• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

zlatko

Banned
GAF was down for about all of my work day today. :( Couldn't read this thread or others to make the day go faster, ugh.

Going to practice up some Nina, Asuka, and Law tonight to see if maybe they can replace my Rolento on my Rol/Kazuya team.

i respect the shit out of this

I just like the formatting of KiNeSiS's rant. It's like...Beat Poetry for the Xbox Live age. Here let's translate it to Haiku.

On Twisted Metal
Received an invite from you
Lame ass sneak attack

Hugo Avatar
My combo oblivion
wrecks your cheesy shit

BP boost needed
Just step forward to collect
Virtual ass whoop

Jenga

Banned
GAF was down for about all of my work day today. :( Couldn't read this thread or others to make the day go faster, ugh.

Going to practice up some Nina, Asuka, and Law tonight to see if maybe they can replace my Rolento on my Rol/Kazuya team.
law works but god help you if you fight any top tier character

i'd take nina personally

I wish they would give us decent urban stages. And by decent, I don't mean dumb dancing characters in the background with ramps, ugly neon trucks, etc...

Bring back an actual city feel like the subway stage, yun/yang stages, cvs2 london stage, etc... Maybe have it at an arcade.

images

... So is anyone still using Asuka? Are you guys enjoying playing as her? Learning her for fun right now after playing team taekwondo almost exclusively until now. Question I'm not sure about, is her anti-air throw a good option to catch jump ins like how Marduk does?
asuka is my fave chara right now. her anti-air throw has no invincibility and twice as slow as marduks, so no its not as good. the ex version comes out faster and has invincibility though.

zlatko

Banned
law works but god help you if you fight any top tier character

i'd take nina personally

Who does Law struggle against in the "top tier" bracket? Hugo/Rufus/Ryu? Those are the only 3 I feel are truly top tier at this point in the games life cycle.

zlatko

Banned
Many pages ago there was a discussion on how to best counter Rolento. What do I do against rekka spams?

Cry yourself to sleep.

Actually if you know he does poke poke low forward rekka, then just A) raw launcher when the low forward comes or B) alpha counter during the rekka you are blocking.

K701

Banned
Looking for a team mate to go on coop ranked

I use Ryu and crouch MP link all day every day. Too lazy to learn another char.

PSN: niu-niu

East coast

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Will I get banned if I talk about my impressions of the DLC characters that I got to play at my buddy's place?

About as banned as everyone that leaked pics of them and posted videos. So no. Now if you are saying how to unlock them or giving out links for that type of shit then yeah.

Looking for a team mate to go on coop ranked

I use Ryu and crouch MP link all day every day. Too lazy to learn another char.

PSN: niu-niu

East coast

Yo, I got your invite yesterday. You do NOT want to team up with me yet. I was raging too hard at randoms who were jumping then sweeping.

AAK

Yeah, I heard that a friend in my city also got a hold of the DLC characters. According to him, Bryan sucks and Jack is crazy good.

zlatko

Banned
Idk bryan looks far from shitty to me. Jack is just broken right now and obviously so.

Does bryan at least get a command grab of some kind? Big damage? Great pokes? Anti air? Get off me move? Fast ass jab? Easy combos?

I haven't looked into him at all aside from seeing his awesome super art, Urien alt, and that cool "it's over 9000" intro with him and jack.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The guy that used him against me online sucked too much for me to even feel threatened by him, what does he have?

Full screen get in moves, anti air, high ass damage, a fast jab, above average combo potential. He's sorta like a modified adon. He's just not an obvious character.

Edit OH YOU MENT JACK I read it as bryan haha.

Jack just... ugh. Half screen normals, 80% solo life combos, easy bnb's that do 50% Hover to mind fuck and fuck up AA options. Full screen attacks

Toski

I don't know what kind of stick you have but I've never had that kind of thing happen with my original TE. You can be mad about input shortcuts as much as you want, but the real heart of the matter is that you need to Clean Up Your Inputs.

Its a Qanba Q4 with a JLF, and some of my other TEs JLFs also deflect hitting inputs on the opposite side of where the stick is. Some JLFs deflect on certain directions (mine only seems to hit the microswitch for the right input) and some don't deflect at all. And I actually passed the trial with "dirty" inputs and the nonsensical shortcut.

I'm doing Akuma's trials, and for some reason the game thinks that hcb, f means shoryuken.

I know there is easy inputs, but that is stupid. It makes doing the hcb hadoken difficult to do consistently.

Edit: After further testing hcf, b gives me the move I want when it is a hcb motion. I wonder what Capcom did to the input system to make it do this.
This is on Xbox btw.
why are you pressing forward?

i'm assuming you need to do the c.fp xx hcb+p? the best way to do this is to do: hold downforward while pressing c.fp, then qcb+p.

Toski

why are you pressing forward?

i'm assuming you need to do the c.fp xx hcb+p? the best way to do this is to do: hold downforward while pressing c.fp, then qcb+p.

As I said above, I'm not pressing forward, I'm letting go of the stick and its hitting the switch on the other side. To remedy this I just performed the trial in the opposite corner.

As I said above, I'm not pressing forward, I'm letting go of the stick and its hitting the switch on the other side. To remedy this I just performed the trial in the opposite corner.
i see i see. but couldn't you just be sure to press punch before letting go of the stick? trial completion aside, its not something i'd want to happen in a match.

As expected I went online today and got my ass handed to me superbly. Out of like 8 matches, didn't win a single one but half of them were super laggy to the point where it was impossible for me to do anything correctly. (At one point it was so laggy that I hard-tagged King out because he was one hit away from dying...the lag was so bad Cammy came in then immediately hard-tagged King back out and he got hit and died. And by immediately I mean the entire process took thirty seconds or more.) I don't know if it's my internet connection or just the netcode, though, because some of the matches were fine.

Spent a good two hours in training with King. I really dig his combos and can actually pull decently sized combos off. I just need to find a partner that works with him. I'm fine playing as Cammy but they don't work well as a team. I tried Hwoarang, Marduk, Ibuki, even our friendly neighborhood Hugo but none of them feel right to me and I can't find a good combo out of King's launcher. Hwoarang was the closest because I can combo Hwoarang into King at least, but not King into Hwoarang.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
As expected I went online today and got my ass handed to me superbly. Out of like 8 matches, didn't win a single one but half of them were super laggy to the point where it was impossible for me to do anything correctly. (At one point it was so laggy that I hard-tagged King out because he was one hit away from dying...the lag was so bad Cammy came in then immediately hard-tagged King back out and he got hit and died. And by immediately I mean the entire process took thirty seconds or more.) I don't know if it's my internet connection or just the netcode, though, because some of the matches were fine.

Spent a good two hours in training with King. I really dig his combos and can actually pull decently sized combos off. I just need to find a partner that works with him. I'm fine playing as Cammy but they don't work well as a team. I tried Hwoarang, Marduk, Ibuki, even our friendly neighborhood Hugo but none of them feel right to me and I can't find a good combo out of King's launcher. Hwoarang was the closest because I can combo Hwoarang into King at least, but not King into Hwoarang.

Well don't play matches unless its 3 or 4 bars at best -.-

Toski

i see i see. but couldn't you just be sure to press punch before letting go of the stick? trial completion aside, its not something i'd want to happen in a match.

I guess I could work on that aspect of my execution, but having HCB, F + P coming out as a shoryuken is something I can't wrap my mind around.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Shouta are you still in Japan and on PSN? If so..add me (or can I add you?)! That goes for anyone in Japan.. add away! Already have a decent group of foreigners/Japanese friends playin but always need more. Also mainly playing on my US PSN first for trophies so it's much easier to play with friends than pray the game shows me Japanese lobbies.

Shouta

Shouta are you still in Japan and on PSN? If so..add me (or can I add you?)! That goes for anyone in Japan.. add away! Already have a decent group of foreigners/Japanese friends playin but always need more. Also mainly playing on my US PSN first for trophies so it's much easier to play with friends than pray the game shows me Japanese lobbies.

I'm back in the US but you can add me, is my PSN.

Top Bottom