• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Finaika

Shouta are you still in Japan and on PSN? If so..add me (or can I add you?)! That goes for anyone in Japan.. add away! Already have a decent group of foreigners/Japanese friends playin but always need more. Also mainly playing on my US PSN first for trophies so it's much easier to play with friends than pray the game shows me Japanese lobbies.

I'm from Japan, but I mainly play single player now at the moment to get a hang of the system: Finaika

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I'm from Japan, but I mainly play single player now at the moment to get a hang of the system: Finaika

Will add you. Yeah..take your time. I realize I put too much time into my fighters, so I usually zoom past my friends before they have a chance to practice. But, yeah, anytime you're up for a game/practice just send a message.

I have 3 power gems stacked with one of them being pandora state, reverted into pandora mode, with all 3 active and the increase is only like 6% lol

fionel

Shouta are you still in Japan and on PSN? If so..add me (or can I add you?)! That goes for anyone in Japan.. add away! Already have a decent group of foreigners/Japanese friends playin but always need more. Also mainly playing on my US PSN first for trophies so it's much easier to play with friends than pray the game shows me Japanese lobbies.

Let me add you if you don't mind. My PSN is crauss. I'm not very good at this game and feel that it is a little poorly balanced but am hoping to get better. Please send invites when I'm not playing soul calibur 5 :)

Just read up in the guide about the attack from Heihachi that I hate most

Hammer Punch: Crushes standing normal moves, +22 on counter hit, knocks down airborne foes.

During startup it will crush special moves, super arts, and cross arts.

why?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hold up... This might be an incredibly stupid question, but I am serious:

Does the PSN account you're logged into determine the servers/lobbies your game attempts to find?

I'm living in Japan and almost always using my EU account online.

Is this a dumb thing to do? I do have both a US and JPN account, but for now here is the ID I normally use: B-Genius.

Please go ahead and add! It'd be great to build a group of friends who regularly play in the same time zone.
Edit: That goes for anyone new to this game (I only just got it today) who might care for some practice! Invite whenever I'm not on Dark Souls ;)

Jenga

Banned
Just read up in the guide about the attack from Heihachi that I hate most

Hammer Punch: Crushes standing normal moves, +22 on counter hit, knocks down airborne foes.

During startup it will crush special moves, super arts, and cross arts.

why?

i traded with it against some dipshit raven's super earlier today

felt good

Vega in SF x TK = super turbo vega

gT63Z.gif

Jenga

Banned
Who does Law struggle against in the "top tier" bracket? Hugo/Rufus/Ryu? Those are the only 3 I feel are truly top tier at this point in the games life cycle.
The top tier are made up of those with the best zoning/airgame/normals. All the things Law has real trouble with. It's incredibly easy to catch Law when he's sliding around and shit. His lack of AA hurts too, sometimes dash knuckling under things just won't work against people like Rufus or Juri. And then anyone with good normals just rip apart his poke/pressure game. Every try rushing down a good Kazuya? That shit backfires real quickly.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
If done correctly, but not safe on block though. Flying Barcelona on hit with claws > Flying Barcelona again over body to screw up forward roll.

Fucking Ogre, his ground footsie and pressure is really good. Also Fuck Snake Blade.

It's only negative 3, but if you got a fast reversal move you can hit him between the 2nd and 3rd hit.

Uncle AJ

I would like to express my extreme disappointment with how Kazuya gets his EWGF in this game but Jin doesn't get his EWHF. He got the DORYA; I wan't my DAH.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Hold up... This might be an incredibly stupid question, but I am serious:

Does the PSN account you're logged into determine the servers/lobbies your game attempts to find?

I'm living in Japan and almost always using my EU account online.

Is this a dumb thing to do? I do have both a US and JPN account, but for now here is the ID I normally use: B-Genius.

Please go ahead and add! It'd be great to build a group of friends who regularly play in the same time zone.
Edit: That goes for anyone new to this game (I only just got it today) who might care for some practice! Invite whenever I'm not on Dark Souls ;)

It's not silly for certain games, but for the SF series it is. The way SF handles the game searches is it always defaults to bringing up lobbies of your native PSN region. Even if you set the search to "Any", it'll still 90% bring back native region matches. For us here in Japan, to ensure you get 100% lag free games and that you have an easy time finding a game, you should always play on your JPSN account. Even though we live in Japan, the game will still base the search results off of our PSN's region. Every once in a while a Japanese match will be mixed in with your results, but it takes a while before one shows. European games are usually the main ones mixed in.

Now if you're playing with friends it doesn't matter what region you're all on because if you all live in Japan the connection will be fine regardless. So if you and I play and I'm on a US account and you're on a UK one it makes no difference. But whenever I'm done playing with my friends, I always switch to my JPSN account to play. Also if I'm playing 2v2 with someone else one of us is always on their JPSN account and they're the main match searcher.

Hope that helped. I'll add you and the other guys from this page later.

Shouta

I've noticed something stupid and hilarious. Despite all the glitchy audio in the game, Kuma's Fatal Wind sound effect almost always plays at the right time for me.

Some guy that I'm sure is from neogaf added me last night.
He invited me to a match while i was playing Twisted Metal.
The match type was scramble, it was my first time playing online.
So my BP were 0.
I wasn't aware that you could summon a team mate by hitting select.
Him & a friend of his boxed in my CPU partner or kept spamming spinning clotheslines with Zangief. Then Did the super, over & over again, no combos, no fighting just chaotic bullshit poke traps & spam.

I wasn't aware that these were ranked so before playing any true online matches my record got fucked up 4 times. I got kicked out of the lobby then deleted by this bitch.
I then proceeded to wreck the worlds of randoms ranked online.
The way the game was meant to be played.
These scramble modes seem good on paper but they are quiet glitchy with two coordinated people fight you & a CPU. Does anybody agree that scramble battles aren't an indicator of skill in this game?

He has Hugo as an avatar on PSN & his name started with a C.
I'm calling you out on a regular tag type match solo. You are a cheesy player that lacks skill. I will combo you into oblivion. Normally I don't get bent out of shape over these things but these shit stain repeatedly added me to a match when i accepted I was double teamed. I expected the game to be played as intended.
I hope you have more skills then you displayed with your spamtastic tactics.

This guy he had a b rank I see why with cheap wins.
I am just starting out online & know I can wreck your shit!
I want a BP boost off of your lame cheesing ass!

Step forward be a man & collect your virtual ass whooping.

K.

Top Bottom