balance work and the team and have done a decent job of getting sponsors on board while the EMP brand continues to be a laughing stock amongst the FGC.

But you know, I haven't even listened to the podcast yet. I might as well do that so I can get a better perspective of this.

Yea, honestly I find it hard to believe that the job he was offered even existed. If he really did turn it down then I underestimated Triforces delusions of grandeur of what he hopes for/expects of the arc.

Jenga

Banned
Laws lack of anti air and his wack air to air options can be pretty frustrating.

any character with good enough normals can deal with his frametrap/pressure game too
i started this game with law thinking he'd be a solid b character but now lower C is more like it

he has great team synergy but solo? eugh

Imm0rt4l

any character with good enough normals can deal with his frametrap/pressure game too
i started this game with law thinking he'd be a solid b character but now lower C is more like it

he has great team synergy but solo? eugh

He builds meter like no other, I'm thinking that their are some aspects of my ground game with him that could be improved upong. For example wake up ex furyfist, that move has like 16 frames of invincibility, I never use it. His ex dragon charge also has armor, but I've never incorporated into my game. Against better players who know they can more or less jump for free, I find that that my law is more or less relegated to being a battery so that Ryu can clean up house. Ryu is solid in this game even if everyone has the character figured out/don't have unfamiliarity to play in their favor.

I am so free to crossup tatus in this game. So free.

I find myself landing this shit a lot. I don't know if it's a super jump arc related thing or what.

vocab

Why am I always drawn to characters that my shitty execution won't allow me to play?

I feel the same way. That's why I love st. Not a whole lot of execution barrier, and the stuff that is hard is only hard until you know how to execute it. 1 frame links in this game can go die in a fire.

Grifter

I'm free to getting knocked out of the air into huge damage. Anyone have a way to punish that w/o plain guessing? Air-to-air I mean.

hypernima

Banned
I'm looking for a "teacher" per se.

I realize that I don't know many matchups against people who adequately know how to use their characters. I know only how to defend against characters I use (Juri/Hwoarang)

So with that being said I want to know if there's anyone that can help me get some matchup experience. Especially against the Mishimas (Jin included)

If you are willing to help me then let me know, my psn is omicronpro.

Top Bottom