• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

zlatko

Banned
Costumes for this game are hideous. There are a few exceptions, like some neat swaps (Gill Ogre) but on the whole they're pretty ass.

I would have, against my better judgement, paid for chef Law but what are my options? God damn El Fuerte and Genghis Khan.

Capcpooooom!

Disagree about the alt costumes. I can think of at least 10 I want and look bad ass, examples being:

King's Alex alt
Nina Rolento alt
Rolento Raven alt
Bryan's Urien alt
Bryan's psycho clown alt
Kuma's Teddybear alt
Ogre's hoof feet alt
Abel's Armor King alt
Cody's cop alt

A few others I'm spacing out on, but I'm liking the alts here more than SF4 or UMvC3. I wanted to learn King just because of his Alex alt, but unfortunately King is ass. :p

Will we be able to custom color alt outfits as well? If so, fuck yeah!

everyone keeps telling me cammy is bad but she seems able to lay on the pressure pretty damn well

Cammy's really good. If you're hearing this from srk then stay far away, as 99% of the posters there have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to real concrete game knowledge.

Bizazedo

Cammy's really good. If you're hearing this from srk then stay far away, as 99% of the posters there have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to real concrete game knowledge.

I get more and more depressed when I see the lack of critical thinking in the FGC. I'd say / ask why it's better in MMO's or Starcraft, but it's not in SC really either I think.

zlatko

Banned
everyone keeps telling me cammy is bad but she seems able to lay on the pressure pretty damn well

Yeah her walk jab pressure is great, and being able to jump cancel off a round house into a cross up LK or into a dive kick is just stupid good. Her damage is solid enough for punishes too, and her anti air is something to worry about.

Chavelo

SFxT to be 2v2 at EVO.

Consider me interested. :D

The 2012 Evo season is rapidly approaching, and we thought it would be time to announce the ruleset for Street Fighter X Tekken. The tournament this year will be a 2on2 team tournament. Get your partners ready, as this very well could be a very insteresting tournament. Expect salt factors to be at a all time high and with tagging and combos thrown into the mix, it will be a integral part of winning. Gems will not be used at Evo 2012, so start practicing up for the biggest and baddest tournament of the year!

http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/27/evo-2012-sfxt-ruleset-and-registration-information/

Ferrio

Banned
I think it's a good decision, sucks for people without a partner. Brackets will run a lot quicker, and it will give it something unique.

zlatko

Banned
Cammy is really annoying in the hands of a button masher until you score a knockdown.

Those Cammy's don't make me sweat. Jab jab them, wait, they DP, you go free combo on their ass. Knock 'em down, press something, wait, they dp, go free combo.

However, a jab jab jab pressure cammy who follows into the sweep jump cancel into cross up, and mixes that shit up good, and constantly scares you with throws, is some serious shit to worry about.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah her walk jab pressure is great, and being able to jump cancel off a round house into a cross up LK or into a dive kick is just stupid good. Her damage is solid enough for punishes too, and her anti air is something to worry about.

Tell me about it. I finally fought one and got so incredibly pissed. Dealing with minor amounts of lag as well made it even more frustrating. I think the only thing I could have done in that situation was an alpha counter.

So shameful. I hated my Dhalsim play. Here's a replay of my upsetting time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zuUBiUx5-Y#t=7m21s

DR2K

Banned
Those Cammy's don't make me sweat. Jab jab them, wait, they DP, you go free combo on their ass. Knock 'em down, press something, wait, they dp, go free combo.

However, a jab jab jab pressure cammy who follows into the sweep jump cancel into cross up, and mixes that shit up good, and constantly scares you with throws, is some serious shit to worry about.

Yeah right, get into a jabbing match with Cammy. Do you alsp play a zoning game against Sim?

Lothars

That's fucking everyone. Seriously, if 2v2 literally becomes the standard for this game I will sell it.
It's not like 1v1 is bad though and I prefer playing it that way but I prefer watching 2v2 though.

I don't think 1v1 is going anywhere though.

GorillaJu

2v2 at Evo is going to mean a smaller contestant pool unfortunately. As fun as it will be, I'd rather 1v1 so guys like Tokido and Infiltration can come from overseas solo and play a bigger part.

Can't find a good partner eh? :(

I went home and became a family man, :). I got plenty of buddies to go see a Clips/Chargers game with, but not to team up for no damn fighting game, haha.

If anything, maybe they will partner up random people that want to play. As it stands now, I'll just skip that tourny at EVO. More time for SC5 I guess. I might change my mind in 3 months though.

Threi

notag

And this game finally has the dynamic that is missing from other capcom fighters.

Excellent decision.

That's fucking everyone. Seriously, if 2v2 literally becomes the standard for this game I will sell it.
amusing thing is my stance was the exact opposite; if 1v1 continued to be the standard i would sell the game.

Besides the 2v2, I personally do not like them NOT using gems.

I mean, there is already gonna be 4 people doing button checks, syncing their joysticks. Why not a bit more to do gems?

Now that would be interesting. To compensate and accentuate your partners strengths and weaknesses.

kirblar

Are they seriously going to go no gems for it? The game is balanced around gems for fucks sake...
They have no way of knowing if the gem selection problem will be fixed by then. Direct your heat at Capcom for implementing them badly, not the organizers who are forced to cut a feature due to Capcom's negligence.

Jenga

Banned
I'm sure they'll still have singles (not necessarily Evo). Player's will get tired of feeling like they carried/held back someone else.
look, if this was some minor tourney I'd be fine, but this is fucking evo we're talking about. this shit better be slammed by the playerbase before "2v2" becomes the actual standard

Besides the 2v2, I personally do not like them NOT using gems.

I mean, there is already gonna be 4 people doing button checks, syncing their joysticks. Why not a bit more to do gems?

Now that would be interesting. To compensate and accentuate your partners strengths and weaknesses.
especially since the number of matches are effectively cut in half. also, each person now only needs to remember 1 set of gems rather than 2.

zlatko

Banned
This game is officially hype for me again just to watch the 2v2 madness awwww yeah.

I may even start doing ranked more now as just my Kazuya with my buddy as on point Jin.

:D

Top Bottom